Occupy Wall Street Demands

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 5, 2011.

1. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    (LA Times) — Los Angeles officials have offered Occupy L.A. protesters a package of incentives that includes downtown office space and farmland in an attempt to persuade them to abandon their camp outside of City Hall, according to several demonstrators who have been in negotiations with the city.

The details of the proposal were revealed Monday during the demonstration’s nightly general assembly meeting by Jim Lafferty, an attorney with the National Lawyers Guild who has been advocating on behalf of the protest since it began seven weeks ago.

Lafferty said city officials have offered protesters a $1-a-year lease on a 10,000-square-foot office space near City Hall. He said officials also promised land elsewhere for protesters who wish to farm, as well as additional housing for the contingent of homeless people who joined the camp.

A spokesman for the mayor would not comment on the proposal, saying only: “We are in negotiations with organizers of Occupy L.A.”

Los Angeles has been one of the most accommodating cities in the nation for its Occupy encampment.

2. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Heh: Occupiers Suing Each Other Over Business Rights To Occupy Boston…
    [​IMG]
    (Boston Herald) — A bitter battle over the business rights to Occupy Boston has two warring factions of the revolutionary group headed to court next week.

“We want to take Occupy Boston back,” said plaintiff Paul Carnes, who claims he was an original Occupier and now is accusing four other tent city residents of breach of contract, inflicting emotional distress and violating the state’s consumer protection law.

Carnes, represented by Winchester lawyer William Mansfield, filed the three-count compliant against David Kelston and three others in Suffolk Superior Court on Friday.

Kelston told the Herald last night the suit is “groundless. Very groundless. There was a mediated agreement that was reached and FAWG (Occupy’s Financial Accountability Working Group) has upheld that agreement.”

Carnes said he took the legal step to protect the business entity known as Occupy Boston to stop the other faction from getting too much power.

Carnes, 27, said he is living in Dorchester and was writing a book on revolutions when he first learned through the Internet hacking group Anonymous about the Occupy movement.

“I was told about Occupy months and months ahead of time,” he said. “I didn’t think it would happen, but when it did, I cut off everything I was doing, and got over there and on the ground.”

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Have to laugh my ass off on that one...farming is real work and I doubt if any of those yahoo's want any part of that.

4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Montana Bear Tragedy
    This is a very sad story about a bear...Everybody should heed the warnings not to feed wildlife because they become dependent and don't forage for themselves any longer. It is such a tragedy to see what has been done to our country's wildlife. The photo below captures a disturbing trend that is beginning to affect U.S. wildlife.

[​IMG]

Animals that formerly were self-sufficient are now showing signs of belonging to the Democrat Party. They have apparently learned to just sit and wait for the government to step in and provide for their care and sustenance. This photo is of a black bear in Montana turned Democrat. He's nicknamed Bearack Obearma. It is believed that he has become a campground organizer.

5. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My only question to this guy is did he work in paint shop at one time because he had his technique down perfectly in guaranteeing coverage. :roll:

6. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member