Political insanity.... nothing new

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Pathetic is another word that fits.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Fractured Party: Trump-Fatigue Has Some in GOP Ready for Schism

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/courthouse-news-service/

"Donald Trump may not be president any longer, but the fissures created in the GOP over his single term have prompted a group of Republican lawmakers to call for the formation of a new political party.

First reported by Reuters, the preamble to a letter expected to be released Thursday will state: “When in our democratic republic, forces of conspiracy, division, and despotism arise, it is the patriotic duty of citizens to act collectively in defense of liberty and justice.”

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Another day another Trump post. Add it to the death and taxes list.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Dave can't quit, I imagine it's a bad day for him if he doesn't find a Trump story to rant about here.

5. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Let's let Gator Bill the mathematician handle the numbers here Dave....you will still retain your position as head BS shoveler.

6. Motorcity Gator

Rep. Andrew Clyde: Jan. 6th was like another "tourist visit"..... LMAO.

Has anyone of you seen the actual video footage of Jan. 6th? How can you stand being lied to by your representatives? Hey.... again it's members of your own party keeping Trump in the news.... not me.
    They are the ones wanting to form a new party in a push back to being led by the ousted Trump.

7. Gator Bill

You don't need my help with the math AJ, you have it completely right.
    Pathetic is a pretty good word also.

8. Motorcity Gator

Meanwhile.... while you're so concerned about my lone voice here on Skybox many Republicans have spoken out against the Big Lie..... including this Maricopa County elections official:
    "Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer took to Twitter to refute a statement in which Trump repeated unsubstantiated claims about the election and claimed, without evidence, that the "entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED!"

"This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms," Trump said.

Richer tweeted the statement, calling it "as readily falsifiable as 2+2=5."

"Wow. This is unhinged. I'm literally looking at our voter registration database on my other screen. Right now," he wrote. "We can't indulge these insane lies any longer. As a party. As a state. As a country."

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  9. Motorcity Gator

From another first cousin... a Florida State grad and obviously on the liberal side:
    upload_2021-5-17_10-22-29.jpeg

10. Terry O'Keefe

All you really want to talk about Dave is Trump. Why is that? He's not the President and while he could run in 2024, he's not going to overturn the 2020 election. He can claim all he want and whatever he wants about the election it's a free country and it's protected speech. But it seems to me that the "big lie" you can't stop talking about is being kept alive by liberals like you who seem to be unable to stop your Trump addiction.

Why don't you start a topic on the Bidens handling of the border crisis. That was supposed to be over when he took office, with a kinder gentler approach. Maybe you need to talk about Biden and Harris. They are currently running the country.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Motorcity Gator

I guess Terry it's because he is constantly in the news..... on every other form of media except conservative news such as Fox News and even on there too as long as it's not a story that would draw his ire. As George W. said..... "man that was some weird ****" .... and it continues ad nauseum it seems almost every day with the rebuke of Liz Cheney, the very strange and almost laughable Maricopa County "recount"and a constant barrage from Trump directed toward anyone that doesn't support his "stolen election" delusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Gator Bill

He can't help himself Terry. People do interchange with him but I don't think anyone takes him serious.

13. Terry O'Keefe

People like you Dave keep all this alive, along with the liberal media.

Again, you don't ever bring up Joe Biden and want to talk about him. The liberal media you view doesn't want to talk much about his cognitive problems and some of the embarrassing momemts he has, they were going nuts over the border when Trump was President and Biden was going to fix all of that, but it seems to me he's made it worse.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Ok everybody, I want to remind you that Uncle Dave's coming over today for the picnic....remember, no news on the TV, and keep all conversation to everything Gators.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Motorcity Gator

Yeah AJ my wife’s Trump supporting sister just came down for a visit and that’s how we were.... no politics just everything nice and fluffy... cause she wigs out if you say anything negative about her beliefs. Can’t hold a calm reasonable conversation with her before she’s all pissed off....

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Yeah, and those Conservatives will censor you on social media, call for you to be fired from your job, and claim you're a racist or White Supremacist.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Terry O'Keefe

The Michigan Governor violated her own directives recently. You can't find a mention of it on CNN of course. Had it been a Republican it would have been a headline. While of course FOX is blasting on their headlines. They certainly crucified Ted Cruz, but gave her a pass.

From Fox

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, the embattled Michigan Democrat who was hit with a recent ethics complaint after allegedly accepting a discounted private jet trip to Florida while cautioning residents against leaving the state, apologized Sunday after a photo emerged on social media that appeared to show her disregarding social distancing guidelines at a bar in the state.

The Detroit Free Press reported that the photo showed the governor with a large group at The Landshark Bar & Grill, which is in East Lansing. The paper pointed out that the group was unmasked and there seemed to be no social distancing.

"Yesterday, I went with friends to a local restaurant," Whitmer said in a statement obtained by the paper. "As more people arrived, the tables were pushed together. Because we were all vaccinated, we didn’t stop to think about it. In retrospect, I should have thought about it. I am human. I made a mistake, and I apologize."