The Second Amendment

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by JO'Co, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

What the F is going on in this country???

It used to be funny to say inmates were running the asylum... but now it's just complete idiots driving the bus, and it's NOT funny any more!

:oops:

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

<iframe src="http://www.nrastandandfight.com/embed/we-are-america" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="500" height="400"></iframe>

3. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

That makes for great theater to the NRA loyalists, but let's not forget the fact that the majority of "we, the people" seek changes to existing gun legislation to help address a massive and costly problem in our society and one that is a threat to the general welfare of the people.

I see nor hear no solutions to the problem being proposed by the gun lobby.....the people want solutions.

4. Tennessee Tom

5. Tennessee Tom

6. BuckeyeT

Tom, I daresay that King George would have had a more difficult time imposing his will on the colonials if they would have had a friendly majority in the House as today!

But, if all else fails, I have done some research and found that there is an additional line of defense for the the black helicopter crowd! :wink:

[​IMG]

7. Tennessee Tom

None of what I posted has anything to do with black helicopters.

It simply states that if the government thinks I will say: "Here mr obama, come get my guns." They are bat **** crazy.

If they shred the second amendment, there will be thousands of "Waco" incidents all over the country.

8. Tennessee Tom

Terry,

When it comes to being able to defend myself, there are no helicopters flying. I have been through an attack with a deadly weapon and because of the 2nd amendment, I lived to talk about it. My little Ruger LCP (all I could conceal that day) was enough to make a criminal surrender and plant his face in the pavement.

You are not going to convince me that someone concerned about even losing a portion of what the 2nd amendment guarantees is a conspiracy theorist looking for non-existent helicopters.

9. BuckeyeT

Tom, we are agreed....

However, I have seen no more of a threat to the 2nd amendment from the existing legislative efforts than are laws that prohibit one to yell "fire" in a crowded theater and existing laws against libel and slander result in a "shredded" the 1st amendment.

Quite simply, the majority of the people in this nation are in support of and are seeking more restrictive gun legislation to address a grievous societal problem and their representatives in Congress have an obligation and are duty-bound to respond. If the peoples elected representatives do their jobs as designed and pass legislation to that effect and present it to Mr. Obama, I suspect he will sign it

10. Tennessee Tom

A joke... but this is how far our insanity has risen!

[​IMG]

11. Tennessee Tom

12. Tennessee Tom

13. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Hmm, looks like the pop tart that elementary terrorist was eating the other day....

14. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Speaking of the tinfoil hat crowd...some of those people are my California senators and representatives...

Dem Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “It’s Legal To Hunt Humans” With High-Capacity Magazines…

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ypHaYAv_EEw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Sit back and let it sink in… it’s legal to hunt humans. Wow.

Via The Blaze:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

15. Scott88

LOL!!
    This is comical!
    She nicely omits the fact that the folks she mentions do not currently get their weapons and magazines legally!!!
    Therefore... her proposed law will not in the least deter them in the future.

:roll:

16. Tennessee Tom

Scott,

That is a fact omitted by anyone who even remotely believes legislation of any kind will help.

Legislation affects law abiding, sane individuals ONLY!

17. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Ooopsie, Gun Control Proponent Caught Buying AR15 And Pistol, Now Says He Wasn’t Going To Keep The AR15
    [​IMG]
    Via Breitbart:

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an “assault weapon,” he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson, Arizona.

Various sources contacted Breitbart News once Kelly made the purchase, and after we began investigating the details surrounding the purchase, Kelly announced on his Facebookthat he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

18. Scott88

19. BuckeyeT

It appears as if Feinstein's assault rifle ban is DOA, but I'm hopeful something can be done re: universal background checks. A small step, but a positive one nonetheless, in my view.....the issue and it's cost to our society are massive, if this is the best we can do, so be it
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ssault-weapons-senate-judiciary-guns/1981143/

20. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I'm still stuck on 'it is legal to hunt humans'

If a Republican said that, it would be the end of their career.

If human hunting is now legal in California, I'd like to know how you start the permit process. I'm asking for a friend ;)