Trump prepared to tear the country apart

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Jul 21, 2020.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Many GOP leaders have turned on Donald Trump because of his divisiveness and his failure to lead.
    Here is GOP ex Ohio Gov. John Kasisch who ran for president in 2016:
    Kasich headlined the section of the Democratic convention focused on convincing Republicans turned off by Trump to vote -- even reluctantly -- for a candidate that they may not wholeheartedly support.

“I’m a lifelong Republican, but that attachment holds second place to my responsibility to my country,” said Kasich, who ran for president as a Republican in 2016. “That’s why I’ve chosen to appear at this convention. In normal times, something like this would probably never happen, but these are not normal times.”
    Kasich said he was “proud” of his Republican heritage, but that Trump’s first term “belies those principles.”

3. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

4. Motorcity Gator

Daughter whose Trump supporting Dad died in June of Covid-19:
    "His only preexisting condition was trusting Donald Trump, and for that, he paid with his life."
    She concluded her remarks Monday evening by declaring "we need a leader who has a national, coordinated, data-driven response to stop this pandemic from claiming more lives and to safely reopen the country. We need a leader who will step in on day one and do his job, to care."
    "One of the last things that my father said to me was that he felt betrayed by the likes of Donald Trump," she continued.
    "And so, when I cast my vote for Joe Biden, I will do it for my dad."

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  5. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

That's touching. A fellow co-worker passed a couple of weeks ago that I was good friends with. He had severe breathing issues from years of smoking, and had a Covid type fatal heart attack. At his funeral, his daughter said his last words were, "KAGA".

6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I've got to laugh at Dave calling Trump "crooked." Has there been anyone investigate as often and as long as Trump? And still they've found nothing. Hey Dave remember when the Dems in the House tried to Impeach Trump for a quid pro quo? Here's what a REAL quid pro quo looks like

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

AMEN Brother Gipper!

8. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Amen Gipper.

9. Motorcity Gator

KAGA..... 100,000 businesses in the U.S. have been permanently closed since March 2020.

Nice goin..... by all means let's KAGA with Trump.

10. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

You are kidding me! Are you for shutdowns and ripping the economy apart or are you now coming out against the economic shutdown? This virus is affecting the whole fricking world and you want to blame Trump both for NOT enough action and also for TOO MUCH action. It's not the virus that's killing our economy...it's all the shutdowns. I can understand where folks are coming from who want to stay safe and fight the virus...and I can understand where folks are coming from who want to open the economy up as much as can be done relatively safely...but you I cannot understand (except yeah, I know it's all Bush's fault...oops, I mean Trump's). Please tell us your solution to minimizing the virus without roughing up the economy.

11. Motorcity Gator

Businesses are permanently closing because they have not been able to withstand the extended duration of closures and/or lack of patrons for the ongoing pandemic that Trump has been very poor at handling from the executive level.
    He would get a lot more slack and understanding if the perception was that he did everything he could without politicizing everything about it.... but that's what he did and continues to do and so the perception remains that he comes up very short in how he has handled Covid-19 with regard to restarting the economy. Mitigating and suppressing the virus has not been very high on his list from the start with his "it is what it is" attitude.

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Millions of Americans are hurting and need help. Pelosi and her House are on vacation again. No urgency as far as they are concerned, but wait! They're going to come back for the Postal Service. When the small businesses are in trouble screw 'em, they're probably Republicans, but our Democratic postal workers, well, we gotta do something.

13. Motorcity Gator

It's the timing and political agenda of Trump and his appointed henchman LeJoy with regard to tampering with mail-in ballots that has Pelosi and company as well as most Americans including Republican lawmakers up in arms over his actions.... not necessarily that there are postal budget cuts occurring normally.
    It looks like LeJoy had better bring his data analysis, charts, graphs and whatever else ass saving information he has in a few days:
    Postmaster general to appear before Senate over mail delays

14. Stu Ryckman

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...tal-service/&usg=AOvVaw2JXId1XP43CpVgkEI6M1hA

You may need to be a subscriber to read the column...so some pull quotes;

"Given these challenges, it shouldn't be surprising that the new postmaster general, Louis DeJoy, has a mandate to turn the ship around and is pursuing significant changes to achieve it. But the USPS has very strong unions, and any change in operations that will achieve savings and generate new revenue will almost certainly result in lower overtime and fewer employees.

