Sports Illustrated

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

While your encouraged by the article ...I'd guess that Scott figures the guy knows little about football.

<b>
    Texas A&M (4-0): This is the most deceiving 4-0 record in the country. Notre Dame or not, the Aggies' three I-A opponents are a combined 2-7 against other I-A opponents. Prospects: Expectations were low before the season, but now reinvigorated A&M fans will be let down when the Big 12 losses start piling up.

</b>

Terry

2. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

{Sigh} Congratulations on a thoroughly decisive win, Kes. I just got home last night and am only now reading about the game.

Yeesh. WSU didn't kill the Cats; they moidered 'em. The onside kick at 14-0 was vintage Price.

I read a quote from an Arizona receiver where he felt the team entered the game with an over-confident attitude, but that doesn't explain the Cougars running away with the game after Arizona closed within 7, 28-21.

Great win for you. Good luck against the Beavers.

Rick

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Mackovich used to have some juicy criticisms of the PAC10 when he was at Texas. He kept that up until UCLA buried his career 66-3 on his own home field. Now that Wazzu has properly introduced him to life on the Left Coast, maybe he'll have his team better prepared for conference games...

Not A Mackovich Fan...JO'Co

4. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Thx, Rick. I must say the Cats I saw on our board were nothing but class before and after the game, good bunch of guys.

I hope to see a good game out of you versus Oregon. Give us some film to study!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Rick..since you never sent me your girlfriends sisters phone number I had to get a new girlfriend on my own. Turns out she's a ASU grad and seems to have bad things to say about the 'Cats. She didn't think the whupping Wazzu put on 'em was good enough! Didn't know the feelings ran that deep. [​IMG].

She say's her favorite team after Sun Devils is who ever is playing AZ....go figure. [​IMG]

Terry

6. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

LOL! Hey, my girlfriend really doesn't have a sister, and I'm glad to hear about your good fortune. I've met a number of ASU women during the years and they were never short on looks or personality.

The Arizona/Tempe Normal School rivalry does indeed run deep. Ask your girlfriend which school has:

1. Won more national championships
    2. Placed higher in the Sears Cup standings
    3. A higher athletic department GPA
    4. Graduated a higher percentage of athletes
    5. Graduated a higher percentage of students

during the last decade, or ever for that matter.

Rick

p.s. Games like Quarters, Hi Bob, and Thumper are not sanctioned by the NCAA as athletic events.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Rick,

LOL Yeah but who drives the shorter bus [​IMG]

I'm glad Terry is getting introduced to the Zona/BeerBong State rivarly via the Arizona Normal school's only high quality product (it's women) [​IMG]

8. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Terry,

Nah, I'm not worried about that. With our schedule, I'd figure at least two losses.
    We really need to crack someone's skull in the Big 12 scheduling office. No other team in the B12 has back to back road games - we have it TWICE!!!
    We are improving, but only time will tell if it will be fast enough.

------------------

Gig'em
    Fightin' Texas Aggies
    Scott Durden