Trump the con man

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

So most of you like me pay more than our fair share of taxes.... an inescapable part of being an American citizen unless you scam the whole responsibility like King Donald:

"In 2016 and 2017 each, Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes -- far less than many Americans who are working hard amid a deep recession to stay afloat. Trump took huge deductions -- including $70,000 to take care of his hair -- and also appeared to write off hundreds of thousands of dollars paying his daughter Ivanka as a consultant to the Trump Organization, according to the Times report. The story also reveals the extent to which Trump's status as President is being used to shore up his losing ventures — for example his hotel in Washington, DC, and his golf resorts.
    View Trump and Biden head-to-head polling
    "This is a con man in the White House," presidential historian Douglas Brinkley told CNN Sunday, referring to a President who shattered convention by refusing to release his tax records to the public while running for office."

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

In 2017 Trump was President. He gave up his position with Trump enterprises and took no salary as President. What did historian Brinkley say about Obama hiding his college records? Oh...crickets.
    Oh yeah, the NY Times is full of ****.
    HAH! NY Times PAID NO TAXES in 2014 - Hypocrites Get BUSTED!

3. Motorcity Gator

"What did historian Brinkley say about Obama hiding his college records?"

LOL I was waiting for your deflective response.....

4. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"Shatterd convention" ********, Obama shattered it when he decided he didn't want folks looking at records of his past. And speaking of "deflective responses" you completely ducked a question I posed on Sat. You don't deflect you flat out duck.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  6. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

7. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

If I could legally use the tax code to avoid paying taxes, even $750 I would do it. Would you Dave?

8. Motorcity Gator

I don't believe he has legally used the tax code and neither does he Terry. I have surmised it's the driving force behind his zeal to be re-elected. A sitting president cannot be prosecuted as I understand it.
    From Bobda's article:
    There’s a lot to consider. For example, Trump appears to have had his daughter Ivanka serve as a “consultant” for his real estate firm, at the same time that she was working as an employee of the firm. Donald Trump wrote off $26 million in “unexplained” consulting fees from 2010 to 2018, according to the Times. “If the payments to his daughter were compensation for work, it’s not clear why [Donald] Trump would do it in this form,” the Times says, “other than to reduce his own tax liability. Another, more legally perilous possibility is that the fees were a way to transfer assets to his children without incurring a gift tax.”
    The Times also details extravagant expenses—including over $70,000 of hair styling charges—written off as business costs. The Trump Corporation, a business owned 100% by Donald Trump, wrote off the fees paid to Alan Futerfas, an attorney that represented Donald Trump Jr. in the Russia probe, according to the newspaper. In another questionable move, Trump labeled his mansion in Bedford, New York as an investment property, paving the way for him to write off $2.2 million of property taxes, according to the Times.

The question is..... can a sitting president pardon himself in advance?

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Can't wait for tomorrows Daily Dose of Dung. Perhaps the media should read the story of the Little Boy who Cried Wolf. Every day is a new trivial "blockbuster."

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I'll consider the fact that he's doing the hardest (and most underpaid) job in the universe for free, as all debts/taxes paid in full. BTW Dave, just another attempt by the left, take the blinders off Sparky.

11. Motorcity Gator

"trivial "blockbuster." This tax evading news is trivial?
    70,000.00 hair styling deduction given to his lawyer? He cuts hair?
    And millions given to his daughter for consulting?
    Taxes have been busting my ass for the past 30 years especially during years when I made just enough money to have no deductions to save me because I had to pay the AMT.... alternative minimum tax.

This guy just doesn't pay taxes period. And you guys defend him.

Why am I not surprised.

AJ why don't we make King Donald keep his 400k salary and then pay the hundreds of millions he rightfully owes in taxes. I think we taxpayers may fare just a little bit better with that scenario.

12. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I found this special for you MCG.

upload_2020-9-28_18-19-5.gif

13. Motorcity Gator

And the ******** is Bill? I realize that you have always been a hear no evil see no evil kind of guy when it comes to your King Donald but don't you think this is impossible to ignore even for you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Terry O'Keefe

Dave of course didn't answer my simple question

15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

There's a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. For instance if one started a charitable foundation and traveled the world first class, hired one's daughter at a large salary and in the end only gave 5% to actual charities, that would be tax evasion. If the source of your donations was influence buying by foreign nationals that would be worse.
    When the economy crashed in 2008 many in real estate had large losses which they carried forward over many years. Additionally those involved in real estate are allowed by our tax code (written by Pelosi, Nadler, Watts, Schiff and the rest of the House) to depreciate their assets resulting in write offs against income. The NY Times knows all about these things because they didn't pay any taxes in 2014 yet they failed to explain that to the uninformed pathetic TDS sufferers who they pander to.
    If you're concerned about folks who break the law, understand that tax returns are confidential and disclosing them without legal authority is a crime. No outrage?
    For years we've been hearing that the returns would prove that Trump has been financed by Russia. Total media ********.
    I prefer a candidate that is smart enough to not pay more taxes than he should. I guess others prefer idiots.

16. Motorcity Gator

And a huge question remains.... who is it that Trump owes so much money to?

17. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

18. Terry O'Keefe

Somebody posted on another board that his NYC real estate which does have a large number owed on is not over leveraged. They are all worth considerably more than the debt they are carrying.

19. Motorcity Gator

The rest of us would be going to jail for income tax fraud if we did this:

"Ms. Trump had been an executive officer of the Trump companies that received profits from and paid the consulting fees for both projects — meaning she appears to have been treated as a consultant on the same hotel deals that she helped manage as part of her job at her father's business.
    "
    So consider what we know, according to the Times reporting.
    1) In at least two deals -- hotels in Hawaii and Vancouver, Ivanka Trump appears to have double-dipped -- serving as both a project manager in her official capacity as a senior staffer for her father's company and as a "consultant" to those same projects.
    2) In those deals, Ivanka Trump's apparent categorization as a "consultant" allowed her father to write off three-quarters of a million dollars. (The IRS allows "consulting fees" to be written off as business expenses.)
    And the other recipients of his "consulting fees" totaling over 25 million dollars are not listed by name so in light of how he deducted the fees for double paying his daughter those others appear to be dubious as well until further identified.
    I wonder how a hotel desk clerk in one of Trump's hotels feels about paying thousands of dollars more in federal taxes in the same time frame that Trump paid only 750.00

20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

First of all I assume Ivanka reported her payments as income and taxes were paid. Apparently you have a problem with a daughter working for her father but no problem with the son of a vice President being paid hundreds of thousands by a foreign energy corporation and millions by the Chinese government. Typical of someone with TDS.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1