Vote Counting

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Well Stu if 6 electoral votes would flip the election to Trump and the fact that only registered voters receiving a ballot in the mail in Nevada was the whole difference in the vote tally then you have a point.....

2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Again you deflect. All I said was I predicted the chaos and that mailing unsolicited ballots is a bad move. Why do you NEVER address what someone is actually saying and deflect, distort, and put words in other’s mouths?

So if it doesn’t affect the one race this one time it makes it ok?

And maybe it DID make a difference in down ballot races, issue votes, etc.

3. Motorcity Gator

Well Stu many people otherwise in years past used mail in ballots including some here and given the convenience of it with no waiting in line etc. I’m sure many more will do so In future elections. Heck if Biden loses in 2024 he can claim it’s all about the fraudulent mail in ballots....

4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

All I’m saying is make them request a mail in ballot like we do in Ohio. Don’t send blank ballots out to everyone. Particularly in states that don’t properly maintain their registration rolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Motorcity Gator

Embarassing.... damaging to our democracy..... and dangerous. When will this madness end?
    [​IMG]

6. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

7. Motorcity Gator

More misinformation. Never once have I said riots are acceptable. I have said however that a bunch of obviously very careless people crammed together yelling and wearing no masks is stupid and irresponsible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The first one of the states I looked at was Mich. Your fraudulent chart say "no" to ballots mailed to all registered voters. CBS say differently
    Michigan sends all registered voters absentee ballot applications following days of controversy
    For someone who's always questioning what Trump says, you sure post a lot of ********.

9. Motorcity Gator

"voting by mail has a long history of reliability in the United States, serving as the primary method of voting in Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Hawaii, which automatically send registered voters mail-in ballots. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, California, Nevada, New Jersey, Vermont, and Washington, D.C. have introduced the same procedure for the 2020 vote ( here ) .

Michigan was approved to send out mail-in ballot.... applications. Not quite the same as the ballots themselves.

10. Motorcity Gator

Then the question remains..... why did Trump or any of his supporters seemingly have a problem with registered voters voting? The right to vote in America is our most scared right in this nation.... one that millions have fought and died for over the past 244 years. Why would an incumbent president have a problem with registered voters exercising that right?
    Is it because he has politicized the public's reaction to the pandemic he so ignored and mismanages still to the point where no good Trumper worth his salt would be caught dead mailing in a ballot and much more medically cautious Democrats would be using those ballots to vote?
    Everyone that qualifies..... Democrat or Republican has the right to vote and should be encouraged to do so.
    Anything else is voter suppression and criminal.

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The above comment come from someone who had a problem with a President nominating a Supreme Court Justice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Motorcity Gator

The president who pushed through that nomination lost the popular vote by 5 million voters.... voters who in fact did not get their opinions and votes heard on the issue.

13. Motorcity Gator

Boy I gotta tell you that if the candidate I prefer doesn't win in 2024 I am crying foul right now.... that future election surely is rigged..... impossible my candidate doesn't win..... what a sham our democracy is!!!

Trump has taught me that.;)

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Why you sound like that toad Stacy Abrams.

15. Motorcity Gator

Pretty incredible that this tweet from Lindsey Graham came in 2016:

"My thoughts on a 'rigged' presidential election," Graham tweeted, adding a written statement.

My thoughts on a 'rigged' presidential election. pic.twitter.com/075n83NXMH

— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) October 20, 2016
    Newsweek subscription offers >
    "Like most Americans I have confidence in our democracy and election system," the statement said. "During this debate, Mr. Trump is doing the party and the country a great disservice by continuing to suggest the outcome of this election is out of his hands and 'rigged' against him.

"If he loses, it will not be because the system is 'rigged' but because he failed as a candidate."

16. Motorcity Gator

So apparently based on what he was saying in 2016 Trump's strategy ahead of any election that he is running in when polls suggest he is behind is that he advances his "election is rigged" theory in case he loses.
    Strange how in 2016 Graham called him out on it but now Graham is strong arming GOP elections officials in states like Georgia on Trump's behalf with regard to throwing out Democratic votes.

If he were to run again in 2024 does anyone have any doubt that if Trump was behind in the pre-election polls that he will be crying fraud and election rigging?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  17. Motorcity Gator

Please understand that I don't make this stuff up. You may not see it on conservative media but these things are actually happening.

"President Donald Trump flexed the power of his office Tuesday to tarnish America's free and fair election, sacking the official who declared the vote the most secure in US history, even as more of his false claims of massive fraud were exposed as baseless in court.
    The revenge firing, the President's latest assault against the infrastructure of US democracy, comes as he refuses to accept his defeat and to begin the process of transitioning power to President-elect Joe Biden -- an impasse that is especially dangerous amid a worsening pandemic.
    Trump wrote that he terminated Chris Krebs, a senior Department of Homeland Security official, for contradicting his own baseless allegations of irregularities. The President, his campaign and political allies have made multiple efforts, which started well before the election, to falsely argue that he was cheated out of a second term."

18. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

19. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I keep seeing reports of problems across the country with the voting, Georgia recently had one county that found almost 3k votes that hadn't been counted. Now Dave probably thinks those shouldn't be counted unless they are for Biden. I don't think these caches of votes that they are finding will change the Presidential Election, but a lot of local elections are very close and won sometimes by less than a hundred votes, so it seems like those are the elections most likely to be affected.

I have no doubt that there is voter fraud going on, whether it is "widespread' and the effort caused Trump to lose is to me unlikely. But to say there is no voter fraud to me is ignoring that there always has been and always will some in every election.

20. Motorcity Gator

I wonder how many Georgia Republican vote counters threw out Biden votes? Makes me think Biden should have won by a wider margin.

From Fox News this morning:

"Unless additional uncounted ballots are found during the audit, it does not appear that the audit will result in a change in the state's election result as President-elect Joe Biden had been leading by approximately 14,000 votes. Sterling said the updated count in Fayette County trimmed the lead to just under 13,000.

If the audit were to end up with Trump winning the state, he would still only have 248 electoral votes, with Biden remaining at 290."