So umm these are what college visits are like?

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by IrishCorey, Aug 26, 2018.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

1. I hear from all the wrestlers on the team that my son is 'The real deal' because they all went to a Biscuits game, got **** faced afterwards and he took care of the entire team forming a triage unit of drunks until the wee hours of the morning. (he didn't go, he stayed home to play video games).

2. I hear from the wrestlers and dorm mates that my son is 'a legend' because a pretty girl dared him to take a case of beer at a block party, my son did and when the 6'6" 300lb owner of said case of beer yelled at him to return the beer, my son yelled back 'f*ck you, this is my beer now!'

When my son went to apologize to the guy the next day, the football player told him not to worry about it and that it was hilarious because no one has ever stood up to him before. Plus, he doesn't want any problems with a wrestler.

3. My son, of all people, formed a study group for his writing/composition course. He did so with the smartest girl in the class, who also happens to be the prettiest girl in the class.

4. I actually am calculating the per offense cost of each action vs the $17,000 loan I took out.

5. He appears to be adjusting well to college life. I felt bad about crashing his first full Saturday as a college student, but I have to work on all of the other days.... so Saturday it was. His birthday is actually Monday, it'll be the first I've not spent with him.

6. He's pinned everyone except for the returning senior starter, so he'll likely be 2nd string or perhaps 3rd string. There's another senior in the class, but Carson says that he beats him pretty regularly so it'll be up to coach what he wants to do. At a minimum, he'll wrestle at all of the Open tournaments this year.

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

F'in "A" right Carson!
    :lol:

I know a tad about messing with wrestlers... my brother (1.5 yrs younger) wrestled for his freshman year in high school.
    We didn't tussle much growing up but once in a while there's a "misunderstanding".
    The first one that year... I had no idea what was happening.
    Sucker had me on the ground and nothing I could do about it.
    After that... I was all ninja on him. If it was going to go to blows... I'd hit him from the dark and then disappear! ;-)

Great stuff on all the bullets.
    Sounds like he'll do really well.

I feel ya on #4.
    The oldest is graduating in December, so I'm making my last payments to FAFSA.
    It was public school so not as big a hit, but still.
    ROBBERY!

3. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I always find myself torn because sometimes I want to be mad, but then I realize I was a thousand times worse on my parents so it's all relative.

He's receiving a lot of pressure to play football as well. I have told him to worry about juggling academics and wrestling first before we even think about a second sport. I think football would mean more money, but he's made a commitment and I want him to see it through.

He really seems to be doing well. There's a lot of rich white kids at his school and in high school, he never really broke free from that shitty circle of friends that his mother had formed for him before she passed. I was worried about him fitting in. He seems to be doing just fine. He seems to be branching out into his own person and it does scare me a bit when I see so much of me in the him that is branching out, but he's crazy strong, pretty darn smart and he hates listening to my **** so I think he'll be fine.