Week 3 College Football.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Sep 9, 2019.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Kentucky has a recent history of close games against Florida that they find a way to blow. This year's game was no exception. It is usually an entertaining game though, which is why I watch. So Florida doesn't leave home again until the LSU game, right?

2. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Another week of close games and upsets. Iowa-Iowa State game was fun to watch. Michigan State loses to Arizona State at games end.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Yeah the Gators are home now for a few.... a good place for Kyle Trask to be although he looked extremely capable and comfortable on the road last night coming in for Franks and bringing UF back from the brink of defeat. Before Franks went on his 5 game rampage at the end of last season he was actually replaced in the starting lineup by Trask who promptly hurt his foot in practice so most Gator fans aren't kissing the season goodbye yet because of the injury to Franks.
    On another note damn it seems like UK wasn't just Benny Snell and Josh Allen last year..... that program has definitely improved overall under Mark Stoops.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

No movement at the top of the polls, but there are some big moves by the PAC 12 who now has 6 teams in the top 25.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Appreciate your thoughts Bobda, thank you... Wife did her magic on me last night, I think I remember her calling me stupid at some point but I wasn’t listening very well at the the time. Between her pixy dust it seems that only a few blisters showed up and mainly deep red and well burned more than I would prefer. Tomorrow I’ve got to throw on the blue jeans and I’m hoping it’s not too bad.

For the record smoked meatloaf was a new one to me and while extremely delicious it would have been easier to throw it in the oven. But that hickory smoked meat was kinda fun to munch on..

6. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

The problem with the P12 is always that they beat each other so there is rarely an unbeaten champion, which isn't a problem if you're from the SEC, but is problematic for others.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Terry O'Keefe

The Mich State/Ariz State story gets juicier....Not only did who ever (the kicker?) was responsible for counting the players before the ball is snapped fail their job and cost them the victory, but then the Pac12 refs failed their job on the next play costing them the redo of the missed kick.

8. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Terry O'Keefe

I think the problem that the Pac12 has is that people with votes are influenced by the disparity between the NFL talent that the SEC produces each year vs what the Pac12 produces. So that a 1 loss SEC team...ie Alabama or Georgia that is always loaded with NFL talent gets the nod over Pac 12 1 loss teams.

But that's what ND faces as well, unless we're unbeaten we're not getting in the CFP.

10. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Always happy when I get to meet up with my extended family.

11. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

How long until Plummer2Poole gets his "Cease and desist" letter from the Aggie lawyers?
    :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2