Week 11 College Football

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Waiting on the CFP, will be out tonight.

Biggest story continues to be the UM Sign Stealing situation. The Big 10 has put UM on notice that it could face discipline and has till Wed to reply to the letter. All the speculation is that if the Big 10 suspends Harbaugh that UM will fight it with all it's legal resources and that will delay any implementation of any discipline till long after the season and the CFP.

In Austin Quin Ewers is back throwing, no word however on whether he will play this weekend at TCU. He's day to day according to Sark

2. Terry O'Keefe

After the big win in potentially the last Bedlam for a long time, the Oklahoma State students tore down the goal post. It always seems like a great thing, but it's very dangerous and people have been seriously injured in these things. But apparently nobody was injured and there was no river to take the goal post to like the Tenn fans did last year, they took them to a campus pond and tossed them in.

Later than night though some other students went back and got a souvenier. I don't know how the goal post went from the configuration that was torn down to them just getting one of the uprights out of the pond.

3. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

NDNation now looks the bastion of sanity compared to the Michigan forums. M fans are either:

1. calling for M to leave the B10

2 Minimizing the rule breaking by claiming that it made minimal impact on the games.

3 Falsely claiming that the NCAA investigation was prompted by Ryan Day’s brother’s PI firm had hacked into Stallion’s computer.

4 Complaining that rival teams shared scouting and sign decoding info ( which is not illegal as long as the info was acquired properly).

5. Others teams cheat too response.

A little stunned by the cultish response to behavior that clearly warrants an investigation by the B1G and NCAA

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

6. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Wow! What the heck is going on?

7. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

That's some brotherly love going on right there!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

It's open season on madness to be sure....I think my favorite was the Day Brothers PI firm link, that's some spicy stuff! The latest on the Buckeye boards is that Stalions owned a home in AA wherein he was running an illegal money laundering operation in conjunction with Corum that was fronted as a vacuum cleaner repair shop.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Terry O'Keefe

Where are the games this week. The season is coming to a close.

Only game of significance is the Thursday night match up between a rising and surprising Louisville squad and UVA. Louisville is poised to play FSU for the ACC Championship, something nobody saw coming.

Saturday

1. Ohio State vs Michigan State ...back in the Nick Saban days in the late 90's MSU delivered one of the biggest blows to what looked like a surefire Na'tl Championship Buckeye squad who played basketball on grass. Nick Saban is going to be on the MSU sideline, Spartans have no chance.

2. Georgia vs Ole Miss The Dawgs are rounding into shape, the Missouri game was challenging for awhile then UGA took over. I think this week will be the same. Ole Miss is a good team but not good enough. A loss by Ole Miss makes Alabama a virtual lock for the SECCG.

3. Michigan @ Penn State What will be sold out, fired up crowd with the traditional White Out that makes a game like this big. Penn State still hasn't found much of an offense though, they have a great defense but struggle on offense. Michigan has a great defense and a very efficient offense lead by JJ McCarthy. No doubt that the current controversy has caused the UM team to circle the wagons in the Us vs the World and keeps them focused. Likely a solid win for Big Blue.

4. FSU vs Miami At one time was a prime time game between 2 championship programs. Not any more Miami has had some unexpected losses and just haven't shown anything that would lead you to believe they can go to FSU and beat a really good FSU squad.

5. Washington vs Utah. Utes are a good team even though they did get beat down by Oregon at home. Washington outscored USC last weekend, they'll need to play well to beat the Utes who are a solid well coached team.

6. Oregon vs USC Riley fired his DCoord this week, but he still has the same players so I don't expect them to come out and play like the '85 Bears. Oregon has played great football since that close lost to the Huskies in Seattle. I expect them to put a beat down on the Trojans and not let up till the final whistle.

7. Texas @ TCU Sark said Ewers was day to day, I'm guessing he won't name him as a starter just wants TCU to prepare for both Malik Murphy and Ewers. TCU is not very good this year but it is a road game and they will be high for the Longhorns. Either Murphy or Ewers doesn't matter we should beat TCU.

8.Alabama @ Kentucky. Wildcats are good not great team, Alabama is rounding into form. That was an impressive performance by Milroe and the Tide Offense and the defense is solid. Tide should roll.

9.Ole Miss @ UGA
    10. Penn State vs Mich.

Other games.

