Week 7 College Football 2021

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 12, 2021.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Back then the Lions weren't satisfied with 9-7, only a perfect season would do. And, under Millen, they achieved their goal....0-16. (So far this season they're perfect also. With the Jags winning yesterday they're the undisputed leader in the No. 1 draft pick race.)

2. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Slight improvement on your idea...contain with 2. If the QB is mobile or RB is a threat, spy with 1 and drop 8. If the QB and RB are not a threat, clog with 9, including 2 shallow LBs. Mike Leach never changes, he's too smart. :p

3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

See, I don't agree. I think the secret is to not give these qb's too much time. If you rush 2 and shadow the qb, or rush 3, he has too much time. The MSU qb was good and moved the ball on us, but he was just not consistent enough, and they had no running game. You have to be able to pressure him with 4 guys and an occasional 5th guy so that he has to make quick decisions. If you can't do that, you are going to lose. Quick, athletic defensive linemen are the future.:)

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

SEC came down hard on Tenn for the bad fan behavior at the Ole Miss game. 250K is the fine, plus Tenn has to use video to try and identify those fans who contributed to the situation. To me this is really an odd incident, no doubt in part caused by the fans hate for Lane Kiffin. But ND fans who have travelled to Knoxville for ND/Tenn games have all reported that they were treated well and enjoyed the experience.

"The disruption of Saturday night's game is unacceptable and cannot be repeated on any SEC campus," SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said in a news release. "Today's actions are consistent with the oversight assigned by the membership to the SEC office, including the financial penalty and review of alcohol availability. We will use this opportunity to reemphasize to each SEC member the importance of providing a safe environment even with the intensity of competition that occurs every week. We will also reengage our membership in further review of the alcohol availability policy to consider additional measures for the sale and management of alcohol while providing the appropriate environment for collegiate competition."

Tennessee was assessed a $250,000 fine along with other penalties under the conference’s sportsmanship, game management and alcohol availability policies. The SEC said the money will be "deducted from the university’s share of SEC revenue distribution."

• "Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects on to the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Tennessee Athletics events for the remainder of the 2021-22 academic and athletic year.
    Tennessee receives hefty penalties over 'unacceptable' fans incident

5. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Speaking of Kiffin, what is the general opinion of him now?

Has he matured enough since leaving Tennessee that any of you would be willing to see him as your coach?

6. Gator Bill

And again I am going out on a limb and predicting that the Gators will not lose this weekend. :)

7. WSU1996kesley

I would think any fan of a Kiffin-coached team would have to constantly worry about a successful season, and whether that success would result in allowing Kiffin to again jump to the next "better" job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Agreed. He is a good offense architect, and an effective recruiter but I'm not sure he has any interest in anything other than money and attention.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Gator Bill

Wouldn't at some point he arrive at a place where there is no real better job?

Always the money and attention though.

10. WSU1996kesley

I was thinking USC was that job, but we know how that ended. I'm sure there is a good enough job at the end of the day, but if you're a fan, do you know if your team is the one that is good enough? Unless you are one of the top three jobs in the country, maybe / maybe not.

• Agree Agree x 1