Week 8 College Football.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 14, 2019.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I can't believe that kid dropped it in the end zone. Michigan has 3 time outs to force a punt if they can. Any update on the Kansas-Texas shootout?

2. IrishCorey

I see Texas survived the "Les Miles experience" at home 50-48.

3. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

****. Looks like PSU can run out the clock.

4. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

But, the second half is the best M has looked all year. M will not be an easy out next week in AA.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrishCorey

Michigan out played Penn State but couldn't overcome that slow start. I see Tua is out for the 2nd half in the Bama Tennessee game.

6. IrishCorey

It should be noted that Tennessee is without their starting QB as well, who was knocked out.

7. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Tua out for the 2nd half. This is why we need to be balanced on offense. We will need our defense.more.than ever now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IrishCorey

UT self-destructing in the red zone has helped twice now. Bama's gotta find that run game.

9. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Wow... what a dumb play by 19.
    You had a crucial stop, and you just had to add a little mustard to your great play costing your team the ball. :confused:

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Yeah Scott that was stupid. He did it right in front of the ref. and they are.calling this.game tight anyway.

11. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Didn't follow much of anything in college football tonight. I hope Tua is going to be alright.

12. IrishCorey

Boise State is looking like they are going down. What happened to their freshman QB? Some guy named Cord is playing QB and he really doesn't look that great.

13. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Earlier in the game the refs were missing calls against SC so much so that I told my son it looked like a day that we were gonna get hosed and it looked like the refs had an agenda against us.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! I knew it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Kp, what are your options at QB now? Those high ankle sprains can be troublesome. If Tua unable to play in the LSU game, that could be a disaster??

16. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Don, Mac Jones is the back up but he looked pretty bad last night. Maybe with some more reps in practice he will improve. This.is.one.of the.reasons I was.worried about our lack of a running game. We became too one dimensional. Our defense is very young and not very effective so far so yes LSU scares me. ALOT.

17. Terry O'Keefe

Saban said he doesn't expect Tua to play next week, Tua reportedly told his team he'll be back for LSU.

18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Yeah, Tua had a similar injury on the other ankle last year and it lingered for half of the season. I was worried about LSU before this injury and after seeing our defensive performance yesterday I don't feel any better.

19. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Modern day medicine is vastly different now, but like you, I will be amazed if he can compete and be effective for the LSU game.

20. Terry O'Keefe

Week 8...thoughts.

1. Tua ..hope he's ok, they talked about this is the same as last year different ankle. But that's a big deal for the Tide. Really for all of the top contenders. I doubt if LSU has a guy ready to step in for Joe Burrow. What happens at Ohio State if Fields goes down, same at Clemson and Trevor Lawrence. With the way most offenses are QB centric, if you don't have a QB to step in then you could lose your season.

2. Wisconsin loss...that was so unexpected. But of all the contenders Wisconsin was the one who I'll bet you couldn't name the QB, and I guess if you stop Taylor you stop the Badgers. Were they looking ahead? I guess maybe if you look at the Wisc/Northwestern game and then look at the Ohio State/Northwestern game....the Badgers didn't look like they belong in the same class as the Buckeyes.

3. Army. Before the season, based mainly on the way they played last year a lot of people thought Army would have a shot at a top 25 ranking, and while I don't think anybody expected them to beat Michigan, 11-1 was thought to be possible. They brought back a lot of people. But they are sitting at 3-4.

4. Texas defense. Wow how bad are we. Todd Orlando was a DCoord that Texas fans were worried might get away and become a HC. But now some are hoping he's not back. Texas came way to close to losing to Kansas for anybody's comfort. I thought before the game we'd score 50 on KU, but I was thinking 50-7.

5. Jake Fromm. What the hell has happened to him. 9-12 for 35 yds. Against the Irish he was terrific, he was so accurate and was patient with the ball. He wasn't flashy like Tua or Trevor. But for a team that likes to run the ball he was the perfect compliment. He'd better figure it out or the Gator defense is going to eat him alive.

6. Penn State...The Nit's are maybe the surprise team of the B1G. I think pre-season they were ranked around #15. Good but not expected to challenge Michigan and Ohio State. But looks like that is exactly what is happening. Game in Columbus this year. For all the marbles in the Big 10 Easte.

7. USC....don't count those guys out yet. Despite their loss to the Irish, they are very talented. That Slovis kid is really good, and he has 3 NFL WR's . I will not be surprised if they run the table all the way to the Pac12 Championship game. What if they win? Will Clay Helton keep his job?

8. 2 SEC team senarios. Loser of the LSU/Alabama game if that's their only loss and it is a good well played close game is not out of it. They might be the top of the 1 loss team list. Clemson is barring an upset of monumental proportions is going to be undefeated. OU is likely to be undefeated, but they have some good teams to play. Ohio State has to play Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin (twice maybe). They could be undefeated but maybe not. If there are 3 undefeated teams, who will be the 1 loss team to get in....could be 1 loss SEC team that didn't make the SEC Champ game. Of course if there are 4 undefeated teams, then they will be the CFP.

Last week we had the Georgia upset, this week we had the Wisconsin upset. Likely to be more to come. Last year there were 3 undefeated + OU. Never has been 4 undefeated teams.

• Informative Informative x 1