TRUMP CHARGED....AGAIN.

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN, Aug 14, 2023.

1. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Krebsie, it's not hard to rationalize Bidens vote total at all. Those weren't 81 million votes for Biden, they were 81 million votes against Trump. If you ran against Trump you too would have gotten 80 million plus and been elected President. Just do me a favor and don't be the only one following the "pillow guy" if you do

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Trump lost because he was Trump and he'd made his bed with all the antics of his presidency. Democrats turned out in droves, they had also spent 4 years attacking everything Trump. Hell the PGA won't play an event at a Trump property. He only got elected in the 1st place because he ran against the most incompetent Presidential candidate in history IMHO. Heck after he was elected he put together a really good cabinet and pretty much all of them quit after working with him for 6 months or so.

Up until Covid he was in pretty good shape, even given all the non-presidential stuff like Tweeting at 2AM.

Trump, Hillary, and Bernie those were our choices...oh dios mios. then it was Biden and Trump...It made me long for the days of Bill Clinton.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

As I pointed out by the vote totals, Clinton and Obama were not in the same league as Joe Biden. Or Donald Trump for that matter. Nobody ever was.

4. BuckeyeT

Not only the Dems but he had largely alienated vast numbers of centrist Republicans, females, young voters and college-educated white males as well. Looking at the demographics of those voting for him in 2016, as I did, in comparison to 2020, I did not, tells the story. Those same trends have only accelerated since the coup attempt and evidence of his betrayal have become public

5. BuckeyeT

Consider this possibility....there is a case to be made that he might be ineligible independent of his criminal cases. There are many voices picking up the chorus daily, lefties and righties. My guess is that there is a high probability that this becomes a material election issue as we go forward. It's not difficult to envision a Cali or NE liberal state legislature or all of them taking action to keep Trump off their state ballot. Gonna get spicy....

"Forget the Trump trials. He might already be ineligible for 2024" says Edward B. Foley. Foley holds the Ebersold Chair in Constitutional Law at Ohio State University, where he heads the university’s election law program

The 14th Amendment

"The former president’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, and the resulting attack on the U.S. Capitol, place him squarely within the ambit of the disqualification clause, and he is therefore ineligible to serve as president ever again." says J. Michael Luttig and Laurence H. Tribe. One a U.S. Court of Appeals judge, the other as a professor of constitutional law

The Constitution Prohibits Trump From Ever Being President Again

Get your popcorn ready, this sh!t show is coming to a venue near you....smh

6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

SMFH...we heard the speech, the crowd was already there.

7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Any chance we can get Demtia Joe to not keep stepping on the constitution like Barry and company have.

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So 4 indictments isn't enough. They keep trying to find ways to stop the American people from choosing their president as they of course "save our democracy."

9. BuckeyeT

The "They" in this case is not some lefty nutjobs but rather 2 conservative legal scholars from the Federalist Society with originalist leanings similar to the SCOTUS conservatives. Constitution can be a very pesky thing....

"...the case is not even close”: The former president, the Republican Party’s front-runner, is disqualified under a provision of the post-Civil War 14th Amendment that bars from state and federal office those who, having previously taken an oath of office to support the Constitution, participate in an insurrection or give support to insurrectionists."

Column: Two conservative scholars say the case isn't close — the Constitution bars Trump from running again

That he at least gave "aid and comfort" and therefore disqualified himself has been well-established by his own words and deeds, it seems clear the SCOTUS is going to decide who's on the ballot. His self-inflicted woundings continue to mount..,,

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Blah blah blah...******* blah...Better wake up folks. The Constitution, Societal Norms (as WE know the way they should be), and THE AMERICAN WAY OF DOING THINGS, are being phased out...before our eyes. Get a clue folks before Animal Farm and 1984 become reality. AND BTW, before those literature classics were written, our forefathers penned warnings of what they we're trying to prevent. AMAZING documents...once again written by candlelight....Post Cards to the Future as a matter of fact. They're still available if you need refresher training.

11. George Krebs

The incredible thing about this thread is that everyone who has posted here is correct in their observations. I really can't argue with anything any of you have said and I don't think any of you can discount what I have said offhand.
    This is where we find ourselves today. Having to choose between two totally flawed candidates. No one with any common sense should vote for either.
    But as bad as these two frontrunners are, the bigger problem and the clear and present danger to our democratic republic is the obvious political weaponization of the Justice Dept against the American people. mark my words, if this nation continues on its rapid pace towards anarchy and tolalitarianism, remember it started with the weaponization of the Justice Dept and all of it components.

