Turn it up!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

This could go under "Addicted to Football" but for me it is deserving of it's own subject heading. Turn this baby up on your computer and soak in what it is like to be at The Swamp when a huge SEC foe like the Vols are in town on a Saturday night in Gainesville.

I know....I was at this game last year and many UF-UT games before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiCkOUIzKjY&search=florida%20gators%20tennessee

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Fires you up doesn't it!! There really isn't anything like College Football.

I haven't been to the Swamp, but the loudest stadium I have been to is at Texas A&M. If those guys ever get there act together consistently on the field, the noise might be damaging to humans!! :) As it is it's incredibly loud.

Memorial Stadium in Austin is just average Loud. ND stadium can be quiet or it can be loud, but not consistently loud like it is at Aggieland.

Terry

3. Motorcity Gator

Terry,

I have seen Michigan at ND, Michigan at OSU, UF at Syracuse, UF at Bama in B'ham, UF at FSU, UF at some that don't count like Vandy and KY and of course many different opponents at UF and many opponents at Michigan.

When a big foe like UT comes into the Swamp early in the season with so very much on the line it is truly special and IMHO the best moment I have witnessed in CFB.

At OSU in 1986 was one hell of a close second I think and Michigan has their days when teams like MSU and OSU come to visit and the team is leaping at that banner but mostly games at UF in the Swamp have consistently been the loudest and most intense team entries into the stadium I have seen.

4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:D
    Hey, that video clip fires me up too! Put me in coach!

5. Motorcity Gator

Reading this list of 10 greatest CFB games (in the opinions of some CFN writers) is another way to stoke that ever increasing fire that we all have for the start of the best time of year:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/TQ/Tuesday_Question.htm

6. Motorcity Gator

Terry/Jo'Co,

My 18 year old son was with me at that Tenn game last year and I showed him this clip yesterday and he said it was the loudest he has ever screamed for anything in his whole life....and this is a kid who has seen many rock concerts and a few Red Wing games also.

7. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

That's great MCG, thanks. Gets the juices flowing!

But I was there and it wasn't that quiet! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

32 more days until kickoff.