Trump's legacy

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Feb 16, 2017.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Like Ralphie, Dave's whining has pretty much wore me out on here as well. It's too much for me to hear a grown man snivel and whine daily like this. It's pathetic. I don't really want to be around it.

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

How many times did we see Obama answer a question by the press about events and his response was "I didn't know about it until I saw it on the news?" At least we know what he was doing between parties with Jayzee and Beyonce and doing his NCAA picks. Now of course Trump is criticized for watching TV news. I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/guess-how-obama-found-out-about-hilary-email-scandal

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

How many times did we see Obama answer a question by the press about events and his response was "I didn't know about it until I saw it on the news?" At least we know what he was doing between parties with Jayzee and Beyonce and doing his NCAA picks. Now of course Trump is criticized for watching TV news. I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/guess-how-obama-found-out-about-hilary-email-scandal

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

More Rita Ora please...

5. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Ask not Dave...
    Get on board pal or as George said, wipe your nose from under the bed.

6. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Ralph,

Breitbart.... the conservative right news source.... says sexual assault is up 70% and they blame immigrants! That's an incredible jump if it were true.

It's an outrageous increase..... if it were true.

But Breitbart and Fox News et. al. are the real "fake news" type outlets.

They are unbashedly slanted right wing in your face outlets.

The Swedes deny that the above 70% statement is true from several sources.

George it's not whining.... it's reaction to a daily onslaught of Trump reports of his foibles, verbal gaffes and awkward statesmanship.

7. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Dave and the Chicago Tribune and the Toronto Globe are bastions of how to march left and only left so I can't buy their print either..

Beyond this, you have evaded my Rita Ora screen shot. What's your comments on the Swedish government controlling what the public is allowed to read??

And if we can't agree on a news source or govt censorship I lay my last offering at your feet to watch and consider, via Sweden no less..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=y1_viPSD-bY

8. Motorcity Gator

As long as someone on the right.... or left continues to feed the flames of "only our preferred news resources tell the truth" while theirs on the other side do nothing but lie we will never agree in this country again.

I know there are leftist pubs that put out far left crap and I don't believe it or like it one bit. Same goes for the same **** from the right.

The difference is that the right seems to believe that THE ONLY believeable news source is that which espouses a right-wing conservative philosophy and Trump leads the bandwagon on that.

I however continue to believe in mainstream media upholding their journalistic creed and the mantra of integrity based on truth in reporting that they have been bound to do for a hundred years or more.

If I am on an island with that here on this board then we will never come to any agreement on anything,

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

That last post is absolutely the most ridiculous...RIDICULOUS.....thought process I have heard you spew yet Dave...do you even lnow where you stand sir? Honestly...your post was a blanket over everything. Wow.

10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Dave's a big fan of Brian Williams and Dan Rather.

11. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

#Istandwithrita

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3273659/Rita-Ora-shows-pert-cleavage-sculpted-torso-strips-racy-undergarments-lingerie-campaign.html

12. Motorcity Gator

If Dan Rather is doing an interview backed by a slanted agenda his interview means squat to me..... and that taints what I perceive from him in the future.

But Rather's interview isn't the main cog in factual reporting for the major news soutce he represented.... not anymore anyway as he was basically forced out at CBS due to his reporting with a possible "agenda".

Now Rita Ora..... there's something I can hang my hat(s) on! :p

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It seems like the only ones we can trust these days is the weather forecaster.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePG6zUYvUZg

14. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Bobda to the rescue!

15. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Gipper!!

I'd build a wall alright...right around me and her.

16. Motorcity Gator

Sorry to bring this topic back to a degree of seriousness but here is an excerpt from an article in the New Yorker magazine:

"After a month in office, Donald Trump has already proved himself unable to discharge his duties. The disability isn’t laziness or inattention. It expresses itself in paranoid rants, non-stop feuds carried out in public, and impulsive acts that can only damage his government and himself. Last week, at a White House press conference, the President behaved like the unhinged leader of an unstable and barely democratic republic. He rambled for nearly an hour and a half, on script and off; he flung insults at reporters; he announced that he was having fun; and he congratulated himself so many times and in such preposterous terms (“this Administration is running like a fine-tuned machine”) that the White House press corps could only stare in amazement. The gaudy gold drapery of the East Room contributed to the impression that at any moment Trump might declare himself President for Life, and a flunky would appear from behind the curtain to pin the Medal of National Greatness on his suit jacket, while, backstage, officials and generals discussed his overthrow. Trump experienced such a deep need to get back on top by lashing out that he apparently overrode the objections of his advisers, felt much better afterward, then prepared to go to Florida to sustain his high at the first rally of his reëlection campaign."

This is the kind of perception that The Donald is creating for some. I hope that Trump is able to "debunk" any of this kind of conjecture with his future competency. Here is what I found in Wikipedia by the way about The New Yorker:
    " It is well known for its illustrated and often topical covers, its commentaries on popular culture and eccentric Americana, its attention to modern fiction by the inclusion of short stories and literary reviews, its rigorous fact checking and copyediting, its journalism on politics and social issues, and its single-panel cartoons sprinkled throughout each issue"

17. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Quote from the Factor:

The Founding Fathers gave the press specific freedoms so that we can tell you how people in power are behaving. But when the press aligns itself with a political movement, then it is no longer objective or free. Some believe the Fox News Channel is not fair and free, but I dispute that based on an analysis of our on-air personnel. We put forth both sides. I don't have an agenda other than giving an honest presentation. If the American press wants to regain respect, it has to ditch its outwardly leftward bent."

18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

The need behind the need:

"23-year-old Daniel Ramirez Medina, arrested by ICE earlier this month in a Seattle suburb, says he is being brutalized by the Trump administration. Mr. Ramirez-Medina came here at age seven, the son of an illegal alien criminal named Antonio Ramirez-Polendo, who spent a year in a Washington state prison for felony drug trafficking. In the ICE raid, he was picked up, along with his son, but get this: Ramirez-Polendo has been deported eight times yet still was residing outside of Seattle. Would you want someone in your neighborhood deported eight times?

No...I wouldn't.

19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I wouldn't read a work in the New Yorker after their pre election rants. When are the assholes on the left going to realize that they lost the election and Trump will be president for the next four years no matter how many hatchet jobs they write? It only riles up the mentally infirm who opposed him from the beginning.

20. Motorcity Gator

That someone can defend Fox News as not having bias either way is so laughable.... it's hard to believe that anyone could actually believe that.