TRUMP CHARGED....AGAIN.

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN, Aug 14, 2023.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Trump's horrendous behavior makes it easy to ignore these abnormalities and chalk up the events of that election night and the exaggerated vote count and simply assign "Trump hatred" as the cause or covid fatigue. I tend to look at things going on and ask why. Why do the Dems insist on open borders? Why do the Dems want to lower the voting age to 16? Why do the Dems want to allow non-citizens to vote? Why do the Dems fight against Voter I.D. ? Why do Dems want to do away with the Electoral College? Why do Dems want to give encarcerated felons voting privileges? To me, it all adds up to the same thing. So I am naturally skeptical of the entire voting process.

I do not share your fascination with the Pillow Guy nor should I be confused with him.

2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I'm just not a conspiracy theory kinda guy. I'm a .."in God we trust, everybody else needs evidence, management by fact" kinda guy, it is the fundamental basis of our justice system. The "pillow guy" was all about conspiracy theories, with no evidence. Like Giuliani, per Rusty Bowers - Speaker of the AZ house testimony under oath,

"Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers (R) on Tuesday said he repeatedly pressed Rudy Giuliani for proof of his claims of election fraud after the 2020 election, but added that Giuliani failed to produce any. “My recollection, he said, ‘We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence,’”

Lots of theories, great....without evidence, there is nothing. It pains me to say this but let's see how that has worked out for Rudy..... from at one time, one of the most admired men in the US, great wealth, a national hero to millions now a subject of international humiliation, a cartoon character that has lost his license to practice law, near bankruptcy and now he's going to jail.

Sorry, but forgive me if I leave the conspiracy theories to somebody else....

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. Sounds exactly like him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Wow, 4 outa 5 new posts are political on the Box. Interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. BuckeyeT

7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

The It'll be a "Perfect" examination then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

BT, I think Trump is hard wired to disregard any advice unless it is in accord with his thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. BuckeyeT

It will be something, of that I'm sure! My best guess is that as it is his most popular play, he's just blowing more smoke up the collective arse of his faithful, not unlike his most recent promise that quickly, shocking to absolutely no rational human, turned to naught.

"A Large, Complex, Detailed but Irrefutable REPORT on the Presidential Election Fraud which took place in Georgia is almost complete & will be presented by me at a major News Conference at 11:00 A.M. on Monday of next week in Bedminster, New Jersey," Trump wrote on his social media platform."

There is virtually no chance in hell that you're gonna see him on any witness stand quite simply because if he does, his already significant probability of going to jail would skyrocket

10. George Krebs

I watched a video of the aforementioned "Pillow Guy" during one of his many depositions. Unlike others on here I don't consider this guy an arch villain or national security threat. In fact, I don't consider him at all. But the government has decided to destroy him and they will likely succeed. They are slowly bleeding him to death and obviously enjoying it. Then I read another attributed quoted from a Justice Department attorney that they will financially ruin Rudy Giuliani before they are finished with him.

I don't care what your politics is or even what you think of me. But when you are alone with your thoughts ask yourself, honestly, if this is the America you want to leave behind.

11. BuckeyeT

Don't see it that way at all Krebsie. What happened to personal accountability? Bad decisions and foolhardy actions have consequences. In the case of both of them, it's their own stupidity and bad decisions that have ruined their reputation and led them to personal financial ruin. It wasn't the government that made false claims and conspiracy theory fairy tales and brought frivolous cases to court without a shred of merit and evidence and got him disbarred and indicted. It wasn't the government that slandered private citizens doing their public duty or a voting systems company that will likely result in $millions$ of civil judgements. It wasn't the government that put forth complete pablum and trumpeted it as evidence of election fraud, offered a $5 million reward to anybody to de-bunk it and then once it was de-bunked as sheer nonsense, is being to compelled to pony up the $5 million. It's not the government's fault they're stupid and hitched their wagon to a loser, drank his kool-aid and helped amplify his lies. Now, not unlike Fox to the tune of $900 million with more to come for their lies and stupidity, they are being held to account. You don't get a pass just because you're an idiot

MyPillow's Mike Lindell ordered to pay $5M in election data dispute

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. George Krebs

I didn't expect you to see it my way. You and I are polar opposites on this issue and on the subject of judicial equity in general when it comes to political figures. I am convinced that the Justice Dept is in the pocket of the Far left and I don't say that lightly or with any pride. Quite the opposite, I say it with fear.