12. BuckeyeT

I agree with much of what you say Krebsie. I can also agree that there have been some prosecutorial actions that were overly politicized. That said, I for one don't believe for a minute that any rational, reasonably objective observer, after having heard the testimony, seen the evidence or read the indictment would not agree that the indictments were warranted in the documents case or either of the election interference cases - both Jan 6 and Georgia. The evidence is overwhelming and that which is most damning comes from his own mouth or first hand from those closest to him, not some lefty political operatives. For any prosecutor to choose NOT to empanel a grand jury in the face of such evidence is truly a society where there is no rule of law and our society as we know it, has ceased to exist. The evidence speaks for itself. If indeed they're purely political fabrications, the evidence will not stand, the indictments not forthcoming, the charges thrown out or the defendant will be found not guilty. The evidence is all that matters, if the evidence stands, it's not political, it's the law.

13. BuckeyeT

Husker, you speak of the Constitution, the writings of our forefathers and their warnings, your words dripping with irony. Here is that document that supersedes all others and forms the legal foundation and basis for precisely that what you speak of, "The American Way....". The Constitution of the United States of America, The 14th Amendment, Section 3 reads as follows:

Section 3.
    No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

This we know:

- Based upon the evidence presented and testimony provided, the events of Jan 6 were found to be an insurrection, in fact. Three separate groups of men, in three different proceedings were convicted by three separate juries of Seditious Conspiracy, to "oppose by force the lawful transfer of Presidential power." Sedition + Force = Insurrection

This is precisely what our forefathers warned us about and in their genius gave us the tools with which to address it therefore it then is our duty to use them in the manner they intended. Their words are very clear in this matter. The evidence by his words and deeds and indeed their testimony will clearly indicate that at minimum, he provided aid and comfort to the insurrectionists. It's clear that in the view of and guidance provided by our forefathers, Donald J. Trump is not qualified to hold office, not by the acts of some leftist prosecutorial over reach but by his own words and deeds.

Keep in mind, while I do agree with this analysis, this isn't my interpretation or that of some radical left street corner lawyer in the Soros ecosystem. It is the view of a conservative judge and 2 conservative constitutional scholars from the Federalist Society, whose views and interpretation of the Constitution matches closely that of the conservative justices on SCOTUS. If they say he's got a problem here, he's got a problem here.....

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  14. BuckeyeT

TOK has said it best and put it very simply....everybody, everywhere is blaming somebody else for their trouble. The concept of personal accountability has become lost. It's like my kids always used to point fingers and tell me why it wasn't their fault, ever, for any transgression of any sort. Everybody is giving this guy a pass and blaming others for years of egregious behavior and the betrayal of his people purely for transparent, partisan reasons. Nonsense, he has nobody to blame for his problems but himself, nobody

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. George Krebs

Something has been nagging me about this statement. I know what it is now. Where did those 81 million votes come from?

16. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

It's not just the Justice Dept... its the IRS, the ATF and even the FDA. Now they are all armed?
    Can someone explain that one to me?
    We really need SOMEONE who will come in and FORCE Congress to greatly diminish the Alphabet Departments.
    Those Bureaucratic Fiefdoms and their ability to make laws from air are the greatest threat to the Republic...

• Like Like x 1
  17. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

So you've already found him guilty.

********. They moved faster in the first 3 months of Trumps term to try and impeach him....took 2 1/2 years to charge him this time. Gave 'em plenty of time to frost this turd this go around. Gotta find him guilty Buck T....or it's (once again) all BS.

18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

The greatest threat is the ****** up administration staffing it and enabling it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BuckeyeT

Hello Mods!? I think Krebsie's account has been hacked by the "Pillow Guy" !

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. George Krebs

I'll focus my question for you so it will be easier to answer. I think the prevailing theory that you are alluding to is that many Republicans voted against Trump because they disliked him because of his many unlikeable character traits. I think that logic is flawed because Trump, in the same election, had the second most votes in history, five million more than the previous record holder, Barack Obama.
    So it's pretty clear that Trump did not suffer much if any leakage from the GOP side. So where did an additional 12 million votes come from?

Blacks? Women? 18-25 year olds? Gender conflicted? Foreigners who are here illegally? Enter your own options....

• Winner Winner x 1