Week 6 College Football.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 1, 2019.

1. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Yeah well you know how we are the cheaters. Oh wait it isn't going to be cheating anymore. That will piss Harbaugh off, as well as Corey of course.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I don't see this changing how many 5 stars that Bama gets.... they get em all anyway right now.

Won't change much until Saban retires and the Tide gets their own special version of Willie Taggart.... lol.

3. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

My greatest concern is will our current system of college football cease to exist inthe end? To me that would be a terrible tragedy!

• Like Like x 2
  4. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Why would I get pissed? The only one out of a job here is the bag man! :)

5. IrishCorey

But in all honesty, tell me that sponsorship wouldn't be an issue in Alabama? People like to pretend that it's this state with no money, but when you look at the resources afforded to the top programs in football, everyone is behind Alabama. There's money here. It's all about allocation of resources.

6. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I think we'll all be amazed at what happens when this goes live nationwide. Calif sets a 2023 date but other states are getting close to passing laws similar and the dates are sooner. On the most optimistic level it gives college athletes control over their image, they use it responsibly, there are no scandals, the kids get some money. Yeaaaah! On the other end it becomes a mess and ruins the whole game.

7. Terry O'Keefe

Back to current college football...
    In a big surprise, Washington State DCoord, Tracey Claeys, has resigned.

8. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I see the logic behind Florida-Auburn, but hope springs eternal.

Go Gators

9. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bearcats and Coach Fickell in the win over UCF tonight 27-24.

10. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Florida is No. 1 in remaining strength of schedule and begins what is the most difficult four-game stretch for any team this season on Saturday against Auburn, according to ESPN's Football Power Index. The Gators then have road trips to LSU and South Carolina before hosting Georgia.

Pretty much what I said before...... probably gonna be a fairly average season for the Gators.
    But like Bill..... I can hope.

11. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Corey, I've got a feeling Alabama is not the only place that this will be a problem, although Alabama has been singled out here.

12. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Big win for Cincinnati against UCF. Fickell has done a great job rebuilding that program. Although he coached under both Tressel and Meyer, his team seems to be molded like a Tressel team with a very aggressive defense and an offense that is conservative but effective. UCF looked like the better team but turning the ball over 4 times on the road, including a pick 6 on their own 10 yard, line killed their chances to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. IrishCorey

I mean, we could talk about Auburn, they're in Alabama but it's the same driving force. I would say that their facilities are nowhere near as nice as Alabama's though. I guess that's part of their charm. The lovely little cow college on the Plains. It makes one wonder why someone would ever choose to go there?

14. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Or we could talk about Texas, they brag about your much money they have or we could talk about Notre Dame, they brag about their nationwide support, but we don't or we could talk about Michigan, they've got enough money to have spring practice all over the world, but we don't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. IrishCorey

Sure, we could talk about any of them, but I live in Alabama and it's all around me. So why not talk about that, rather than talking out of my ass about something I never actually see or experience?

16. IrishCorey

So can we talk about Les Miles being a superior coach now? I'm watching the Kansas-OU game and Kansas has no business even being on the field with OU, yet there they are hanging with them because they look like the superior coached team. OU has the much better athletes and that's the difference in this game.

Michigan just missed a FG but their defense has been stout against Iowa so far. LSU finally managed to break away from Utah State. I am surprised that LSU's defense has managed to contain Utah State's QB.

17. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

M’s D won this one. Iowa’s inability to run the ball or handle the blitz killed them. But, can’t see us beating PSU or ND let alone OSU unless our offense improves dramatically in a hurry and hard to see that happening. We can’t run the ball, don’t throw the ball downfield, and Patterson is playing at a John O’Korn level. Gattis has been a bust so far.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Fair.enough Corey, I will only talk about Alabama stuff with you, since that is all you know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Terry O'Keefe

I didn't see that Iowa/UM game by ut it must have been a slobber knocker on defense.

Les Miles, who ever said he couldn't coach? Sure lots of us have made fun of him for the Hat, for eating the grass, for his penchant for the trick play. But he didn't win all those games at Ok.State and LSU because he couldn't coach. I did question if he had the fire in his belly to do the work that would be required to get KU back to even respectable. I didn't see the OU/KU game so I can't comment on whether or not KU was the better coached team. But it's pretty common for underdogs to rise to the occasion and the better team to play down to the competition. Lincoln Riley has proven he's one of the best coaches in college. Saban and Dabo are the top, but Riley is right behind them.

Alabama, the best program in the NCAA the last 10 years. Saban has out coached, out worked, and out organized the rest of the NCAA. If they change the rules regarding the player images, you can bet that Saban will utilze those rules better than everybody and do it legally. I have a lot of respect for Nick Saban.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Terry O'Keefe

Just looking at the scores.
    Texas Tech gets the win....I'm shocked. I thought that OSU would win handily.

Va Tech gets the win over Miami...another shocker for me. Va.Tech has been terrible so far, I know Miami hasn't been great but I still thought in South Fla that the Hurricanes would get the win.

Texas hangs on and beats WVa 42-31. Again didn't watch but I thought the defense would hold them under 20. 40+ points was about what I figured our offense would put up. To be fair we had a lot of injuries in the defensive backfield.

I did see the end of the Nebrask game. They get the big pick and then a big play and a FG to win as the clock runs out. The announcers seem to think the Huskers got away with pass interference on the pick What happened to Adrian Martinez?

• Like Like x 1