Trump's legacy

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

That certainly is one possibility. I would hope for that outcome.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I'm in Miami on business and when I walked through the Marriott lobby where I am staying I had to walk through and past a French airlines crowd of pilots and stewardesses and as I walked by I actually felt embarrassed for what is going on right now.

When Trump is asked by the media to prove them wrong all he can do is propose more lies and ******** or he defers to the people that handed him the inaccuracies and says he's just repeating it.

He treats the media like a communist dictator would. If you say good things about him you're good. Say bad things no matter how accurate you're fake... a liar.... bad for the American people.

3. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

No he treats the media like urine in the toilet which is much more than they deserve, come on the stench is atrocious, both right and left media have proven they are either vindictive or sold out to agendas.

Accept it the public has zero respect for the agenda being spewed out there these days. http://truthfeed.com/breaking-cbs-news-anchor-says-mainstream-media-ruined-its-own-reputation/52378/

Do I agree with George and say leave the social media alone, yes. Is this the cure for what has gone on for years, no, not necessarily.

But it does make them squirm and yearn for the old days of agenda control, yes it does.

I would say the liars are those who continue to disrespect the Americans who voted for Trump as they seek change from the oligarchs who have controlled for 50 years.

As an example my 25 year old is currently at the Trump rally in Melbourne and CNN is reporting only a 100 people are attending the rally. Meanwhile I am looking at thousands attending the rally via YouTube and my sons pictures

4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Ralph, for the record, I was listening to CNN in my vehicle, and they reported 100 people attending the protest outside the hangar.

5. RECcane

Sid I was "watching" CNN and know what I heard and viewed across the ticker. The protest wasn't given much thought at the time I was watching.

I'm not sure anyone will believe me or not but I will gladly and honestly share what my son experienced while attending the rally.

He asked me to go with him but a 5 hr roundtrip after working the past 70 wasn't very interesting to me...

6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Interesting. CNN is a simulcast. I don't question what you saw. I didn't see the bottom crawler on the TV screen but when I got home it was obvious on TV that there were thousands in attendance. Sounds like a typo. Wouldn't be the first time.

7. RECcane

Sid as it's no big thing and I respect what you say much more than CNN, I believe you. I wasn't cognitive enough to pay attention to check it a second time.

At the end of the day I hope our current president does what he says (and he has up to this point) but I hope he shuts down the social networking and acts a bit more presidential. My son would totally disagree with that and say this is part of the change that is needed along with the growing pains. But I regardless of how some take me want moderation and a working environment in our country.

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I can't believe that after the polls leading up to our last election and the actual results, that ANYONE pays any attention to and believes the results of polls about Trump. Ah well as Lincoln said "you can fool some of the people all of the time...."
    As to Trump and social media, while I don't agree with some of his subjects he posts on, it does allow him to reach the people without his words being filtered by the biased dishonest main stream media. Perhaps more than anything else this really pisses them off.
    The media continues to publish completely false reports. The more they pull that crap the more they lose credibility with those that voted for Trump. Of course some buy every lie. But them as Lincoln said....

9. Motorcity Gator

I didn't see any polls that predicted an electoral college win only for Trump. I certainly didn't see any polls that predicted THE biggest electoral rout since Ronald Reagan!! Lol

I did see a sign outside a British pub that said "Americans must be accompanied by an adult"

LMAO

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

So you're embarrased for the french, and laugh with the British all before your allegiance to your country, constitution, and President?

11. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Dave, you should probably crawl under your bed and hide. This is all too much for your snowflake ego.

12. Motorcity Gator

This president so far is laughable.

He will have to earn my allegiance.

Holding rallies driven by his incessant narcisism only 4 weeks after assuming office doesn't earn my allegiance.... it earns more laughs abroad.

So far almost everything he does resembles those acts by autocratic dictators throughout world history. Listen a bit to John McCain and people like that who are concerned about our democratic process under assault by the preening Trump.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/germanys-merkel-backs-free-press-amid-trump-media-45578570

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mccain-idUSKBN15Y07R

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

How quick they forget. Obama from the very beginning was traveling around the country doing fundraising. That is speaking in front of crowds that were there to contribute and of course were favorable to him. Listen to Trump speak and see how few times he uses the word "i" as compared to Obama. Obama was the real narcissist.

14. Motorcity Gator

Ok... going forward we should all hope that Trump is not making bold statements about events in other nations around the world based on what he sees on Fox News:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/19/politics/trump-rally-sweden/index.html

None of you thinks that is a bit ridiculous given his position as President and his access to real information from inside his administration with regard to accuracy?

This guy needs to get off the tube and social media and start making policy based on presidential resources which should be far and above those of Fox News in terms of accuracy and timing.

