PSU Football

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Bwa wa wa bwa kwa na na na bwa bwa bwa...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Curt,

Since we didn't know what you were saying with your french comment, Tom deleted it.

Terry

3. CDAY

CDAY New Member

Terry,
    It now seems that Tod is trying to speak in tongues. Will you delete that?

The question I have is is that you know what Tod is writing and you don't delete that but not knowing what I am writing, but assuming that is possibly worse, you are deleting what I write. I simply asked Tod if he was made of the same content which he declared I was full of.

4. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Curtis,

I don't know either you or Todd. I do not show favoritism. If I see something that is inappropriate, I deal with it. If something offends you, either take the chance that we will see it, or report it to us.

I happened to see your use of French. Since I do not understand French, I can't tell if you were asking him out on a date, warning him of his impending death at your hand, or somewhere in between. Foreign languages will be deleted on sight... no matter who puts them up.

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

[This message has been edited by TennesseeTom (edited 09-26-2001).]

5. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Let's make this unanimous as far as the Moderators. Some posts might be deleteted that are in English. According to how far it goes. However no posting will be allowed in a foreign language. That seems simple enough to me. As far as speaking in tounges, I think we all are pretty clear as to what Tod is writing. Curt, while it may have been clear to you what you wrote, it was not clear to us so it was removed. No offense but let's keep it in language we understand so then we know whether it has gone far enough to be remove. [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Gator Bill

6. BUGEATER

BUGEATER New Member

Bet you guys don't delete 'Semper Fi.'

And that's Latin, Fellers--a foreign language.

jb

7. Tennessee Tom

You want us to delete it JB? You are grasping at straws with your free speech campaign. The meaning of Semper Fi, especially here lately is known to all on this board. If you want to sacrifice the unity shown here for your political views, let it be known and I'll start deleting! There is a difference in posting in a foreign language for hide the meaning and posting "Semper Fi". Also, that term was defined by AJ publicly. I didn't see a like effort by Curtis.

The job of a moderator sucks sometimes! [​IMG]

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I believe that Tod said that I was "short" another line.....but I can only attribute scant praise to those that write lines like "bwa...bwa"

...must either be congolese or neanderthal anestry kicking in.

------------------
    Gonzo

9. CDAY

CDAY New Member

They shouldn't delete Semper Fi--especially in the light of today's circumstances.

But why they deleted what I said and still let Tod say I was full of sh*t where the meaning of what he said is plain is simply inconsistent. What did the moderators think I was saying to Tod? It certainly wasn't Deleted again! And will continue to be deleted!. If you can let Tod say what he says in English, why be bothered by what I say in French?

Finally for Tod,
    Having a friend who use to play for the Pittsburgh Stealers, I asked him this question. Would you prefer to be on a team that is playing its 4th game after a 2 week break or the team playing its 2nd game after a 3 week break. He definitely preferred the former. Penn State has simply had 2 opening season games. They have not had a chance to build from the last game. Should they have played better? Certainly. But they have plenty of time to change and improve. Hopefully that will start this weekend with a win over Iowa.

10. BUGEATER

BUGEATER New Member

Moderators:

You might want to mention that you deleted four innocuous posts . . . .

jb

[This message has been edited by BUGEATER (edited 09-26-2001).]

11. Tennessee Tom

Yes I did, JB. You continue to challenge the fact that we should act as you see fit. You post, however innocent it might have been, 4 messages in protest using language other than English. You could post a phrase meaning "Life is beautiful" in Russian. I would delete it because there is no way to moderate discussions when you don't understand what is being said. If you can't understand that, I'm sorry. That is the way it is on most boards and that is the way it is here.

Curtis,

Point me to the post you refer to and we will deal with it. Whether you realize it or not, there have been over 1800 posts this month. We may miss a word here or there. That is why you have to let us know when you take exception to something, not strike out on your own. Your French phrase stood out and I easily found it. When you make a point of doing it again, it is just that much easier to find because we are then looking for it.

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

12. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Curt and JB, this is for you guys. Let's cut the childish bulls***. It really is not to much to ask that your posts are something that the Moderators can understand. JB, Semper Fi.' may be Latin, but is a commonly used phrase in our language. We all know it is something our Marines use and we used it in respect for our mutual friend AJ. To use that in this respect is mixing apple and oranges.

Curt's post was different, I had no idea what he was saying or what language he was using. Sorry folks but that is out of line. If Curt has something to say to Tod, say it so we can all understand it or take it to e-mail.

Geez, if you guys don't have a better soapbox to stand on right now than this it really surprises me.

Let's knock it off and move on.

---------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Gator Bill

13. BUGEATER

BUGEATER New Member

[​IMG]

Squalus Octobrus

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ain't this fun!

Seriously though sometimes this job is tough, can't please all of the people even some of the time or something like that.

We just gotta do what seems right, and sometimes we don't have 100% support...so be it.

Terry

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Now now boys, let's stick to what the facts of the matter are here...

1. The only thing profane that I've personally seen is the play of the Irish and the Nittany Lions.

2. Curtis and Tod represent two sides of the PSU family. Each is entitled to his opinions. One may be perceived as a "negative norman" while the other "has his head in the sand", or perhaps they each have very valid points to the subject at hand. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between.

3. I seriously believe we should start a letter writing campaign to the respective ADs at PSU and ND to kick off this "Futility Bowl" idea in Duluth, MN. [​IMG] None of us, outside of the GMan's hollow leg, are up to our "former self" at the barstool but who would it hurt at this dark time in American history to get together and knock back a few (dozen)?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm with you Corey though training for such an event could be detrimental to your health. Not as detrimental as trying to keep up with G-Man. My casual enounter with him in Columbus had me wrapping my head in ice bags for days.

On the other matter I can't believe that there's ANYONE who doesn't understand the Charlie Brown, "wa wha bwa" reference and would actually use it in an arguement about posting in foreign languages.

May I suggest one of those rectal board extraction operations?

17. CDAY

CDAY New Member

Tom et al (this is latin),
    If you read Tod's post of 9-25-2001 at 8:51 AM, you will see what I mean. He declaratively swore at me, I simply used the interogative back at him.

In addition to that, the second note that I wrote containing some french does have an already established meaning since it was part of the lyrics to a pop song from Millan Rouge. Don't you have teenagers who are educating you?

I think you know enough about me by now to realize that I do not say anything outside the bounds of what is accepted here. Instead of deleting, ask for a translation. Sometimes saying something in a foreign language and leaving it untranslated for the immediate time is an appropriate response to someone who merely tries to be insulting. You haven't been bothered when Tod has said I am pig or that I am full of ****(the first is merely projection on Tod's part, the second tests whether you want profanity used on the board), why be bothered by what I say?

Corey,
    Good note. I just finished cleaning the sand out of my ears so I can hear again.

18. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Not to change the subject, but...

Tod & Curtis;

Do y'all know whatever happened to AJ/NJ?

stu

19. Guest

Guest Guest

OK...I officially apologize to the pig. This whole thing is getting so childish that even I'M laughing at it.

Let's face it there are some people who just go through life asking for the manager and writing angry letters to the editor.

Soon we'll reach the level of a, "Nah na Nah na na...so's your old man" and be done with it. But it will be Curtis who has the last word or I'll be typing on my death bed.

AJ/NJ is around. I think I saw a post from him a short while back. He's likely getting a chuckle out of this too.

BTW...I guess it's "ixnay on the itshay".

[This message has been edited by todj (edited 09-27-2001).]

20. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

FINALLY!..some peace! Better be..my contacts tell me JOPA coaches until '06 jif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.