Trump Finally Steps Up

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Trump did astound me with that comment..... it was completely unexpected and it sure wouldn't make me feel more confident about reopening if I lived in Georgia.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Are you guys watching the same daily press briefing that I am?
    "The President did break with Georgia's Republican Gov. Brian Kemp, saying he "strongly disagrees" with aggressive plans to open businesses including hair salons on Friday as pro-Trump southern states look to ease stay-at-home orders.
    But his rebuke followed days of Trump all but goading southern conservative states to open up, even though many don't yet meet White House opening guidelines. And a source familiar with calls between Trump and Vice President Mike Pence and the Georgia governor said that both men expressed support and praise for Kemp's move to reopen businesses.
    Wednesday's show, orchestrated by Trump in his campaign style-briefing, is unlikely to ease fears amid Americans tiring of stay-at-home orders but wary of reemerging into normal life.
    It also exacerbated the consistent impression that the President's fast shifting positions are based more on hunches and his political requirements than a factual reading of the progression of the crisis that is far from abating.

• Dislike Dislike x 1