15. RECcane

I'm approaching burnout in forum politics so I'll be brief. Wether you agree or disagree with the president in his approach to highlight a topic he is always making a point that will be validated at some point.

The Sweden comment was made because it has become the "rape capital" of the western world since the influx of refugees. Now when any interested warm body with an IQ over 50 goes to Google and types in Sweden they are going to read and say oh my gosh look at the problems they are having with the sexual assaults on their woman and children.

This is what he is bringing to light. Why is he doing it this way well its because the left leaning media refuses to report it less they offend. So in his nonchalant commentary while talking to his supporters at a rally he mentions it off the cuff. Oh the flailing and ridicule from the anti-trumpers is something fierce but he gets his message out despite the lack of coverage on the story.

16. Motorcity Gator

This is the kind of legacy Trump is building so far:

"Members of Parliament will spend up to three hours discussing a petition calling for the visit to be downgraded because of Trump's "well-documented misogyny and vulgarity"

That the British would even debate such an issue regarding a sitting American president is unheard of in modern times.

And yet... Trump will turn it around with an argumentative retort I'm certain instead of offering a modest and concerned answer. The British Press is probably lying anyway..... LOL.

17. Motorcity Gator

I googled Trump Refugees Sweden Rapes and here is the first article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/ct-trump-sweden-huppke-20170220-story.html

First of all Trump says "non-chalantly" that it happened in Sweden "last night".... and the Swedes want to know what he has been smoking.

"Fox News host Tucker Carlson interviewed a filmmaker who claims that refugees in Sweden have led to a "surge in gun violence and rape."

That doesn't align with actual crime statistics in Sweden, and the idea of a dramatic increase in rapes because of refugees has been debunked. Sweden does have a high rate of rape, but that is attributed to a broader legal definition of rape and a higher rate of reporting among women compared with other countries."

18. RECcane

Show me the data Dave, show me how it has all been debunked and a figment of the imagination...

Official Data: Sexual Assault Jumps by 70 Per Cent in Sweden
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/01/11/official-data-sexual-assault-70-per-cent-sweden/

Sweden So Violent, Migrants Consider Moving Back To War-Zone Homelands
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/23/sweden-violent-somali-moving-back/

Rape and Violence Are on the Rise in Sweden
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443073/rape-violence-sweden-immigration-refugees-ami-horowitz-video

3 Men Gang-Rape Young Woman in Sweden, Broadcast It Live on Facebook
    https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/01/26/3-men-gang-rape-young-woman-in-sweden-broadcast-it-live-on-facebook/
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/01/18/sweden-blocks-data-crime-immigration/

19. Motorcity Gator

Ralph,

I generally like discussing these Trump and other political issues with you but your last post reeks of Gipperisms.

All of your links seem to be coming from decidedly conservative online publications.

In repsonse I give you this from the Toronto Globe and Mail ( Toronto's main newspaper ) that published last May :

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/swedens-rape-crisis-isnt-what-it-seems/article30019623/

Why does it always have to be these right wing conservative rags or Fox News with a slant that you guys use for substantiation?

"Behind it you’ll find the resurrection of an old, deadly appeal to fear – that people of certain skin colours are natural-born predators who threaten white women. It’s a version of lynch-mob logic that happens to appeal to the liberal and tolerant as much as the hateful and intolerant.

And it falls apart as soon as you speak to anyone knowledgeable in Sweden.

“What we’re hearing is a very, very extreme exaggeration based on a few isolated events, and the claim that it’s related to immigration is more or less not true at all,” says Jerzy Sarnecki, a criminologist at Stockholm University who has devoted his career to the study of criminality, ethnicity and age.

Sweden does indeed have far more reported cases of sexual assault than any other country. But it’s not because Swedes – of any colour – are very criminal. It’s because they’re very feminist. In 2005, Sweden’s Social Democratic government introduced a new sex-crime law with the world’s most expansive definition of rape."

20. RECcane

Okay let's assume everything concerning rape is a lie in Sweden, it's a figment of the alt-right and the president has offended the citizens of that country.

If that's the case why is the government controlling what their citizens are looking at on the internet. Examples below are three screen shots and the help of an app that enables you to change your IP address.

Screen shot one is another forum where the person notices a change in his news feed when he swaps his IP address.

Screen shot two is the feed as we would see it showing the murder of a social worker by immigrants.

Screen shot three is how his page loads up when he puts in the IP address from Sweden.

If the idea of an increase in rapes is false or debunked why is the govt of Sweden taking the extraordinary effort to control any news concerning immigrants.??

Basically it's saying that if you're in Sweden you can't access the article about the rapes in Sweden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]