Tennessee tragedy!? I hope it's not related

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Fox news is reporting that a Greyhound bus on I24 between Nashville and Chattanooga has crashed. There is a report from a passenger on board that another passenger got up and slit the throat of the driver. It it suspected that up to 10 people died in the crash...

I hope this isn't related and I hope this isn't a terrorist attack of some sort.. My neighborhood is loaded like a small arsenal. Giving the people here further reason to be in fear could lead to some bad bad things.

2. Cindy McCord

Cindy McCord New Member

Corey. It is being reprted that 3 additional people died in the crash outside Manchester, Tn. They are also repeating the rumor that the driver's throat was cut causing the accident.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Cindy,

They had a poor PA lady from Greyhound on Fox right now and I had to feel bad for her. They started asking the "tough" questions about:
    -Do you have a passenger list?
    -Are there any metal detectors or security measures to prevent people from getting anything dangerous on board..

She's in a bad spot because the answers to those questions aren't exactly what people want to hear...

My wife is certain that this is just the action of a nutball. I hope she's right but in either event, it's sad..

Does this now all but wrap up everyone's stance that ANYONE acting funny on a vessel of mass transportation acting funny will get the heck beat out of them?

4. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

Most now feel that this was not terrorism but a random act of violence. Hopefully that is the case but I'm sure that doesn't make the victims and their families feel any better. My prayers go out to them.

5. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

What is this world coming to? This guy was here on a one month visa since 1999 from Croatia (sp?). If people thought the borders were tight before, they ought to be sealed now.

At the Tennessee vs. Arkansas game, we met a Canadian lady that was angry with Bush for making it so hard for her to imigrate. I would bet that she now understands and is having an even harder time of it now.

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Tom,

I'd like to see a serious clamp down of the borders and then do a bit of rake and comb thru the current population looking for those who are in violation of the law...

Once we have weeded out "the illegals", we can worry about restructuring our visa program..

7. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Heard this morning that Sen. Kennedy is blocking a bill that would allow deportation of aliens who are caught donating funds to terrorists.

stu

8. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

Cory...Right you are..shut all "incoming" travel down for 3-6 months. Steel Curtain the borders..and get out the fine combs. Start with every guest list at hotels for last 6 months right up to present. Have every employee at every business investigated. There has to be thousands that would be vacuumed up that are questionable. jif

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah....Changed my mind...

[This message has been edited by todj (edited 10-04-2001).]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I had posted a picture that ran in the paper with a sick caption. It's what I did for a living for a long time...

It's not time yet.

[This message has been edited by todj (edited 10-04-2001).]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Stu,

I honestly believe that Sen Kennedy has "other" reasons for wanting to shoot down that piece of legislation that has nothing to do with American Patriotism or Civil Liberties.