Uh oh.... another Rino

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Here is a summary of former GOP Speaker of the House John Boehner's upcoming memoirs:
    "In an explosive excerpt from his forthcoming memoir, former House Speaker John Boehner calls Texas Sen. Ted Cruz a nasty name, refers to lots of Republicans elected in 2010 as "morons" and admits that President Barack Obama had little reason to find "common cause with people who think you are a secret Kenyan Muslim traitor to America."
    All of these tidbits are interesting -- and will draw headlines. But the most important part of the piece, which is taken from his book -- "On the House" -- set to be released later this month, is what Boehner writes about the role Fox News and Roger Ailes, the man who ran the network, played in seeding the ground for the rise of the conspiracy theory wing of the GOP and its eventual leader Donald J. Trump.
    Here's Boehner:
    "At some point after the 2008 election, something changed with my friend Roger Ailes. I once met him in New York during the Obama years to plead with him to put a leash on some of the crazies he was putting on the air. It was making my job trying to accomplish anything conservative that much harder. I didn't expect this meeting to change anything, but I still thought it was ********, and I wanted Roger to know it.
    "When I put it to him like that, he didn't have much to say. But he did go on and on about the terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, which he thought was part of a grand conspiracy that led back to Hillary Clinton. Then he outlined elaborate plots by which George Soros and the Clintons and Obama (and whoever else came to mind) were trying to destroy him....

"I thought I could get him to control the crazies, and instead I found myself talking to the president of the club.

2. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Remind everyone of this quote from Terry on the George Bush topic.

I concur then and advise the same now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Motorcity Gator

The thing is Bill this is ex-President George W. Bush and the former Republican Speaker of the House Boehner saying these things..... not MCG.

Traditional conservative Republicans have a better message for their constituents than all of this crazy conspiracy and election lie crap.

Twice in my life I chose the GOP presidential candidate when I voted because I felt they offered a better choice.
    This new radical conspiracy direction of the party led by Donald Trump and his supporters offers zero alternative choice.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Dave is just trolling so he can get on a rant.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Motorcity Gator

Terry either you subscribe to the new conspiracy theory driven radical direction of the Republican party or you remain with the traditional conservatives of the old guard Republican party.
    That seems to be a clear and evident division within the current structure of the GOP.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  6. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Dave you know absolutely nothing about what Terry thinks politically.

However if you read what he posts on your topics it is always to discourage people getting into an argument with you trying to incite.

Don't bother answering me as I feel the same as I think Terry does about you. You bring nothing to the forum and are always trying to incite other members.

You have left several times saying you would never be back but in every case do return again trying to incite. There is no conversing with you and that is not what I am doing here, but reinforcing what Terry said.

It is beyond me as to why you feel the need to incite but I am at a point where I don't really care, it would be best for you and for us if you live up to your promise to leave us. But remember you are not the only one able to make that happen.

I might add that you seriously need to grow up.

7. Motorcity Gator

Any thoughts Bill on what Boehner had to say? Or is attacking me always your only response?

If you truly cannot tolerate any opinion or the opinions of prominent past leaders of the GOP such as Bush or Boehner here that do not conform completely in line with yours then just ban me.

Since when did Skybox become an alt right only site? I have never seen THAT in the description but you should put it in there.

8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Dave, it's fundamentally a matter of respect. While I disagree with my friends here on some - not all - issues, I like and respect all of them, and though I occasionally will try to humorously (at least IMO) yank their collective chain, I have no desire to engage on the issues and risk displaying a lack of respect, which is what you are doing. For me it's not worth the risk of losing the friendships I've made here over the years. You're smart enough to understand that arguing different political views is a waste of time and mental energy, yet you persist ad nauseum. I commend the moderators for their patience. Unfortunately, I expect you to be oblivious to the point I'm trying to make and to continue your trolling until you push them to take stringent measures. If it happens, I won't be surprised. If it doesn't it will be only because they have a higher level of tolerance than I could ever hope to possess.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Motorcity Gator

Sid I appreciate your position and levity and I do completely see your approach and I have noticed before that you reign it in almost always.
    My sister-in-law is coming down to visit from Michigan and I have to take your approach with her as she is incapable of having any sort of reasonable discussion about politics that disagree with her views.... pretty much the same as it is here on this board.
    I know politics can always be a highly contested subject but I think that the inability these days to have any sort of calm discussion about different political viewpoints has become more the norm for some reason. People like Hannity, Carlson, Limbaugh and some of the more radical in the left media as well contribute heavily to the equation I'm sure.