rematch?.....no way....

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:roll:
    For the umpteenth time...

I have never heard any Irish fan here or in South Bend say that Notre Dame deserved to be in the NC game this year. On the contrary, we are unanimous that Ohio State and Michigan have the two best teams. That said, our hope is to somehow luck out in the voting if we beat Southern Cal badly enough. That in know way changes our perception of who the two best teams are...

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Corey... This SEC fan is anything BUT math challenged. Grammar challenged... maybe. Spelling challenged... maybe. Math challenged... never! 8) :wink:

I also wonder why 6 wins is still the criteria when we are playing a 12 game season. 6 wins is a .500 season. No a losing season, but not winning either. I would have thought that the mark would have risen to 7 wins this year. :?

3. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Ditto from this ND fan.

I agree, Tom, that 7 wins in 12 games should be the criteria for bowl eligibility.

4. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I agree that 7 wins is a better marker for bowl consideration but I don't think there is enough 7 win teams for the many bowls out there.

Jo'Co my point is that there is not enough luck and votes for ND to jump Michigan.

If SC goes down the only team keeping Florida out if the Gators sweep their last two games is Michigan.

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Yeah it's ridiculous that a 6-6 season makes you bowl eligible. There is however a new rule that says that in a conference that bowl tie-ins have to go to 7 win team over a 6 win team. For example in C-USA the Rice/SMU game is very important the winner gets to 7 wins and essentially gets the last C-USA bowl slot and the loser stays bowl eligible at 6 wins but can not be picked for a C-USA bowl over Rice. If they didn't have this rule, then a bowl might select a 6 win team that they think travels better than the 7win team..

6. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

This year we have 32 bowl games. That's 64 teams out of 119 Div1A teams. I'll go 1 further and say I'm not sure there are enough 6 wins teams to fill this slate.

[​IMG]