Unbelievable Rutgers!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Gator Bill, Nov 9, 2006.

1. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

Texas

@ K-State
    A & M
    Big 12 championship vs Nebraska

Auburn
    Georgia
    @ Alabama
    SEC Championship vs FLA ?

Florida

S. Carolina
    W. Carolina
    @ FSU

SEC Championship game

USC

Oregon
    Cal
    Notre Dame
    @ UCLA

CAL
    @ Zona
    @ USC
    Stanford

Notre Dame

@ Air Force
    Army
    @ USC

Arkansas

Tennessee
    @ MSU
    LSU
    SEC Championship game vs FLA

Wisconsin
    @ Iowa
    Buffalo

Michigan
    @ Indiana
    @ Ohio State

Ohio State
    @ Northwestern
    Michigan

Rutgers
    @ Cincinnati
    Syracuse
    @ West Virginia

2. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

George there are a lot of Rutgers alumni including myself who would never go to a game or would just casually follow the team in the newspapers or on TV . Who wants to see a loser ? In fact the last time I went to Piscataway ( not counting meadowlands) to see them play was 1984 . Ironically , the team they played and beat was Louisville. How's that for karma?

For years and years, I never received anything from the alumni association until the last 5 or 6 years. Since they hired AD Mulcahy in 98 Rutgers athletics has shown great improvement and a big change of direction. Mulcahy used to be the President and CEO of the NJ Sports & Expo authority better known for the Meadowlands. He was responsible for the KO classic, the NCAA basketball regionals, springstein concerts etc. I could never figure out how RU was able to get him. I don't know the whole story but he makes a lot less $$ than he used to. I'm not sure if there was some politcal undercurrent but this guy was and still is a top notch executive. Schiano may get all the accolades but the guy that hired Greg has a lot to do with their success.

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

The only time I was in Rutgers Stadium was in Bob Davie's last year and I was there to root for the Irish. Even then I hoped that ND would win but not slaughter them.

I loved the Kickoff Classic. I used to go every year. Saw some great teams and athletes.

There was an article in today's Asbury Park Press re: 70 recruits at last nights game. They are vying for6 remaining slots available in Rutgers recruiting class. That was previously unheard of.

4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

On my way in to work this morning, on the Mike and Mike show, they replayed the Rutgers radio play-by-play guy's excited broadcast at the end of the game. He shouted, "THERE'S PANDEMONIUM IN PISCATAWAY!!!"

Priceless.

5. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

I went to several KO classics. It was great to see some of the top schools battle it out early in the year. I met Tod and PSU Pete ( old prodigy) at the PSU vs USC KO classic.

RU recruiting gets better every year. They do get a lot of fast athletes but they need to get more of the big beefy guys. They need to get a big left tackle like the one from Plainfield that OSU is recruiting.

6. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

I didn't realize you are a Scarlet Knight, Andy. Big congrats to you on your win!

I got home from work in time to watch the second half of the game. I was very impressed by the way Rutgers played. I had watched the track meet between Louisville and WVU the week before and I'll admit that I was expecting a slightly slower version of the same, with Louisville winning. I did not expect to see Rutgers play defense the way they did. :shock:

Overall, Rutgers looked as though it had destiny (for lack of a better word) on its side. One example was when your tight end made that great grab across the middle and broke off big yardage, then was stripped of the ball only to roll over on top of it for the recovery. The other was the FGA at the end of the game where Ito missed but got a second shot because the Cardinal was offsides.

Schiano was a man possessed. How about after the field goal when he was yelling at his players and making the chopping wood sign to remind them that there was still time on the game clock? Then he ran over to the referees after the kick windmilling his arm to remind them of the new clock rules. He had that win by the balls and was not going to let it get away.

Loved the crowd shots and the overhead shot at the end of the game as the fans spilled onto the field. Really captured the high emotion.

Again, congratulations on the biggest win in your program's history.

[​IMG]

7. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Ha that's what Auburn said 2 years ago

8. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

If

<t>Rutgers wins out, they deserve to go ahead of ANY ONE LOSS TEAM including Notre Dame. I said it, I mean it.<br/>
    <br/>
    West Virgina was BCS worthy, so was Louisville. If, and its still an IF, they run it, I say they go.</t>

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

This turned out to be the biggest non-story of the year.