Setting up nicely for Florida

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Dec 13, 2006.

1. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is how the powers that be in the great Gator penalty conspiracy could have done such a miserable job in 02? How could they have flagged the vast majority of other conference schools at a greater rate than the Gators? C'mon fellas....the Gators were 8th in the SEC in 02? Who screwed up? Heads need to roll!!!!! :roll:

I have a novel solution......why don't you just teach the Florida kids to quit breakin' the rules!! 8)

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

What a cop out BT..... :? :?:

From Gaterz:

"Do ya have that info, yet???? SEC teams with more penalties than UF?

2006 - none
    2005 - none
    2004 - none
    2003 - uga, msu
    2002- here's the group you mentioned - bama, ken, aub, ark, tenn, uga, lsu
    2001 - msu
    2000 - uky

Hmmmm ...... seven seasons under 3 different coaching staffs and only one in which UF was not the (or one of the) most penalized teams in the conference. What's really interesting about 2002 - Zook's 1st season - is that UF's # of penalties was not substantially changed from other seasons - 91 in 13 games - but that those other teams were apparently substantially worse than usual."

3. BuckeyeT

Cop out? Gaterz asks me to provide him with readily accessible info, then posts the info - almost accurately - then asks again for the info that he has already posted - almost accurately. What's the cop out?

Mine was a simple question.....how do we reconcile our conspiracy theory with the fact that: 1) In the majority of the years referenced, there were other teams more heavily penalized than FL and 2) in one of the years, the overwhelming majority of SEC teams were more heavily penalized than the Gators......? Did they call the conspiracy off in 02 and take a one year sabbatical? What's the company line here?

4. Motorcity Gator

In 2002 I believe we explained that all SEC teams were more heavily penalized and UF was not far behind and in fact had a substantial amount of penalties.

In a lot of the other years UF was on top with the most and in others top 2 or 3.

Without doing the numbers given this info do you even think for one second that if we looked at the average penalties per game of the SEC teams over the last 15-20 years who would stand out way on top?
    Do we have to go to that trouble or is the answer obvious who would lead by a mile?

Guaranteed the SEC elite or "good ole boy network" of Tenn, Bama, Ga, LSU and Aub won't even be in the top 4.

5. BuckeyeT

MCG, just because one provides an explanation does not mean it makes any sense or addresses the fundamental issue. My kids explain things to me all the time that make no sense just as your non-answer.

Are not penalties relative? In 02 I believe FL was 9th out of a 12 team conference....meaning there were 8 other SEC teams more heavily penalized.....Even if in fact as you say UF was not far behind, isn't it in fact true that the others that were MORE heavily penalized were disadvantaged. Isn't that what you are always whining about? That because of the penalty conspiracy, UF is disadvantaged? However when others have more penalties they are not disadvantaged? How does that work? The leader that year was Alabama and they had 33% more penalties and 44% greater penalty yardage - that's WAY behind. The "good ole boy network" really took one on the chin that year?

So, try again.....How do we reconcile 02 with our conspiracy theory? :roll:

6. Motorcity Gator

BT...how can you possibly draw conclusions on a one year anomaly and therefore throw out the more compelling arguments made by the other 15 or so years?

I think my suggestion of examining what team has the most per game average in penalties in the SEC over the last 15-20 tells a more truthful story. One year?....come on BT....

7. BuckeyeT

:lol: No answer.....as expected. You're seeing ghosts MCG and any shadow is another member of the ghost family. :roll:

8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

One more time, MCG has brought a knife to a gunfight.

9. wzt

wzt New Member

Nope. My pappy done taught me never to pick a stinkin' contest with a skunk. [​IMG]

10. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

A picture of Wendy during one of her more combative moods...

[​IMG]

11. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

How did Garrett Wolfe gain 171 yards on 26 carries against OSU?

12. BuckeyeT

Good question Gaterz.....I have no idea how he managed to lead the nation in rushing either.

Just imagine what a great back like Wynn will be able to do against us? :wink:

13. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

He had a bad day. He probably would have hit the 200 mark against a FL defense that is slower than a featherweight TCU D that didn't face a 3 year starter @ QB. :lol:

14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

It's obvious from last night's defensive performance vs. Wolfe that TCU would have crushed Ohio State. Looks like they chose the wrong OSU opponent for the championship game.

15. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

I guess he benefitted from the playing Ball St (353 yards) and Buffalo (263 yards)?

What's surprising is he's averaged just 84 yards per game in his last 7 games ...... and in 5 of those games, he averaged just 44 per game at 2.3 per attempt.

Not sure Wynn really plays much against OSU.

16. BuckeyeT

Too bad for him he didn't play us every game....at that rate he'd have rushed for over 2000 yards! :lol:
    Sorry to hear that Gaterz....however, I'm sure that whomever replaces him will be superior to Wolfe and he will perform accordingly and pile up prodigious rushing yardage. :wink:

17. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

Northern Illinois has been without their starting QB for several games now making it easy for opponents to take him out of the game.

Garrett Wolfe can run on any defense in the country.

He is a great running back.

18. BuckeyeT

That's impossible AJ! He doesn't play in the SEC!

If he had played against the speed and ferocity of the SEC defenses, he'd have gained a mere fraction of that yardage.....I know that to be true because Gaterz and MCG have been telling us so for almost a month now..... :wink:

19. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

My bad Terry. My Northern & Eastern bias is showing.

Can I at least say Garret has the most explosive burst East of the Mississippi and North of the Mason Dixon line?

20. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

Really is that why? I though Horvath was injured in the next to last game against Central Mich .... a game in which Wolfe rushed for 203 yards. Seems Wolfe's lesser performances came while Horvath was still throwing the ball 25-30 times per game.

Huh .... go figure, AJ.