Week 4 College Football

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed about the job the refs did on us to erase a long scoop and score.
    The Auburn kid took a full step and a half with the ball after receiving the pitch, gets lit up and we take it the other way.
    Booth buzzes they want to look and reverses call on the field.

BS calls ALWAYS happen against Auburn, and they get them at Kyle Field.
    I'm getting to hate them about as much as a few others.

BTW, this wasn't a horse-collar either... :confused: yeah I'm STILL mad.

johnny-manziel-horse-collar.jpg

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

At least you guys over came that and won the game.

3. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Amazing win for the Buckeyes! I have never witnessed an ending like this one. Agony for Notre Dame I am certain.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Tremendous game. McCord showed his character with that last drive. Heartbreaking loss for the Irish but still think they remain in the conversation for the playoffs with their performance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

I can't tell you how sick I feel, from the play calling on the last drive to I'm being told that we had 10 men on the field for the last play. I'm just totally devastated. This was just like the 2005 USC game, except Henderson didn't have a need for Reggie Bush to push him in to the endzone.

6. Terry O'Keefe

I wonder if this team can get over this loss and go to Duke and play a good game? Not to mention that while Kyle McCord had a very good game and showed a lot, Caleb Williams and USC are even scarier and they will be in South Bend in a few weeks.

7. Bobdawolverweasel

TOK, if they can emotionally rally, ND can handle Duke. I don’t see Duke’s QB running through ND’s defense like he did vs Clemson or Duke’s defense handling the power of ND’s offense. Re USC, ND has the ability to control the football on offense and beat them up as Utah did last last year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Bobdawolverweasel

PJ Fleck’s canoe sank in Lake Michigan off the coast of Evanston. Gophers blew a 21 pt lead in the 4th Q to lose to woeful NW in OT, 37-34.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  9. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Notre Dame/OSU great game. A lot of really good football and what a finish.
    Scott, I thought that was a fumble also. Auburn always gets m those kind of breaks. It pisses me off every Saturday.
    Colorado got the cold water to the face. Enough said.
    Alabama played a.much better game this week. Not great but not too bad. Milroe still has a long way to go. He doesn't read defenses very well. Our defense looked pretty good. We'll just have to see.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

For the Deion non-lovers, this is how you handle a butt-whipping with class and competitiveness.

MEDIA=twitter]1705779604718248433[/MEDIA]

EDIT: I've changed the wording of my intro. I apologize for inferring that people actually hate Deion. I used the word frivolously and, as a result of Scott's post below, I realize that it might have been taken more literally than intended. That's what I get for being an old man using current jargon. Thanks, Scott.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  11. Terry O'Keefe

Sid I will email you later today.

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

KP your O line looked a lot better to me today. Big difference in whole offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Heartbreaker for our Irish friends for sure, it was rock fight and every bit the battle I expected. Hats off to the Irish for showing the guts to turn the game when I thought we were gonna take control. Couldn't be more proud of the Buckeye kids showing the grit to do what they needed to both on the defensive stop to get the ball back and on the game-ending drive. I think young Mr. McCord is gonna be just fine. I agree with Sid, I think the Irish are gonna be in the playoff discussion till the very end. TOK, Caleb is a great player, but I wouldn't fear the Trojans, they don't play defense well enough to contain Hartman and Co, I don't see them holding you under 30.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Thanks! :confused:

15. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I do not hate Deion. I have never liked his loud-mouthed style since he was a player, but hate is too strong.
    What I "hated" was the media circus building Colorado up into some miracle team that it was not.
    They were ranked for cripes sake, and that was ridiculous.

Watched a bit of Bama, and I know what Nick should do - take a page from the Mac Brown book and treat Milroe like Vince Young. One read, if it's covered GO. That kid would be a terror used in that way.
    Right now... he spends too much time trying to read, and loses some big opportunities or throws late which is never good.
    (I DO hate Lane Kiffin, so I was pleased at the outcome in Tuscaloosa!)

Kesley's Cougs won again last night and are now 4-0.

I had to follow OSU/ND on the tracker, and that was maddening. UPDATE PLEASE!
    Not the memory the ND faithful wanted, but I'm sure this will be WAY up there for the OSU folks.
    Great game, the kind we need more of to keep us interested.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Gators won a very lackluster game.

Next up Kentucky who is 4-0 and have beaten us the last several times we have played.

They are a pretty good game and this game could have a lot to do with the success, or lack of, for our season. Hope we play like we did against Tennessee in the first half and not like we did yesterday.

But of course winning is the big goal and we did win yesterday. At this point we are 3-1 instead to the
    2-2 that was predicted in the fist 4 games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Terry O'Keefe

Talk about a kick in the nuts..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Terry O'Keefe

Pretty exciting weekend for the college football fan.

They got a great battle between the Irish and the Buckeyes in South Bend.
    Another Thriller in Baton Rouge with the Tigers hanging on.
    USC nearly coughing one up in the Desert vs a woeful Sun Devil team
    Wazzu taking Oregon State apart
    Deion getting pants in Autzen
    Very few upsets. Really I guess you can call the Wazzu win an upset and certainly the Northwestern win. But pretty much all the top teams games went to the favorites.

Alabama starting to find some offense, might be a year that by the end of the season Jalen Milroe will be an excellent College QB and the Tide defense be well the Tide defense.

3 unbeaten teams left in the SEC 2 of them are unexpected. Georgia, Kentucky and Missouri.

Iowa offense is back on track, getting shut out at Happy Valley. How good is Penn State?

Longhorns get an easy win in Waco, I see they are #3 in the AP poll now. OU who had been scoring 60 or 70 points a game, only got 20 vs Cincy. Kansas looked very good in their game vs BYU who was coming off a big win in Fayetteville vs Arkansas who happened to take LSU to the end before losing on a wolk off FG. They come to Austin next weekend.

Clemson out of the picture with that 2nd loss in OT vs FSU. How good is FSU?

The top 3 1 loss teams are Alabama, Notre Dame and LSU. All have lost to what are now top 5 teams . Can't lose any more but run the table and each could be in the CFP, easier said than done of course. LSU and Alabama play of course so one of them will for sure have a 2nd loss. The Irish face USC in a few weeks.

Duke, how good are they?

Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State all play one another. That should be interesting. Will the Big 10 have an undefeated team?

Listening to ESPNU, Tom Lugenville a recruiting guru amongst other things said he didn't think FSU was all that great and that Texas was the best looking team in the country and should be #1. I'm not sure what Texas team he's been watching. Must not have been the one who played Rice or Wyoming?

• Winner Winner x 1