Rescheduling and the Post Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The Irish are rescheduled to Dec 1. What about the rest of the games. Are the SEC/B12 championship games going to have to be rescheduled?

How will the UF and FSU end of season look...much tougher now?

I haven't really looked at it all but it would seem that young teams that need to mature and have had big games rescheduled may be better off...then again maybe injuries will play a factor here.

Terry

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Tennessee vs Florida has been moved to Dec. 1st. That should give the "poor little Gators" time to build up to the likes of Tennessee. [​IMG]

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

3. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I think the Florida - Tennessee game being moved until Dec 1 definetly helps Tennessee more than Florida. The QB situation if nothing else. No matter you have to do what you have to do. The Gators end of year schedule looksl like this.

S. Carolina
    FSU
    Tenneessee
    SECC (if we get there)
    Bowl Game

That is one tough route to the National Championship. Having to beat S. Carolina, FSU and Tennessee in a row to get to the SEC Championship game will be quite a challenge.

---------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Bill

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Atta boy Tom [​IMG] Hit the ground with both feet a runnin'....

Bill,

Your season ending schedule looks mighty stiff.. Of course, the path to that point is about as tough to navigate as a bunny slope [​IMG]

Boy does it feel good to even think about something else.. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Corey (edited 09-16-2001).]

5. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Bill,

You bet it helps Tennessee more than Florida. We were on the ropes coming int the swamp. Now we have a chance for our young team to get it together before the trip to Gainsville.

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

6. Vol Jeff

Vol Jeff New Member

On the surface I do think the delay will help Tenn. We can develop our young players and hopefully will enter the dec 1 game much healthier than we are now.

However, I think we had a huge advantage this past weekend because no one gave Tenn a chance to win the game. If the Gator players and coaches were taking Tenn as lightly as the media and the Gator fans were then I think the Vols would have shocked them all.

7. Gator Bill

Oh Terry I think we play some pretty good teams between then and now. Mississippi State, Auburn and LSU are the best but all three of them are picked by one person or another to win the West. We could lose one of those games. I hope not but???

[​IMG]

Bill

8. Guest

Guest Guest

SEC Champ game is it rescheduled?

Terry

9. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

With respect to college football, these guys seem to have achieved what they want. This season is forever changed schedule wise and the pysches of the players are changed as well. Who knows how this will turn out now and who knows who will win the NC? Does the NC seem as important?

10. Gator Bill

Terry, I don't think it is final but it looks like the SEC Championship game will be postponed one week. It could even be on a Sunday night. However I think Dec 8 is the most likely possibility. I believe it will all be announced within the next couple of days.

MotorCity, no the National Championship doesn't seem that important now. However hopefully our society will get back as close to normal and it will be important. Not as important as the effort our country is now undertaking, but important none the less.

[​IMG]

Bill