Week 4 College Football 2021

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

How often in the 55 years since I graduated from ND have I said that the Irish are ranked to high? None. Until now. I agree with Terry. We are ranked too high.

2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Terry,

Rutgers geared their defense to stop the run in the second and dared us to pass. We couldn’t and were fortunate to win the game as the refs missed an obvious M hold/pass interference in the end zone late in the 4th quarter. Our QB’s passing will need to significantly improve as don’t think we will beat the good teams coming up in our schedule by trying to run the ball down their throats. Our defense has improved but still think our defensive line and secondary have yet to be truly tested.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Until the Aggies get their offensive line figured out they are at risk every week. Not sure where I'd rank them if at all. The defense is pretty salty, but if we can't score it doesn't matter.

Arkansas is a VETEREN team which is worth a lot, but they are about to run into a buzzsaw part of their schedule that will bring a reality back. I certainly don't blame any of them for being high on their team right now but their talent gap is still large with the elite teams. They are going to be in big trouble scoring on Georgia, and doubt they can keep up with the KiffyRebs.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Sounds like you are describing Notre Dame.

5. Scott88

Except you have a veteran QB who can kinda help out. We've got a new kid who poses no threat as a runner so opposing D's will stack the box and send it every play.

6. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Interesting article on an Alabama site about the fan angst coming from Clemson and A&M. The author somehow got a bunch of comments from Twitter I guess after the losses. Pretty funny in a way on how fast fans can turn, esp when they get to emote anonymously on the Internte.

NSFW: It’s Meltdown Time! Tigers and Aggies are disappoint

7. Scott88

Our fans are notorious for BAS: Battered Aggie Syndrome. They go from hope to despair in the blink of an eye. I haven't paid any attention to our boards for the past year.

8. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

You should see Lincoln. They could film an episode of the Walking Dead here.

• Funny Funny x 1