One push is all it will take. (Franchise)

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Tailback, Apr 22, 2006.

1. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

weekly update TB?

2. Tailback

Tailback Guest

I've got a meeting set up for friday a week from tomorrow with an area developer. We're meeting in Winston-Salem NC. He will show me around that community. I set the meeting up for 2 reasons. 1) To give me an idea if I like that area and will consider moving there and starting it up. 2) To speed the process up. Let them know I'm ready to go! I've also called the franchisee that I'm interested in his area and told him not much progress has been made, but what I'm about to do. I will update next week.

3. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

TB.. how did meeting go yesterday? jif

4. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Back from Winston Salem NC

<t>The wife and I met with the area developer this past Friday and discussed what all is involved in becoming a franchisee of Firehouse Subs. He went over the UFOC with us and gave us an idea of how much we could expect to make. We spent the weekend looking over Winston Salem. For now he wants us to look over the UFOC and we'll talk further after we review it. I'm certain Winston Salem would be a great choice to open a Firehouse Subs, But I'm not completely sold on the area for myself. There will be plenty of areas that will come available, so I'll take my time in that regard. While I'm getting qualified for Firehouse Subs, I'm going to also look into Brusters Ice Cream. This way I can go with which ever suits me best, maybe both?</t>

5. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

Tread carefully TB. Firehouse has not cracked the top 500 yet. Subway is still #1 Quizno # 2 among all franchises. I have the complete list if you want it. jif

6. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Jif, Firehouse Subs average 620K in sales, blowing Quiznos away.

7. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

I dont think they are rating the top 500 on just gross sales..I think they take other things into consideration such as corporate support, national advertising, recognition, fees, start up costs, bottom line etc etc. I havent really studied what determines a 500 top ranking...but I know it is not solely gross sales. jif

8. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Jif, I know Quiznos has lots of unhappy franchisees, lots of stores up for sale. I'm not knocking them though. Maybe they have something good?

On another note I have an area in mind that I've mentioned to the area developer. It's in the North Ga. Mountains. Bill may know of the town? It's Helen Ga. It's 3rd largest tourist town in Ga behind Atlanta and Savanah. 1.7 million visitors a year. It would allow for me to live on my North Ga. farm. Should know something soon I hope.

9. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Tailback, I've been to Helen numerous times. It's a beautiful place.

The only question I would have is that I think Helen is seasonal location, how would that affect your decision?

Good luck

Gator Bill

10. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Gator Bill, I think 9 months out of the year sales would be off the charts, more than enough to make up for the 3 slow months.

11. Gator Bill

Helen would be a busier place than Franklin, but the country side is much the same as here. It's a beautiful part of the country.

12. Tailback

Tailback Guest

delete

13. Gator Bill

What was the delete all about Tailback?

14. Tailback

Tailback Guest

I tried to post a picture of where I would like to open this Sub shop, but it didn't work. I didn't have time to fix it as I was running late for work. So I just deleted the mess I made.

http://www.helenga.org/wursthaus/

15. Gator Bill

Thanks, I can delete the post if you want or leave it there for you if you get the picture.

16. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

TB or Jif.

I don't often go into Chick-fil-A but I can't help but notice that the people working there a big cut above the people working in Subway,BurgerKing, Duncan Donut, Canes, etc. Why is that?

Terry