Since I've been teaching

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by IrishCorey, Sep 10, 2022.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I've got some observations and funny stories for you guys. This is where I'm going to share them. Enjoy the ride.

For those who don't know. I had my disability taken away from me because my oncologist didn't respond to their annual review of my case. The reason he didn't respond is that he had his license suspended. It was suspended because he was banging one of his patients and not his wife. To top it off, he gave her a bad combo of scripts that killed her.

Anyway, we were and are going under financially so I had to start working asap. So, I took a job as a substitute teacher for the Decatur City Schools system. I'll not be naming names. I will be sharing stories though as they come. Stay tuned.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Sorry to hear this Corey, I hope things turn around for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

So, first story. I'm teaching middle school health. Class starts and a girl walks up to me asking to go to the nurse. I'm really skeptical about this, so I asked why she needed to go.

She responded, and I quote, "I think I tore my nipple ring out when I moved my backpack over to my other shoulder. "

I sat there speechless as I handed her the hall pass. I had so many questions. She couldn't have been older than 13. Did her parents okay this? Just what the f^^^^!? She never came back so I guess her fears were warranted... but damn.

All that before I even had my coffee that day.