The enigma continues....

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, May 6, 2013.

1. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

You know what's really amazing about all this?.....this is Dave's 8th installment of this argument, and us Carpheads keep chiming in....it truly is the off season....jezzzuuussss, when is the Players Championship anyway?

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

If I'd spent all the time I've wasted trying to lay it out for Dave, I could have worked on my short game and knocked a couple of strokes off my handicap. Doh!

3. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

... and acquired one less ulcer!

4. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Dude, it's May.. my day was filled with job rejections and crazy ******** from my ex wife.. oh and a sick kid..

It's all we have right now.

Oh, the Kings are 3-2 on the Blues though.. not that anyone cares about hockey other than Bobda, Gip and myself.

5. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

That's what I mean by usual ******** such as " Denver was 8-8"...etc

Please....let's just acknowledge what really happened and then we can move on.

2011 Denver was 7-4 in the regular season under Tebow..... 1-4 that year when Orton was the starter.

And....the Denver coaching staff didn't "get rid of" Tebow. The ex-QB superstar GM John Elway had a man crush on Peyton Manning ( with good reason ).....and Tebow obviously wasn't his kind of guy by comparison.

I have never said Tebow was Peyton Manning.... just that Tebow did well enough at Denver to merit a second chance somewhere.

Good Lord I saw bad play at Qb for the Jets last year... very bad play..... and it wasn't Tebow.....hell I wouldn't have been surprised if the NFL never gave Sanchez another shot cause he really did stink the place up.
    But man does he throw a purty ball in practice!! :lol:

6. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

No, you didn't... As Tebow left the college scene, you thought that he was going to be the greatest thing in the NFL. You chastised Manning for never beating the Gators. You were expecting to be able to follow that up with continuing the belittling of Manning when Tebow out shined Manning in the pros. That never happened and never will so your embarrassment is showing in your attacks on the owners, managers, and coaches.

Give it up Dave. Tebow is an exceptional human being... an excellent college QB... but he has not developed the mechanics for a sustained successful career in the NFL. Maybe if he listens to the experts and works on the flaws he has, he might have a shot at probing the owners, managers, and coaches wrong.

7. Motorcity Gator

I can assure you Tom that my "attacks" on the NFL admin. structure with regard to Tim Tebow has zero...zilch....nada...to do with Peyton Manning.

Peyton has his own somewhat mixed legacy to wrestle with....furthered by his one and done last year with what seemed to be a loaded Denver squad heading in to the playoffs.

Even so he is a great NFL QB... a future HOF player no doubt.

But no doubt also he leaves something on the table in some seasons including his time at Tenn.

8. Motorcity Gator

What he said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tim-tebow-blackballed-by-nfl-teams-because-of-cult-like-following--media-frenzy-054940389.html

"the apparent blacklisting of a quarterback who went 7-4 as a starter in 2011 and won a memorable playoff game over the Pittsburgh Steelers doesn't seem kosher to me."

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Look this possible third string QB was a FIRST ROUND draft choice. A complete joke. Delusional fans, think he actually has "first round" talent and the minute a teams starting QB starts to falter, the fans will be screaming for Timmy Baby. GM's and coaches don't want that hassel. They know better. It's obvious from this thread that some don't.

10. Motorcity Gator

Equally delusional not to admit what the kid did on the field....what he did to turn a loser franchise into a winner.....and that's what the author of the article is saying.

It's curious to me why so many people can't admit it.

Now that admission doesn't mean an endorsement of his certainty to be an NFL star...it is just an admission that his on field-in game accomplishments earned him another NFL opportunity that so far he is not getting.

