Oh yeah There's a game on TV tonight isn't there?

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by kp, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Not that any Alabama fan gives a rats ass, they have the trophy!!

But...
    BCS ratiings

2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

But that is a big deal and will provide ever more incentive for a real NCAA sanctioned, authorized and endorsed football championship. There is hope.....

3. Terry O'Keefe

BT...you're boy Jim Delaney does not share your view. :roll:
    But he is in favor of eliminating automatic bids, which I hope they do, it's just nuts to have autobids with the current system. Best Teams should play, if for some reason your conference champion sucks then they shouldn't play in the top bowls.

4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I know that several of the school leaders have expressed their opposition and he's gotta parrot the company line so to speak.....however, just because more than one person has a dumb idea does not make it any less of a dumb idea.

It seems a no brainer that it would be in the best interest of the conference at least from an athletic standpoint.

In all seriousness, I think this year has provided alot of momentum to the reform movement.

5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Terry,

My avatar is supposed to be the Dome as the backboard for a BB rim & net. Not so obvious, huh?

I'm typing this on my cell phone. I'm in Chicago, going to the Blackhawks game tonight with my college roommate, who has season tickets.

6. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Sid,

What does she look like now?? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist the comment!

7. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

8)

I thought it was a Tiki hut for Irish voodoo rituals...

8. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Pretty amazing game from the standpoint of how Alabama dominated. Obviously they were out to avenge the loss earlier in the season. If their had a better FG kicker they would have won that one.

I am looking forward to moving to a playoff system and at this point would be happy with a plus one.

I would say this though, that if those two teams had not been matched against each other in the first round then most likely they would have met in the final anyway.

Well it's about 3 weeks until National Signing day, 3 months until the Gator Orange and Blue game, and 9 months until the Gators play Texas A & M in our SEC opener.

9. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Thanks again

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Okay I am going to respond on travel using my new Kindle Fire. I like Terry's comment about the best programs being in. I think that happened this year. Next, oddly enough, the SEC initially proposed the Plus1. Now to the game, I know it seems funny but The BCSCG was almost identical to the regular season game...except Alabama made more field goals this time. LSU only scored 6 points in regulation in the 1st game and they didn't score any in this one. Alabama made 5 of 7 this time and added a TD, and again Terry is correct, I could care less about the ratings. If you want some great ratings, let's have a playoff! Also,as to the matter of Alabama thanking Iowa State, I agree, however I guess I also have to thank Ole Miss for losing to us, because that is about the equivalent level of competition. Unmmm, this Kindle Fire is not to bad. :wink: :wink:

11. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

kp,

I wrote you an email, but I'm not sure it got sent. If so, this post is redundant. I'm just curious how you feel about your Kindle Fire. I'm considering buying either a Kindle Fire or a Barnes & Noble Nook.

12. Terry O'Keefe

I don't own either, but for 199$ I don't see how you can go wrong with the Kindle Fire. While I don't mean to say 199$ is nothing but it's by far the cheapest tablet out there, so if you don't like you haven't invested a ton of money.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and in the WiFi verision it's 699$ retail. Samsung makes one the same size as the Fire and it's 499$ retail.

edit: IMHO the only thing against the Fire is that you can not buy a version that allows you to connect to the internet when WiFi is not available. With 3G or 4G service on an iPad or Android Tablet you get from Verizon or AT&T, you can connect even when you don't have wifi, say when you are riding down the highway as a passenger of course. I opted for the 4G service, don't use it that much but it's there when I need it.

13. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Sid,
    Terry is correct. This is my first tablet and for $199 it is a good deal. I am typing this toyou now on it. I am still researching things but it is a great reader, it has a lot of interesting game apps. Looking at complicated websites takessome getting used to. For $79 a year you can get Amazon Prime which gets you some free books and movies and the FireComes with one month free prime so you can try it out. Bottom I like it. I wish it had 4G, but not for 3 or 4hundred additional dollars. Let me know if you have any questions

14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. Kp, Your information is a big help to me. Thanks.