The "hoax" continues

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, May 9, 2020.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"By November a scrambling frantic Trump will have cemented his place as the most divisive President in U.S. history" Really? The day he was inaugurated there were left wing assholes in the streets chanting "not my president." As he put in a travel ban for those countries that didn't properly vent potential terrorists, left wing Federal judges were enjoining the government. They were consistently overruled by SCOTUS. Then they started the complete ******** RUSSIAN COLLUSION hoax. It wasn't Trump that was decisive, it was the left that wouldn't accept the results of the 2016 election. But American Pravda and those that buy their crap keep repeating it.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Just heard a blurb on Fox News where a news reporter said that Fauci is saying what the Democrats want to hear.
    So a pandemic crisis has been somehow divided up by Trump and Fox News to be a Democrtas are cautious and Republicans don't care about living or dying just do it.
    And yet a poll also highlighted on Fox News shows 67% have more faith in Fauci's leadership against the virus vs. only 33% for Trump. But yeah it's only political..... not about your health and saving your ass.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Fueher Fauci is what we call him in these parts.

4. Motorcity Gator

Reopened Texas had it's second highest day of new cases that the state has had during the crisis.
    That definitely is concerning and the governor of the red state has just enacted a phase two with phase three coming soon.
    What the hell.... following Trump's lead in division I'll just say they are all Trumpsters anyway.... it's their choice as free Americans....

Similarly Wisconsin reopened in a big way yesterday with crowded bars etc.
    Their number of new cases yesterday was 291.... so we will see where they go in about 10 days or so.
    I want to repeat that personally I am hoping that Trump has the blind luck he is looking for and the virus goes away while the economy returns. That is the best case scenario and I really don't give a damn if it hurts the Dems and helps Trump etc. etc. etc.
    You see I am for America to return to normal safely no matter which party benefits..... it's not a partisan thing to me and most Americans who aren't Trump conspiracy worshipers following Trump's divisive lead feel the same.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  5. Motorcity Gator

Trump and Fox News not surprisingly choose to disagree with Fauci... and his medical concerns about early reopenings including schools.
    I hope they are 100% right on and Fauci is being a worry wart.

6. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

7. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Actually, Wisconsin has not opened up in a “big way”. The Supreme Court struck down the governor’s extension of his stay at home order ruling that the governor did not have the unilateral power to extend the emergency decree beyond the 60 day period authorized by state law. Any further extensions must be enacted by the state legislators and approved by the governor. Until they do that, each county appears to have the legal authority to issue emergency rules to combat the virus. So, in the most populated counties, the local health boards have enacted emergency decrees that keep bars and restaurants dining rooms closed with retail and service outlets allowed to reopen under strict customer size limitations. Smaller counties in less populated areas have enacted less restrictive regulations.

So, for the time being and until the legislature and governor can reach an agreement, Covid regulations are a patchwork with counties and cities determining the regulations for each locality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

This seems to be where most states are currently at, some seem very smart and well thought out where others are well let’s say not the best plan for their constituents

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

10. Motorcity Gator

Just got off the phone with my 38 year old client in Wi. who had serious Covid complications and spent time in the hospital for it and he says before he didn't take the virus seriously but now he doesn't care if they open up or not.... he's staying at home regardless. He wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy he says.

11. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

No...it's bad...I don't want it either....thanks for yet another anecdotal story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Motorcity Gator

13. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Haven't once worn a mask since this crap. Go to the grocery store 4 times a week, play golf, go to work, and break the 6 foot rule every day. Been out to eat in local resturants 8 times since Nebraska opened up on May 11th. Buy lotto tickets, get gas, and buy coffee every morning at the U Stop. What in the **** are you afraid of? Please dont say dying....got news for ya, none of us are gonna make it out alive.

14. Motorcity Gator

Besides the fact AJ that I am 65 with heart disease and not in the group that should be getting this but my wife is diabetic and in her sixties and is deathly afraid of getting it herself.
    I would have to be a complete asshole if I just went carelessly about my business as you are want to do apparently and then I passed it to her. Not acceptable to me AJ...... to each his own.