Post election events

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by gipper, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Not saying I agreed with the folks who crossed the lines in any way, but to call it insurrection when it clearly was NOT and yet burning buildings is just protesting...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Sorry, been away a couple of days.

Here's my thoughts, if you want to discuss the Jan 6 protest then it needs to be in the context of what happened all years with Antifa and BLM. How many lives were lost and how many injuries to innocent people and Law Enforcement, how much damage was done to businesses and on and on.

The Jan 6 protest did not happen in a vacuum and it is unfortunate it went as far as it did. However Trump wanted a peaceful protest and said so.

Pelosi and company got what they wanted something to impeach Trump over and it should have never got that far.

But as I said it didn't happen in a vacuum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And speaking of the Jan. 6 "insurrection" it's been call an "armed" insurrection ad nauseam by the media. Not one of those arrested has been charged with gun possession. Unlike the thugs that attacked police stations and Federal Buildings during the summer, many of the 1/6 protestors are still behind bars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I saw that, they won't be able to do that...way too many people love to share their vacation photo's..and I can't imagine teachers would be able to resist.

6. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I love how GOP Senators that are more centrist in their views decide to retire and it is me stirring the pot as to why and the ramifications of such events.
    The GOP now has less broad appeal than ever in history due to Trump and all of his extreme supporters and those who support his Big Lie. Nobody in the middle believes that lie and wants to see it continued ad nausem as Trump and his deviously ambitious congressional supporters obviously do.

7. Terry O'Keefe

8. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.....

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

You know what I liked about my President Trump?....he was transparent. Unlike the current admin who wont even let one question get answered before they sweep granpa away for a nap. Pres Trump woulda answered questions for 30 minutes, and tell you what was going on. But Hillary, Barry, and Coma La dont want questions answered by papa joe, for the decisions they're making.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Gas at Costco was 1.99 for premium in Nov. Sits at 2.79 as of this post. My what a 1st hundred days we're having.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Anybody surprised yet? BTW, Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS Sec now, was the USCIS Sec about 7-8 years ago. A group of us employees met with him in 2013 for a 3 day symposium to develop a new personnel performance appraisal. My personal opinion is that he cant think for himself, so he's in the perfect "just listen to us" position.

• Like Like x 1
  12. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

What better way to lock down future elections than a multi part coordinated plan that includes:

Locking down your economy in the name of public safety creating national dependency
    Print $5.1T in a year and dole some of it out like methadone to individuals and businesses in the name of covid relief
    Simultaneously open your borders letting in a flood of undocumented immigrants
    Sign a flurry of Executive Orders clearing the path for no voter ID, lowering the voting age, nationalizing all elections down to the state level. extending the voting day to ten days
    Give all the illegals you let in money and voting rights and other bennies
    Keep your President under wraps, slightly more visible and animated than a statue to avoid scrutiny
    Secure your power center with troops, walls and razor wire for a visual display of control
    Hamstring your police in deference to the mob.

And just in case you are holding out hope that Biden is in control: Kamala Harris takes foreign calls on behalf of Biden (nypost.com)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If you were wondering about "equity" which seems to be the new catchphrase it means bringing us together by discriminating. Take farmers for instance. With Chinese retaliation for tariffs they had a difficult time for a while. Well the "bring us together" Biden administration has decided that the only farmers who need help are the black ones.
    The COVID-19 relief bill includes $5 billion in aid for farmers of color who have long faced discrimination by federal officials
    Just as the blue states are getting paid off for locking down their economies to influence the last election, blacks especially in Ga. are getting paid back. Let's not forget the aid to closed schools. Somehow you just know that that money will also find it's way back to those children loving teachers who've been sitting on their asses and still getting paid for the past year.

14. Terry O'Keefe

Ron DeSantis is all over the place. Article up on he won't allow "Critical Race Theory" to be taught in Fla schools. I really am so out of it on some of this stuff I didn't even know what that was...

"Let me be clear: There is no room in our classrooms for things like critical race theory," he continued. "Teaching kids to hate their country and to hate each other is not worth one red cent of taxpayer money."

DeSantis said, instead, Florida "will invest in actual, solid, true curriculum and we will be a leader in the development and implementation of a world-class civics education."

Critical race theory examines the way race and racism influence politics, culture and the law. According to Purdue University, critical race theory scholarship shows how racism continues to be persuasive and why it denies individuals their constitutional rights.

DeSantis condemns critical race theory, says it won't be taught in Florida classrooms

15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

This summer when you saw young women yelling obscenities at Black policemen, when you see young adults attacking Federal buildings and police stations, when you see crowds destroying statues even those of Teddy Roosevelt and Lincoln, you're seeing the consequences of letting leftist ideologues poison the minds of our youth. George wrote about 2 nieces who went to college and came hope infected with hate. Instead of teaching children about our history and appreciation of our government and culture, they're teaching lies about our past and instilling bitterness about our way of life. How anyone who was educated half a century ago about our country could accept this modern perversion of our heritage baffles me.

16. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

The oldest one who graduating with her Masters in Art Education is all over social media with her Progressive ******** and then her alter-ego is on LinkedIn trolling for a employment. I told my sister that social media is where employers go to do "background" checks these days and she passed it on but this young lady thinks everyone over 50 should be processed into Soylent Green. She is about to learn a harsh lesson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And the attack on whites continues. Now Senator Tammy Duckworth joined by Crazy Mazey from Hawii have indicated that they will no longer vote to approve the nomination to an administration post of anyone white. Once again we have members of Congress violating the laws that they write.
    Duckworth to vote ‘no’ on Biden picks unless they are minorities, LGBTQ
    You wonder about the sanity of the white voters who approve of these bigots being in Congress.

18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

32977.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

NO, It's not her fault!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And in case you refuse to believe that the Democratic Party has white Americans in its sights here's a new program in Oakland. Oakland Mayor Announces Basic Income Program, but Not For Poor White Families - California Globe
    The ingenious part is the way they've paved the way to denounce those that think that this is discriminatory. First whites are not entitled to financial help because they obviously have pissed away their privilege. If you object you're a "racist." If you object strongly you're a "White Supremacist."