Post election events

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by gipper, Jan 15, 2021.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Bob. It looks like ONCE AGAIN we were fed lies by the media and once again it reflected poorly on Trump. And of course once again the robots infected with TDS ate it up.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

There seems to already be a third political party.... that's the freak show of 1/3 Republicans in the GOP tent. You may now cast aside Mitch McConnell but he recognizes what a scourge to the GOP that the extremist, racist and conspiracy driven faction really is and he recently has done his best to discourage it by thoroughly denouncing Trump in his post vote commentary last Saturday and by calling Marjorie Taylor Greene and her crazy insane views a cancer to the party.
    On Sicknick the fact remains that the events of the riot caused his death and there were serious injuries incurred by many members of the Capitol Hill police force and it was very hard to look at the photo of one getting his eye gouged out and of the bloodied unfortunate one who was caught in the door screaming as the frenzied mob continually pushed against him. And that was a really nice touch erecting the hangman's noose on the Capitol porch for Pence.
    Seriously? You guys defend what happened on Jan. 6th??

3. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry...must have missed the post where "you guys defend what happened"...???

Guess nobody is allowed to try to look at facts and debunk falsehoods.

• Winner Winner x 5
  4. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

As we had riots all summer, lots of damage, stolen property and also injuries and deaths. More than one policeman was injured and/or died. Anyone here remember MCG or anyone of his ilk demanding justice for them?

What I remember is that people of MCG's thought process were very supportive then.

And what happened on Jan 6 should not be separated out from all those events. They all tie together.

Tom pegged MCG above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Motorcity Gator

Never have I supported any violence.....anywhere for any reason except for maybe exacting violent revenge on some radical Muslim ass from 9-11 or other such terrorists actions.
    But the "whatabout" comparison doesn't fly when it comes to an attack on our democratic election process and on our lawmakers while in session in the Capitol building trying to do their democratic duty of certifying a presidential election result.
    You won't find any Democratic lawmakers saying about those committing violence in the summer that they love them.... and they are special. Really.... Trump saw this on TV on Jan. 6th and then said that about them?

And you defend him..... when McConnell demonizes him for it.

6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

As I recall rioters in Portland used lasers to injure the eyes of police. Our current VP kept encouraging them and helped bail them out. Meanwhile Biden, Pelosi et. al were silent. It's only when they were the targets of riots that they really gave a ****. They can have a commission, hide behind fences and troops but rational Americans are getting their fill.

7. Motorcity Gator

I don't believe you can find one concrete example of any politician directly condoning the specific violence that you describe.
    Meanwhile: The ‘Shared Psychosis’ of Donald Trump and His Loyalists
    "the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol Building last week, incited by President Donald Trump, serves as the grimmest moment in one of the darkest chapters in the nation’s history. Yet the rioters’ actions—and Trump’s own role in, and response to, them—come as little surprise to many, particularly those who have been studying the president’s mental fitness and the psychology of his most ardent followers since he took office."
    "“Shared psychosis”—which is also called “folie à millions” [“madness for millions”] when occurring at the national level or “induced delusions”—refers to the infectiousness of severe symptoms that goes beyond ordinary group psychology. When a highly symptomatic individual is placed in an influential position, the person’s symptoms can spread through the population through emotional bonds, heightening existing pathologies and inducing delusions, paranoia and propensity for violence—even in previously healthy individuals. The treatment is removal of exposure."

8. Motorcity Gator

Polls show 58% of Americans think Trump should have been convicted of insurrection. That leaves 42% who felt otherwise. More violent self aggrandizing and divisive rhetoric coupled with the embrace of violence and conspiracy will not help Trump make up any of that ground and will more than likely doom some GOP senators and congressmen to lose in otherwise close 2022 races.
    McConnell is smart enough to know that even though a chicken **** like Graham can't get the balls to follow his lead.

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Kamala Harris
    @KamalaHarris

If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota.

To me people who need bail are those arrested for violence during protests. Bailing them out is a "concrete example of any politician directly condoning the specific violence."

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Motorcity Gator

I would agree if she did know they were arrested for violent acts.

https://www.startribune.com/51-arre...q-after-protesting-chauvin-release/572670582/

"There were 51 arrests made by various law enforcement agencies in connection with the protests, Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder said Thursday.

Elder said 49 of the arrests were for misdemeanor offenses. The Hennepin County jail log shows many were cited for unlawful assembly. One person was arrested for fourth-degree assault and one wanted on a felony warrant, he said."
    Looks like the felony warrant was probably outstanding and then there was the one 4th degree assault charge.

11. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

When the Senators were allowed to submit questions to the respective legal teams at the end of the fiasco impeachment on Saturday, Ted Cruz submitted a couple that that old fart Senator Leahy (masquerading as a Judge since the Supreme Court wanted nothing to do with this sham) refused to read into the record. The first was rhetorical; if we use the criteria for impeachment established by the House in this trial should we not begin the immediate process of pursuing impeachment against the current Vice President of the US ? The second; have any of the House Impeachment prosecutors ever had an improper relationship with a Chinese Communist spy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Dave, my post was in response to your claim to Gipper that Sicknick died from a blunt force injury administered to him by a Trump supporter. If you had taken the time to read the articles referenced in my reply including those from CNN and the NYT, you would see that this claim originated from the Capitol Police, was originally repeated nationwide by the mass media and most notably the NYT, but was later refuted by CNN with the NYT later issuing an ambiguous clarification that noted “the circumstances surrounding Mr. Sicknick’s death were not immediately clear...”.

I then cited to a series of tweets from Glen Greenwald which at its end offered a reasonable explanation of why the false fire extinguisher story remained the dominant narrative re Sicknick’s death for over 5 weeks:

“Lies that serve a political agenda just remain undisturbed because they’re useful and people like them.”

Clearly, CNN and Glen Greenwald cannot be classified as being a member of the “right wing media. Nor can Pro Publica which on January 8th cited to the union head of the Capitol Police stating that Sicknick died from a stoke.

After I posted, you wrote in response:

“On Sicknick the fact remains that the events of the riot caused his death...”

Can you cite to an authoritative medical examiner’s report or autopsy report that establishes what you claim to be fact is indeed a fact?

Lastly, you wrote after my post:

“Seriously? You guys defend what happened on Jan. 6th??“

Can you point to one word I have written here where I “defended” the mob that stormed the Capitol?

13. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, secession is a very real possibility in states where the people feel excluded from the political process. California is everyone's bad example, but it's not just them; New York and Illinois are also candidates for disintegration. In each case, public employee unions use their combination of tax money and electoral power to isolate themselves from independent workers who rely on private capital. There's a reason why Democrats of the past, such as Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman and John F. Kennedy hated public employee unions and warned of the threat they posed to democracy. They have an endless supply of tax money to create or destroy anything they want.

Here in the Golden State, there are at least five different sections of the state which have attempted to free themselves from the tyranny of San Francisco in the past. They're at it again as we speak, with an impeachment/recall of the current governor well underway and independence/secession movements in several counties, including the one that I live in...

So what happens if a state/states DOES secede? A lot of Californians want to do exactly that: especially in Frisco-Berkeley. Do we attack them? You can't send in the Marines; they're already here. How do you force someone to be loyal? How do you remove the traitors from our university system without destroying academic freedom? I don't know. We're becoming Venezuela and nobody seems to care as long as the system works for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If a state does secede just who pays Social Security benefits.

15. Motorcity Gator

Because the use of whataboutism is usually very inequitable and definitely is in this case I would like to see a room of impartial jurors judge the many words and actions of Trump in the months and days leading up to Jan. 6th and also the words he used on that day and the actions of his supporters that were videotaped in graphic brutal detail vs. all of the words.... limited as they were.. of Harris and video of the very specific events or event after those words. You think they would find the two equitable as was suggested by Cruz?
    Additionally..... way off tangent he brings up the Chinese spy issue? If we can't beat em at football what about badminton he says.

16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

First of all, you're obviously comfortable with someone who had an affair with a Chinese spy sitting on the House Intelligence Committee. If you can't remove that asshole, how do you try to remove a president who is no longer in office?
    Second, I read your link about the rioters arrested in Minn. That was OCTOBER 4 months after Harris's tweet. The fact is an estimated 1/2 BILLION dollars in damage was done the first 3 days. You can't get more "mostly peaceful" than that.

17. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Homicides are up 70% since Minneapolis vowed to defund it police. Now they are budgeting $6.4 million to hire cops. This is what happens when zealots runs the show. Not so woke, huh?

18. Motorcity Gator

I spent 31 years in Detroit. You will never find me on the side of defunding a police force.

19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

SO FUGGING WHAT...how is that a return serve of George's post?....or any of your last 20 fruitless retorts to on point comments on this post? Here's what I want you to realize Dave, your the monkey.

20. Motorcity Gator

Just agreeing with George's post AJ. I know it seems foreign to all of you here to agree with the other side but not everything has to be disagreeable.

I think it stinks when unarmed black men are murdered by police and changes need to be examined on how to safely prevent it but I think it's even more horrible when any police officer is killed for any reason in the line of duty. A strong well funded police force with proper training and management is the best way for any metro area to go.