That means the solidly Democratic unions have every incentive to fight back — and they are using the election as their lever to force a system-wide bailout.

The Democratic House leadership has been happy to oblige. It tried to force a massive bailout through the Cares Act in the spring and has again included a $25 billion bailout in the Heroes Act it passed earlier this summer. The USPS says it does not need additional funding to handle the expected uptick in mail-in balloting; even if it's wrong, it surely does not need $25 billion to handle what is no more than an additional couple of percentage points of mail than it normally handles in the fall months."

"This aid — and this hullaballoo — are about keeping the Post Office afloat without asking it to improve its business practices, not protecting the integrity of the presidential election.

The USPS's letter last week to 46 states warning of potential delays in meeting state-imposed ballot delivery deadlines is simply a reality check, not a sign that DeJoy's changes are disrupting the election."

"The USPS ''scandal'' isn't an attempt to steal an election for Trump. The real scandal is the effort to raise these fears to help political friends. Both parties should work together now and implement the real changes needed to ensure that our election proceeds fairly and on time — and that Americans get the mail service they need at a price they can afford."

15. Motorcity Gator

From an interview with Fox News 6 days ago when Trump and Lejoy had not reversed the budget cut decision as yet which they now have done because of the uproar:
    “They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can’t do it, I guess,” Trump said. “Are they going to do it even if they don’t have the money?”
    He added: “But therefore they don’t have it. They don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in votes.”
    And: “Therefore, they can’t do the universal mail-in vote. It’s very simple. How are they going to do it if they don’t have the money to do it?”

They will have to answer to Congress now on the motivation and agenda behind the timing of these postal cuts. Should be interesting to hear their excuses.

16. Stu Ryckman

He has offered them some money. Certainly enough for the ballots. The Dems insist on all the other pork that they KNOW Reps can’t accept. They don’t want solutions. They want stalemate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The same morons who thought Hillary was going to win in a landslide, that believed in the Russian collusion, that believed Mueller was going to charge Trump believe this latest ********. Lincoln was right, you can fool some of the people all of the time.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  18. Motorcity Gator

Speaking of morons...... a group that today Trump says he appreciates because they like him:
    "I have heard that it's gaining in popularity," Trump said, suggesting QAnon followers approved of how he'd handled social unrest in places like Portland, Oregon. "I've heard these are people that love our country and they just don't like seeing it."
    QAnon's prevailing conspiracy theories — none based in fact — claim dozens of Satan-worshipping politicians and A-list celebrities work in tandem with governments around the globe to engage in child sex abuse. Followers also believe there is a "deep state" effort to annihilate Trump.
    But followers of the group have expanded from those beliefs and now allege baseless theories surrounding mass shootings and elections. Followers have falsely claimed that 5G cellular networks are spreading the coronavirus.
    His comments reflected the highest-profile endorsement to date of the group, which has infiltrated Republican circles even as party leaders attempt to distance themselves.
    "I don't know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate," Trump said in the White House briefing room. The same way he appreciated the "good people" in that white supremacists group that murdered that poor girl in Charlottesville.

It was a striking nod to a group that has been likened to a virtual cult and has been labeled a potential domestic terrorist threat by the FBI.

19. Motorcity Gator

Looks like Trump will continue to thumb his nose at our Constitution and try to undermine our democracy:
    Reporter
    : "Is the President saying if he doesn't win this election that he will not accept the results unless he wins?"
    McEnany: "The President has always said he'll see what happens and make a determination in the aftermath."
    So I guess the subtle hinting that President Donald Trump reserves the right to take issue with a result in which he loses to former Vice President Joe Biden is pretty much over, then?
    McEnany's response is as clear as a day: If Trump loses, don't expect him to concede or admit he lost.

20. Stu Ryckman

You mean like the Dems for the last four years? He's having fun tweaking y'all.

This election is bound to be a farce whoever "wins"...there will be so many mail in ballots that they'll be counting (and recounting) for weeks...and verifying signatures...and trying to decide whether a box was checked or if that was just a coffee stain. Don't bother staying up late Nov 3 to see who wins.

• Agree Agree x 1