Something is wrong with the country's politics.

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 12, 2011.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Like always George....like most of the right.....whenever facts are presented that makes one uncomfortable about W then the answer is just to throw it back on Obama.

Hey...I am not defending Obama here when I take this tack but we aren't going to accomplish anything politically in the next election until we understand just where we stood on Nov. 2nd 2008.

A GOP candidate that doesn't understand that and distance his politics from that will not defeat even Obama.

3. George Krebs

I have no idea what you're talking about Dave. Even worse, I suspect you don't either.

4. Motorcity Gator

A 25% Bush approval rating spelled doom for McCain... George.

There is a hangover still from those dismal numbers that even a disapproval of Obama will not overcome unless the GOP candidate says and illustrates that he is not of that ilk.

If that GOP candidate can only say that he is not Obama.....he loses.

5. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

8)
    ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

6. George Krebs

NOT being Obama is fairly attractive....... I could run on that platform.

Jeffrey Immelt is the CEO of General Electric. He is also one of Obama's most trusted confidantes and sits on his Jobs committee or whatever it is called. This appointed committee is tasked with coming up with ideas to promote job growth.

In fact, GE is one of the leading exporters of American jobs overseas, primarily to Mexico, sending tens of thousands to date. Immelt also has just struck a deal with China to collaborate on the building of planes to compete with the US company, Boeing.

By the way, GE pays little or no taxes on profits in the billions. Not only that; they receive enormous federal subsidies.

7. mrsjoco

mrsjoco Active Member

:D I would vote for you George

8. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I think that is outstanding....and heretofore, the only argument that the left has going for them and at present, it's completely irrelevant what happened 3 years ago and the American people are sick of hearing about it and offering more excuses and blame than leadership and ideas......

We will grant that he came into a bad situation....that's a given. It is also a given that his complete lack of experience, ineffective policies and utter vacuum of leadership has made a bad situation worse......there are several countries around the globe who are deemed more credit worthy than our own for the first time in our history. They to went through a global credit crisis......

That is Mr. Obama's economic legacy. Failed leadership, impotent economic team, flawed policy and campaign first/address problems later mindset......go ahead tell me that the American people want to hire that resume for another 4 years.

The only reason the Dems seek to run against Bush again is solely because they have nothing in their own arsenal to promote.....classic example of a failed candidate.

9. Motorcity Gator

He wasn't my guy to start with and he still isn't.

Just give us an alternative to consider who has reason....fairness.....and is not a Bush camp clone or who is so far on the right he looks like a speck from center.

10. BuckeyeT

Based upon his performance on the job and qualifications for the office, superior alternatives would seem to abound.....

11. Motorcity Gator

Yeah...but I'm turning the tables now.

Give us a good candidate to consider on his ( sorry....no females I see on the GOP docket are worth my vote ) own merits and not just because he opposes Obama.

I hear Obama missiles all the time but not much other than right wing extremism otherwise.

12. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

I would vote for George... I would vote for anyone that wants to throw out liberal policies.

13. BuckeyeT

Sorry Gator, the job of chief executive of the United States is not an entitlement program, nor a peerage.....you don't get to stay just because you're already there....you have to perform to keep the job. He has failed, he doesn't get a mulligan, he's fired.....

14. George Krebs

While I am eminently more qualified than Obama for the job I am not announcing my candidacy.

I don't know enough about the candidates to make a final choice. At this point I can only tell you who I have eliminated.

Gingrich
    Huntsman
    Cain

15. Motorcity Gator

...and who is emminently more qualified to take the next shot?

Specifically......

George/BT....you like em all on the right equally?

Being a conservative makes em all just dandy?

That is the kind of thinking that scares the hell out of me.

Please.....cut with the crap that it "makes em all better than Obama"...ad nauseum.

16. George Krebs

Don't ask questions if you don't like answers, Dave.

17. Tennessee Tom

Moe Howard would make a better president and he died of lung cancer 36 years ago.

18. Tennessee Tom

[​IMG]

For President!!!

19. BuckeyeT

You are indeed vastly more qualified for the job than Obama was.....you have actually run something. You have real, live leadership and executive experience. You know how to make a payroll, develop a budget and some semblance of fiscal discipline, actively address challenges to your enterprise and organize a team to effectively identify issues, prioritize, develop solutions and arrive at sound decisions.....this guy has NONE of those most important executive qualifications or experience in the most important executive position in the world......the only thing he has run is a classroom in law school.

The wisdom of the left and their enslaved masses in conjunction with the misguided, superficial power of the media has provided us with perhaps the least qualified president in our nations history....with predictable results. Well done....

As for future candidates, if you don't have meaningful executive experience you need not apply.....on the job training is for entry level positions, not the chief executive. Bachmann is good looking, bright and spunky and in the right zip code to be effective philosophically but she doesn't pass the test and shouldn't even get an interview imho.....

20. Motorcity Gator

That and even Michael Dukakis would have defeated the GOP nominee at the time....Nov. 2008.

Maybe W couldn't have done anything different but with a 25% GOP incumbent approval rating on election day none of the present crew of GOP nominees would have stood a chance that day either.