Trump Finally Steps Up

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Once again Dave speaks as if he knows more than jack-squat about anyone else in this country...
    Speak for yourself Dave. A LOT of us didn't need the all seeing government to tell us what to do.
    This isn't the plague, it's a Covid virus. They have been around a LONG time... and the steps to avoid them haven't changed.
    But a lot of folks... probably related to you, need their every step spelled out, so they can get through the day. Thank God for CNN and Nancy Pelosi to lay the truth and a plan at your feet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

This was posted by me in another topic:
    "Everyone stay diligent and safe.
    I picked up a new account about 10 days ago up in southern Wi. but when I spoke with him early last week he said he became sick over the weekend and felt like crap.... and he had a very ominous and audible rumbling deep cough as he spoke or tried to speak that I really haven't heard before.
    I just spoke to him this morning and he got out of the hospital yesterday.... 5 days later as his wife took him to the ER that night.
    He was diagnosed with Covid-19 and he is only 38 years old.
    And there is the kicker..... this damn thing is extremely virulent and contagious and sends many more people of all ages to the hospital even if it doesn't kill them."
    20 percent of those that get regular flu do not wind up in ICU for 5 days.

3. Motorcity Gator

So I was checking out Fox News.com to see if they too thought it was quite an outlandishly false statement by Trump yesterday that it was his decision alone as President whether or not states would reopen for business, etc etc.
    And Fox News really had not much of anything to say about that..... as I would expect.
    As soon as he said it I was pretty flabbergasted that he would make such an unconstitutional dictatorial remark and of course the press other than Fox News has been letting him have it over it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

it's surprising to hear you can recognize such, since just about everything that comes out of a democrat's mouth is covered in the above sentence...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It was just a week or so that all those asshole reporters in the press conferences were asking Trump what he was going to do about those states that had governors that hadn't completely shut down their states. Not one quested his authority to do so. But when the shoe is on the other foot.... they're such partisan shits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Motorcity Gator

I can imagine the uproar from Fox News and their white male viewers if the black man Obama had made such a statement.....the reaction would have been nuclear.

Hey Trump can announce all he wants how his decision and his alone is to "open up the country" again but he'll have to send in special ops to drag me and my wife out to a crowd somewhere....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"I can imagine the uproar from Fox News and their white male viewers if the black man Obama had made such a statement.....the reaction would have been nuclear."
    You mean like "I have a phone and I have a pen" meaning he didn't need Congress to govern. He usurped Congress's roll in determining immigration when he unilaterally gave status to dreamers and he funded without Congressional approval the failing Obamacare exchanges. I'm sure you didn't know that Dave, you're part of the uninformed that don't watch Fox News.

8. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

That was a great Angle you took there Gipper!

9. Motorcity Gator

3rd ranking GOP house member disagrees with Trump's decree:
    "GOP Rep. Liz Cheney, the third highest ranking House Republican, pushed back against a false claim by President Donald Trump that he has "total" authority to decide to lift restrictions governors have imposed amid the coronavirus pandemic.
    "The federal government does not have absolute power," Cheney, who serves as a member of House GOP leadership as Republican Conference chairwoman, tweeted on Monday evening, though she did not mention the President explicitly.
    The Wyoming Republican invoked the 10th Amendment to the Constitution in her tweet, saying, "'The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.' United States Constitution, Amendment X."

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

We're being herded Dave....

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Here's reality folks. The states are running out of money. No one's working, no one's paying taxes. The states are going to need money from the federal government and they might be more anxious to open than the President. They might be talking tough but they're in deep doo-doo and in the end, they'll meekly slink away.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

"Fox News and their white male viewers"
    In the last election, the majority of white WOMEN voted for Trump...

• Like Like x 2
  13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Dave watches the news with the losers of color.

14. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

gipper, please clarify. I am hopeful that your intended message wasn't the one I received.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

There is a part of our society that lives every day thinking that they are victims and that the sole cause of all their problems is the white man. Dave's description of the Fox News audience just parrots their beliefs. Fortunately most individuals that are not white males doesn't think that way but there are some that I call losers that wake up every day, look in the mirror and blame everything that happens to them on what they see in that moment.

16. Motorcity Gator

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

(Yawn)...she never said there were 18 prior Covid's. She was saying that it wasn't the first damn Coronavirus and wasn't gonna be the last. But ignore the message...concentrate on the inelegant wording. BTW...reports out tonight (not just conspiracy theories) that there is good evidence the fricking virus really did come from the Wuhan lab (probably inadvertently) and that China lied, destroyed data, covered it up, and the WHO might have been complicit in this. Worse yet they banned travel from Wuhan to other parts of China but allowed international flights to continue. Hey, but let's make fun of Kellyanne Conway...so much more relevant.

18. Motorcity Gator

This is Covid-19, not Covid-1, folks. You would think that people charged with the World Health Organization facts and figures would be on top of that. This is just a pause right now. So there is an investigation, examination to what happened. But people should know the facts."
    The message Conway is trying to spin here is clear: The WHO had 18 previous chances to tell the world about Covid-19 -- and didn't do a good job of it. Man, they must really stink! Or, are they, maybe, hiding things from America?!?!!?
    Except ... the reason the novel coronavirus is called Covid-19 is because it emerged in, well, 2019. As the WHO noted in in its February 11 Situation Report:
    "Following WHO best practices for naming of new human infectious diseases, which were developed in consultation and collaboration with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), WHO has named the disease Covid-19, short for 'coronavirus disease 2019.'"
    (Side note: The actual virus that causes Covid-19 is known as "severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 or SARS-CoV-2. "This name was chosen because the virus is genetically related to the coronavirus responsible for the SARS outbreak of 2003," explains the WHO. "While related, the two viruses are different.")

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Motorcity Gator

So Stu was she merely spinning a tall tale to make her boss look good regarding WHO?
    In any event Trump is spending two hours per day spinning his image.....defending it.... he has set it up to where he is saying that America should return to work backed up by many falsehoods and against medical advice but has begun to shift the resulting chaos and increased deaths to come by states prematurely adhering to that philosophy to how states "mismanaged" their own particular return timelines and procedures and how he has done "incredible things" for them to succeed in reopening.
    He has zero regard for the unnecessary deaths to come because politically he is setting himself up to shift blame for the failure away from himself.... a tactic that he is a master at.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  20. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

I'm done here...I just got mad and posted (and deleted) a blurb that wasn't putting out attempts to present facts and logical opinions...but was an expression of my anger and frustration and criticism of another Skyboxer. Time to leave this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1