Pelosi Headed to Taiwan

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

No Pelosi fan here, but I approve this move. GD Commies shouldn't be able to intimidate us on stuff like this. I hope they do mostly bloviate about her and her visit.

During a regular foreign ministry briefing Monday, China warned against the "egregious political impact" of Pelosi's planned visit to the self-governing island that China claims as a part of its territory and reiterated that its military "won't sit by idly" if Beijing feels its "sovereignty and territorial integrity" is being threatened.
    [​IMG]

Nancy Pelosi kicks off high-profile Asia trip with Singapore visit

"We would like to tell the US once again that China is standing by, and the Chinese People's Liberation Army will never sit idly by. China will take resolute responses and strong countermeasures to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity," Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters, when asked about the fallout from Pelosi leading a congressional delegation to Taipei.

Enter your email to sign up for CNN's The Point with Chris Cillizza.

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Saber rattling doesn't scare me in the least... when he talks about shutting down his ports to the US...
    You know sh!t is getting real.