The Supreme's have spoken

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Terry O'Keefe, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

and they did so unanimously, not along "party" lines. Trump can not be kicked off the Colorado ballot. It will mean that no other state can do the same. I'm certainly glad that it was a unanimous as it avoids the cries of it was the 'Trump' appointed court, even the democrats on the court voted to give Trump a big victory.

Live updates: Supreme Court opinion on the Trump 14th Amendment ballot case

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Not surprised at the decision as they spoke to the concern over "patchwork" of state decisions, but aren't states the responsible party for administering elections and isn't that the essence of state's rights and a key feature of the republic as the Founders envisioned? Need our resident legal scholars to weigh in on that one. That said, I'm glad it was unanimous as well....there is more on the way.

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And the party which consistantly claims that democracy is at risk was prevented from another wound to our country. The whole concerted LAWFARE against Trump is beginning to crack apart. The Georgia case is just a complete farce run by two perjurers who werent' just content with making political hay but they had to profit from it also. Meanwhile appellate delays have put the planned before election trial dates of other cases in jeopardy. One wonders if they can't be had before the election if they will even continue. After all, it has never been about justice, it's always been about election interference.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. BuckeyeT

Are you talking about the same Georgia case wherein 3 of Trump's closest campaign attorneys have already plead guilty to election fraud, conspiracy to file false election documents and have implicated Trump directly in their testimony? That Georgia case? That ain't a farce where I come from Gip, that's called a conviction and election fraud by any reasonable standard. That there was election fraud is no longer at issue, that's now a matter of fact, confessed to by several of the perps themselves. The question now is, is Trump gonna go down and does Rudy cave or go to prison and for how long.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which defendant you're referrint to. Two plead guilty to conspiracy to intentionally interfer with the performance of election duties. That's certainly not election fraud. Where I come from that's pleading to minor charges that avoid jail and keep from being railroaded by jurors like the forman of the grand jury that wanted to indict every Republican that ever set foot in Ga. One of the defendants plead guilty to aiding and abbetting false statements. Funny, running the shitshow down there is Fanni Willis who just finished giving false staements under oath about her relationship with prosecutor Nathan Wade. Ah, but they're Democrats so like Hillary, Hunter, Joe and the crew, nothing will happen.

6. BuckeyeT

I certainly agree with you that the Georgia DA stepped in it with both heels and has given the far right a point of deflection. That won't change the 3 perps convicted for their betrayal. I was referencing the Cheseboro conviction. Maybe it's semantics Gip but a felony conviction for filing false documents relating to presidential electors sure sounds like election fraud to me. It continues to amaze me the torturous logical and ethical routes being taken by otherwise reasonable people to try and defend these idiots and sycophants who have betrayed their country and tried to overturn the will of the people even after their betrayal has been confessed to and evidenced. Partisan politics at its ugliest....

"Kenneth Chesebro, a lawyer who authored memos detailing how Republicans could send false slates of presidential electors to Congress, has pleaded guilty in the Georgia election interference case that charged him and 18 others.

Chesebro pleaded guilty Friday to one felony count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents."

7. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I just admire how you go on writing about thwarting the "will of the people" when we've just seen a classic case of corrupt politicians trying to prevent the people from even expressing their will? Every one of these state officials and judges who went along with this attempted election interference took an oath to uphold the Constitution and yet as we see by their SCOTUS decision, they were shamelessly in violation of that oath. But like I said earlier, they were Democrats so they're not sycophants.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

SCOTUS SCOTUS SCOTUS!!
    USA USA USA!!
    DRILL BABY DRILL!!
    THIS IS BETTER THAN WHEN THE GERMANS SURRENDERED ON THE USS MISSOURI!!

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Nobody got the Animal House reference?..."Why so serious?"

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

11. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Hate to step on a great rant, but I'm pretty sure Bluto said: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"...
    :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

That's why they surrendered on the Missouri.

• Funny Funny x 2