11. Motorcity Gator

Apparently this topic is being discussed in a lot of places. Here are some comparative stats that may surprise you:

"Jake Locker (career) 55.5% CMP, 14TDs and 11INTs 347 rushing and2 TDs (2 fumbles 2 lost) total passing attempts 380
    Sanchez (career) 55.1% CMP 68TDs and 69 INTs 342 rushing yards 12 TDs (43 rumbles 20 lost) total passing attempts 1,867
    Matt Leinart (career) 57.1 % CMP 21 TDs 30 INTs 89 rushing 2TDs (11 Fumbles 3 lost) total passing attempts 641
    Ponder (career)59.2% CMP 31 TDd 25 INTs rushing 472 2 TDs (3 fumbles 1 lost) total passing attempts 774
    Cam Newton (Career) 58.9% CMP, 40 TDs, 29 INTs, 1447 rushing yards 22 TDs (6 fumbles 1 lost) total passing attempts 1002
    Tebow (career) 47.9% CMP, 17 TDs, 9 INTs, rushing yards 989 12 TDs (7 fumbles 2 lost) total Passing Attempts 361"

So apparently comp. % is the end all in NFL QB analysis...really??

"Yes, the 47.9% Tebow CMP isn’t good, but if you think about it was technically his rookie year stats. Here are Eli Manning’s rookie stats: 48.2% CMP 6TDs, 9 INTs, (1043 attempts) 35 yards rushing 0 TDs 1 lost fumble. He turned out pretty good. Some will say better than his brother."

12. Motorcity Gator

Have seen several articles written along the same line as what I have been saying:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167642/article/tim-tebows-history-as-a-proven-winner-should-not-be-ignored

13. IrishCorey

This guy couldn't hold Frank Reich's jock strap.

I mean, extrapolating your logic. That would be a true statement. I don't believe it, but that's where your logic leads.

14. Motorcity Gator

I know...he must have had one hell of a completion percentage.... :wink: 8)

15. IrishCorey

ha! no, his passing numbers are modest. (they are better than Tebow's though). The guy was basically a career backup.

However, he was 2-0 in the NFL playoffs as a starter. He also led the greatest comeback in NFL history (sorry again, Terry) and arguably the greatest comeback in college football history overcoming a 31-0 3rd quarter deficit against defending National Champion Miami at Miami. (statistically, that feat was surpassed by Michigan State a few years ago against Northwestern)

He's also a devout Christian, a well respected motivational speaker/leader and I believe he's a coach in the NFL.

16. Motorcity Gator

Here is a stat that is so typical in this "is Tebow worthy" debate....

Frank Reich... in 14 career NFL seasons.... had a grand total of 78 rushing yards with ZERO TDs and a measly 5 first downs.

Tebow had 118 yards rushing in just ONE game but also threw for two TDs in that Denver win over Oakland.

Just sayin..... :wink:

17. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

RGIII is coming off his second major knee injury. There is no telling if he will ever be the same and he is starting his second season.

18. Motorcity Gator

One thing Tebow was at UF was durable....but the NFL is a different animal I know. I say let him plough ahead until he can't.... or won't.

19. IrishCorey

why should a company/employer/team be forced to employ someone who doesn't fit what they want to do so that it makes you feel better about your program's hero?

You spin every post, every stat and every piece of fact thrown in your face as to why this guy is not and most likely never will be an NFL QB. You just discount it and write it off as if that makes it so... that's just not how this works.

You're pointing toward a conspiracy that just does not exist. I can buy into a lot of conspiracy type theories, but the bottom line is that these guys want to win no matter what the cost.. why do you think there are minorities in the league? guys with criminal backgrounds? I could go on and on..but you get the idea (I hope). There was a point in time in which prejudice from the top down existed, but that's been dead for a very long time.

20. Motorcity Gator

Just not true my friend. Stats are what they are.

Because of Tebow's stats.... and how those stats compare to perception.... is the reason there is even a controversy about Tebow.

Why can't you acknowledge those stats? They are compelling arguments for Tebow is why.

7-4 as a starter with a team that was 5-17 previous is probably one of the hardest to ignore I would imagine.

More stats for ya: In his rookie year Tebow started the last three games of a 4-12 season in 2010 and took what had been a moribund offense under Orton to a 25 ppg average while himself producing over 850 yards of total offense and throwing or running for 6 touchdowns.

Damn those stats!