The Dodger Way to Play Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by DodgerDog, Apr 8, 2007.

1. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

I guess Eli Grba and Fat Freddy Fitzsimmons weren't available...eh? Can this guy hit?

2. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

3. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

I'm not used to this crap. This is beer-league softball. Did you see Wells drag-bunt for a base hit? I never expected a post called "The Dodger Way to Play Baseball" to include pitchers like Wells, Seanez and Hernandez, let alone Hillenbrand, Kent, Gonzalez and Sweeney. Its like an old-timers day every night. I guess its better this way. When they put the kids in there they look confused. Last night Matt Kemp failed to score when he was stealing on the pitch and went back to touch 2nd base a second time when he didn't have to. Then he got picked off third by the catcher...

If it was going to come to this, why didn't we just sign Maddux again?

4. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

Dodgers get another one-run victory as Takashi gets his 36th save and Billingsley gets his 9th win. Thank God for the Washington Nationals...

5. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

Dodgers sweep Washington in another exciting beer league softball game. Hillenbrand homered and Proctor pitched three to move to 3-0...

Nothing left to analyze now. There's 29 games on the schedule and all of them are with the Wild West: San Diego, Zona etc. Either they do it or they don't...

I see the Dodgers picked up Esteban Loaiza off the waver wire from the Oakland A's who were dumping his salary for next year. This probably means that the Dodgers will not resign Wolf for next year and the projected starting rotation will be Penny, Lowe, Billingsley, Loaiza and Jason Schmidt...

Next stop San Diego...

6. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

As my Dodgers fade away, into a well-deserved oblivion, I note with interest that the Dodgers shortstop last night was rookie phenom Chin-Lung Hu. For those of you keeping score at home, this means that Who is not on first! Hu is at shorstop...

7. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

obviously you are still drinking pain killers as a result of yesterday's Irish debacle. This is understood.

8. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

We're not quite dead yet and playing the Cubs always reminds us of what dead really looks like. Soriano hit a HR in the 1st and the Wrigley crowd went bananas. Then things settle back down to where they've been, every year at this time, since 1908...

Dodgers 11
    Cubs 3

New aquisition Esteban Loaiza looked like a bargain at $8 million, with another year left on his contract. Its unusual for a guy that good to be available off the waiver wire, but as I said, it was a salary dump by the Oakland A's. You know, "Moneyball" and all that crap. All I know is, the Dodgers have lots of room for higher player salaries and Loaiza should fit in nicely. He's a Mexican guy from Tijuana who pitches well and works cheap. He'll be a hero around here...

9. HoustonLarry

HoustonLarry New Member

Nothing...

<t>Warms my heart like seeing Carlos "the punk" Z have yet another meltdown. Even the Cub fans raked him yesterday and of course he is upset. LOL !!</t>

10. DodgerDog

DodgerDog New Member

[​IMG]

Dodger Dogs do not understand Grady Little's lineups. Why does he keep benching Matt Kemp and James Loney? How many hitters does he think we have? The recent Dodger resurgence is the first time all year that he finally put Kemp in the #3 slot, where pitchers have to feed him some fastballs, because Kent bats 4th. All Matt Kemp did tonight was get 4 more hits to raise his batting average to .344! Loney is batting .312. Why were those guys in the minors this year anyway? Kemp still doesn't know how to run the bases, but for a .344 hitter on a team full of banjos, we'll take it!

Dodgers 6
    Cubs 2

Penny got his 15th win, and Russell Martin us batting .409 the last three weeks. Its going to be an interesting finish...

11. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dodgers are dead...dead...deadski.

All the signs are there. The clubhouse has become a nest of rattlesnakes. The old players hate the young players and everybody hates the manager. The team is in open rebellion as they sink out of sight...

Even the post game broadcasters are calling for Grady Little's ouster and I agree with them. His lineups are pathetic. If you had a 22 year-old outfielder who was batting .340 with power, why would you sit him down for half the week, then bat him 3rd when he plays? Why would you bat Hillenbrand 4th? Wasn't he released by TWO different teams THIS season? Why would you bat Sweeney 4th? Wasn't he a pinch hitter that the Dodgers got for a player-to-be-named later? A Dodger veteran was heard to shout before the game, "Why is LaRoche starting at 3rd base? On a team with Nomar Garciaparra, that's a good question...

Even the bullpen is blowing it. Broxton hadn't given up a HR until August 23...now he's given up 6 in two weeks, including 5 in the last six days. Takashi Saito was the only closer in baseball who hadn't given up double-digit runs this season...he had only given up 8...then last night, he gave up a walk-off, 2-run dinger to blow a save...

The post-game broadcasters are calling for the manager's head. The front office has called the broadcasters "pathetic" and "disloyal", everything is going to hell in a handbasket and time has run out...

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So are the Tigers. Season ended when Zumaya gave up a game tying HR mon. night The bull pen more than any other part of the team was responsible for the Tigers not making the playoffs again. It was an exceptionally tough year for the pitching staff with 397 man days lost to injury this season. That's a ton.
    Changes to be made. I suspect that Guillen will be moved from SS to 1B. Inge though great with the glove just doesn't produce like a 3B should.

13. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Mike, if you wanna become an Indians fan for the post season we'd be happy to adapt ya! 8)

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Stu
    Would that mean I'd have to root against the Yanks or Bosox?
    WHERE DO I SIGN UP????

15. Stu Ryckman

Consider it done. :wink:

16. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

The politically incorrect Clevland team? :)

[​IMG]

17. Stu Ryckman