13. BuckeyeT

My point George is that the government has nothing to do with the civil actions over which the "my pillow" guy is being taken to court either by the individual or the $1.3 Billion defamation action from Dominion nor the $5 million that he's being forced to pony up after another one of his stupid fairy tales was proven false. The government has nothing to do with Costco and Walmart - which is hardly in the pocket of the far left - dropping his product rather than alienate the rational elements of their customer base and resulted in vaporizing 70% of his revenue. All of that is solely because of his stupidity, making himself the face of his product, politicizing his company with his incessant ranting over conspiracy theory nonsense about which he had zero evidence which continues even after having been debunked at every turn and continues to divide and harm this country. If he doesn't want to go to court, get deposed and lose his fortune he shouldn't be in the business of of using his platform to spew defamatory bullsh!t and doing material harm to people and companies. In a civil society there is a price for that and he's finding out it can be very costly and the fact that he did not factor that into his calculus is not the government's fault.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Well looks like the left is indicted out for the moment. Amazing about the timing of all this. 4 different cases all begun in the same year, the one leading up to the presidential campaign. The NY one is the most troubling. While Trump haters point out that a NYC grand jury indicted Trump, lets look at prior review of the same facts stemming from the Stormy Daniels non disclosure agreement. Those matters were previously reviewed by the Justice Dept. the Federal Elections commission and the prior DA in NY. In all three cases it was determined not to bring an action. Enter the new NY DA who actually ran on a platform of "getting Trump." It's obvious from that alone that he lacks prosecutorial discretion to supervise any cases involving Trump since he's completely biased. As has been said before a prosecutor can get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich.
    But we've found out that the Grand Jury that was convened in Ga. also wanted to indict the wrapper and the soft drink. We've found out that they recommended the indictment of 38 individuals of which half we determined by the prosecutor to be "innocent." Included in their recommendations were Lindsey Grahm, Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue both prior Republican senators from GA. This story could have been written by John Grisham and intitled Runaway Grand Jury. The lesson is, when political partisans are given the opportunity to abuse their power against their opponents, they will abuse it. If it wasn't such a distraction and influence on the upcoming election it would almost be funny. What is, is that some think that this somehow reinforces their belief that the devil tried to overthrow the government. (Looking back, it could have been considered an effort to save the country from 4 years of misery and declint.)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

I've said several times over the years, there's some pretty smart cookies on this board.

16. BuckeyeT

Trump ally is first to plead guilty in Georgia elections case

"Former Republican bail bondsman Scott Hall, one of the 19 people charged alongside Donald Trump for conspiring to overturn the 2020 election results in the state of Georgia, entered into a plea agreement on Friday, becoming the first defendant to plead guilty in the sprawling criminal case"

It would seem the music has started and there are more defendants here than musical chairs, my guess is that there is gonna be a race to see who's the next to sing so as to not be left out. Not everybody is gonna get a deal. Tick, tick, tick....this can't be good news for the ex-President, right?

Counselor(s), educate us, what say you?

17. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

If Biden's innocent, then Trumps an Angel.

18. BuckeyeT

Rather like an elementary school teacher lecturing the wayward on appropriate class room behavior.

"Mr. Trump", you've been served, I believe the ball is in your court.....

“Mr. Trump is a criminal defendant. He is facing four felony charges. He is under the supervision of the criminal justice system and he must follow his conditions of release,” Chutkan said Monday during the hearing.

“He does not have the right to say and do exactly what he pleases. Do you agree with that?” she asked Trump attorney John Lauro, who responded: “100%.”

Trump 'does not have the right to say and do exactly what he pleases,' Judge Chutkan says, issuing gag order | CNN Politics

19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

You can't stop the Donald!... you can only detain him...and at 52%...he doesn't even need to leave the courtroom!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. George Krebs

Buckeye T is technically and legally correct. It is also clear that these various cases against Trump are orchestrated and synchronized to prevent him from another four years. The legal proceedings are moving at hyper=speed while investigations against others are slow-played or ignored. But he's a pop star and every ruling seems to energize his followers. The only way he's stopped is by the courts; that's how bad things are under Joe Biden.