Setting up nicely for Florida

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Dec 13, 2006.

1. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Man, I'm glad we get to see this played out on the field. Crow will be eaten on one side or the other. :lol:

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

If Ohio State wins a close game, then UF will be vindicated and it will almost be like a victory. If UF wins either close or not, OSU will be served lots of Crow...Gators will have to be soundly beaten before they are served any Black Bird.

3. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

No crow for this UF fan as he knows the Gators are undeserving of the spot in the BCS-MNC and will be lucky to stay with 7 TDs.

4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I would have no problem with that whatsoever...in the spirit of camraderie, I think a win-win is the right answer! Are we agreed????? 8)

5. BuckeyeT

How can that be? We're too slow, have not played anybody, have not beaten anybody, play in a conference unworthy of mention in the same breath with the SEC and have had the indiginity of being run over roughshod by an unworthy back on an unworthy team from an unworthy conference who didn't play anybody either......! :lol:

You guys need to make up your mind.....I'm sensing a bit of schizophrenia here! Which is it? :wink:

6. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

All chest-thumping BS aside, I expect a close game...

7. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

T

Just check with many (most?) of your OSU bretheren and just about all UMich fans and they'll tell you "how that be". 8)

8. BuckeyeT

How much different would that be than if we checked with your Gator brethren or just about all SEC fans????? They're all homers, they just live in different regions.

I nor any or my Buckeye buddies on this board have ever suggested anything but a real scrap and I guarantee you our kids will be ready for a battle.....Coach Tressel has been in too many of these ballgames to prepare for anything but a fight to the finish. 8)

9. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

As a neutral party, I can assure you that - chest thumping and stat mining aside - no one with a brain, especially those loyal to FL and OSU, truly believes the game will be anything but a 60-minute nose-to-nose war.

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

They're gonna get their ass kicked. :twisted:

11. BuckeyeT

Husker.....I dunno, I dunno.

I know, I know....we have not played anybody, we've been gashed by a MAC quality running back and there is no way we can keep up with their team speed.

Taking everything into consideration, if they don't blow us out early, I think we'll be able to hang in there and then win with a late FG - where we do have a decided advantage. I can only hope..... :wink:

12. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I saw Garrett Wolfe in person and he was shut down completely in mid-Oct. by Western Michigan a month after he ran roughshod through OSU.

I truly could not understand how he managed to do that vs. OSU.

It must have been their young defense at the time.

In any event I don't see either side on this board stewing up a big pot of crow although possibly BT is searching for the jar of pickled crow's feet at times.

I think it will be a great game and of course I think Florida can and will win but I don't think either side wins with ease.

13. Motorcity Gator

"One more time, MCG has brought a knife to a gunfight."

Gotta admit Sid...Gaterz has several years worth of supportive data and BT hangs his hat on a single year where UF was still very close to the SEC lead in penalties.

I don't see your point.

14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I didn't expect that you would.

15. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Buck T!! I meant Nebraska! :wink: I think.... :twisted:

16. BuckeyeT

Hmmmmm......as I see it there are three active posts on the board concerning this topic. One, disparages a teams historical record -v- another teams conference. Another discusses reasons why one of the teams will win and another discusses why things are setting nicely for the opposition. I authored none of them. Fans of my team or conference authored none of them. They were all authored by the same team, same guy....and I'm searching for crow :?: I don't think so...... :roll:

17. BuckeyeT

Why the need to belittle everyone? Is it more comfort food? Does it help you feel better about your chances by continually dogging everything we do and everybody we play in the most preposterouos of manners? Enough already.....

The Wolfe kid is a great back. He's the nation's leading rusher this year and was a close second last year. He finished his college career as the leading career active rusher by some 1200 yards. You saw the 06 game with WMU where he struggled....hell, the kid was probably tired of running up and down the field against WMU. He went for 277 in 05 and 185 in 04 against those guys. Over the course of his career, he played 4 Big 10 schools - OSU, Mich, Iowa and NW and lit everyone up but Iowa - averaging 162 yards a game against the conference foes. The notion that the Wolfe kid is not a great back is just nonsense and contrary to every shred of factual evidence. If the kid played in Gainesville, he'd start, star, be All-SEC and beloved by the Gator masses....without a doubt.

Let's quit with the nonsense..... :roll:

18. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Running back is not going to be one of our strengths in this game.

Now a couple of years down the road it may be different at the running back spot, but it's not a strength for the Gators this year.

Except the times Percy Harvin goes from the running back position, but he can't do that the whole game.

I expect a good close game that either team can win. Logic says that Ohio State should be favored and win, but don't sell my Gators short.

As far as eating crow, I don't believe a win or a loss calls for eating crow. However when someone makes bravado claims that don't turn out to be true that's different. But that's an individual thing and I don't personally intend to be eating or feeding any crow no matter who wins.

But if it doesn't turn out my way I'll be very quick to offer congratulations.

19. BuckeyeT

Bill, you're an good man....

The Harvin kid is scary. He reminds me alot of Teddy Ginn. Same kind of athletic abilty. Same kind of big play threat every time he touches the ball. I'm sure UM will get to get him as many touches as he possibly can. I'm just hopeful our defense can keep him in front of them. I love his game. He's only going to get better as he grows up....

20. Motorcity Gator

"Why the need to belittle everyone? Is it more comfort food? Does it help you feel better about your chances by continually dogging everything we do and everybody we play in the most preposterouos of manners? Enough already..... "

BT...that's not a condemnation of Wolfe's abilities. It's the only time I have seen him play and he was extremely mediocre to poor that day and a MAC defense ate him up. A pure observation from one day....nothing more.

On the crow issue....my boasts are only that Florida will bring it to OSU and will make it a good game at the very least if they don't win a close one. That's my boast and I disagree strongly and would expect some crow eating from those that predict with obnoxious enthusiasm that Florida will be easily defeated.