Florida @ LSU Both teams lost last weekend, more importantly LSU may have lost Jayden Daniels to concussion protocol for this game. That levels the playing field. LSU is the best offense in college with Daniels, don't know how Nussmier will do, he has talent and a strong arm. Gators are very up and down this season, coming off a loss at home to one of the worst teams in the SEC. LSU folks don't like the Gators. Important game though for both programs.

Miss State @ A&M Rumors continue to swirl around Jimbo, recent article in the Houston Chronicle though said he'll be back in 2024. Miss State is a bad team, just what the doctor ordered.

Tenn @ Missouri Both are good teams and this game means a lot to finishing the season well and getting a better bowl bid. Nothing is getting either into the NY6 bowls But a win is important to both programs.

Ga. Tech @ Clemson Dabo got the win he needed last weekend beating the Irish. Now he can't let it slip away by losing to a surprising Ga.Tech squad.

West Virginia @ OU Sooners have hit the skids losing to Kansas and Oklahoma State on successive weekends after riding high beating Texas. They really need to put a beat down on WVa.

Arizona @ Colorado Dieon's dream season has slipped away and Arizona is on the rise. This should be an interesting game. Arizona has 3 good wins in a row over Pac 12 rivals Wash State, Oregon State and UCLA all of which are better than Colorado. More humble pie for Dieon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

As expected UM response to the Big 10 was 10 pages long and basically said don't even think about punishing us, we'll bury you!

in other news it appears that Jayden Daniels might be ready for the Gators.

"He worked out this morning and it appears as though that workout went well, which is the last stage before he's cleared for non-contact practice, so we're expecting him to practice today," Kelly said. "If all things go well through practice today, then he'll be cleared for contact on Thursday."

Kelly wasn't ready to say whether Daniels or backup Garrett Nussmeier will start in Saturday's home game against Florida (7:30 p.m. ET, SEC Network/ESPN App) at Tiger Stadium.

11. Scott88

Rumors about Jimbo are nonsense. There is ZERO chance he won't be back... but I see a lot of gossip to make sure his recruiting takes a hit.
    Objectively, he has a 6 pt, a 7 pt, and a 3 pt loss in this bad stretch with 2 away from home.
    I have to think a healthy Connor Weigman might have changed the outcomes a bit but that wasn't to be.
    Oh well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

You guys have been snake bit at QB going all the way back to Haynes King breaking his leg in what the second game of the season? His replacement did beat Alabama but that's about it and Weigman I think is the real deal but...injury.

13. kp

kp Well-Known Member

What weapons does Michigan have to bury the Big 10?

14. BuckeyeT

KP, I think the best description is that the implied threat is they will "bury the Big 10" in legal filings. Clearly the intent is to delay, delay, delay until after the season is over. First year commish, as reported, has the strong support of the other AD's and coaches, but he is very inexperienced and clearly trying to feel his way forward. The pressure to act before the season is over is very strong but the M President, also a newbie , seems to have the backing of his Board of Regents, which actually I find somewhat surprising. Stay tuned....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Scott88

Doc, I'm starting to tie that snake-bit problem back to poor OL performance.
    In Jimbo's first 3 years or so we had good OL's and ran the ball effectively as well as protected the QB.
    In the last 3, not so much. We've gone through a LOT of OL coaches.... seems the first few took promotions and I can't blame them. So far, Addazio has NOT impressed me.
    He has good talent to work with, and while there have been some injuries there a good coach finds a way to at least be effective.
    Now QB #2 is starting to show signs of the battering, and that's not good.
    Gotta get the big goons up front working well, or things are not going to improve.

16. Terry O'Keefe

I guess Coach is doing well, retirement when ever it happens is secure! Have to defer to BuckeyeT as to whether his investments are wise though! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. BuckeyeT

HA....I think Coach Saban and his family are gonna be just fine in their retirement years....for generations to come ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I heard that Michigan was going to self impose another 3 game suspension on Harbaugh... the dates are August 31, September 14 and November 23 of 2024. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Terry O'Keefe

Heather Dinch on the M situation. Her key quote is that UM is not bringing a knife to a gun fight.:rolleyes:

20. Terry O'Keefe

OK Sark has confirmed that Quin Ewers will start against TCU.

"He's had a great week of practice," Sarkisian said. "I thought he got stronger as the week went on. I really didn't feel like there was a throw he couldn't make."