OBVIOUSLY KENNY ROGERS IS A ROLLING STONES FAN...

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN, Oct 23, 2006.

1. TheSwampSince82

TheSwampSince82 New Member

Baseball dosent want another cheating scandal..this will all be dealt with behind closed doors.

I find it funny just because your a Tigers fan that you defend this jerk and squint your eyes when you look at those pictures..because you are in complete denial.

Just throwing these things out here...Some may be ridiculous and I by no means think that any of them could be proven..but they are just some theories from other sites or espn etc.

- Cardinal Fans had noticed that Rogers kept rubbing his hand under his hat every time he pitched. Pitchers had been known to keep these substances in hats, pants, gloves etc. This was also brought up on Cold Pizza..as they also noticed that Rogers was suspiciously reaching into his hat very often.

-Pudge Rodriguez threw at least 10-12 balls out of play without the ump seeing them, including Spiezio's foul tip in the 6th where Pudge LEAPT from the box to keep the ump from picking it up.

- Rogers, when going to or leaving the mound, kept his glove pointing pocket-up as though there was something in it that might fall out.

- Cardinal players complained that he should of inspected and that they saw these marks on the ball..but didnt want to get into it.

-LaRussa..being great friends with Jim..didnt want to make a big deal out of this.

Basically the point that these people are making..is that it is possible he was still cheating even after the 1st inning.

On Espn..a poll had 49/50 states thinking that Kenny Cheated. The lone state that was on Kennys side...Michigan :lol:

2. TheSwampSince82

One Cardinals player said that reserve outfielder John Rodriguez showed him balls that were discolored.

"I can't comment on that," Rodriguez said. "Tony's not talking about it. I'm definitely not talking about it."

Did La Russa institute a gag order?

"You listen to your boss?" Rodriguez asked.

-FoxSports

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So what's your proof?
    Dan Patrick said....
    A poll of fans...
    How he carries his glove....
    Pictures with nothing in them..
    What do your tea leaves and ouija board tell you.
    Hey how about he's just pitching great theory? Probably never though of that.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

This is a tailor made thread for El JO'Co! He hates hitters! :)

I'm surprised so many of you remember Mike Scott, and yes the Dodgers should remember him I believe he no hit them on the last day of the season to force a playoff and then Phil Niekro finished them off. That had to be mind boggling, facing Mike Scotts "scuffed, cut, whatever" pitch one day and then Phil's junk which I sure was all completely legal and that emery board was strictly to keep his finger nails well trimmed!! :)

Terry

5. TheSwampSince82

Are the pictures not clear enough for you. You keep dodging the fact that he used pinetar and claim that the pictures show nothing.... or are just pure coincidence that he would have this lump of dirt on his hands during the entire postseason and several regular season games. You act like hes only been seen with it once. What about the ALCS??.. The yankees series??..the regular season games??..is that a different substance all together??

I never said I believed any of those theories...I just threw them out there because thats what some people may think. You and I both know he cheated...time to man up and admit it. Its hilarious that your still at the point of denying that he ever used anything... and denying that those other pictures of previous games showed anything.

6. TheSwampSince82

You still havent answered my question....I'll put it in bold letters for you

Do you find it a coincidence that hes had a pine-tar like substance on the same spot on his hand for the entire postseason??

7. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

You mean Joe Niekro !

Now Joe was legit. He threw a knuckle ball, and knuckle curve but could also throw a fastball on occassion. Joe wasn't a cheetah. Scott yes!!!!!

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It's major league baseball. Players know if a guys throwing something loaded up. Not one complaint in the AL playoffs. Not one baseball found with anything. The fact is there was nothing. DO YOU FIND IT A COINCIDENCE THAT THERE WERE NO OTHER COMPLAINTS???
    Are we back to pine tar, banzine or do we take a poll?
    First figure out what substance you're talking about. Or doesn't it matter? Then find me a baseball with the substance on it. Then, you might have some proof.

9. TheSwampSince82

Still waiting for an answer....its pretty clear it was pine-tar... and if not it sure as hell is something that hes using for his advantage.

Seeing the jerk that Kenny is..i would not be suprised that he wiped his a$$ before everygame without the use of toiletpaper..further explaining the dirty marks on his hand. That could be a theory as well...if you want to add in the great pitching one.

The guys a cheater...plain and simple. The only reason your still defending him is because hes pitching great for you guys and hes a key member of your team.

10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I've done a little research on pine tar and pitchers. It seems that it's been quite common and today, pitchers still admit that in cold weather they use pine tar to improve their grip. Unlike slippery substances like Slippery Elm, pine tar does not cause a ball to react unusually like a spitter. The reason it was "outlawed" was that it resulted in dirt accumulating on the baseball making it harder to see.
    For the last time show me evidence that one ball had pine tar on it, just one. You can't. Weaver pitched the same ball that ended the top of the inning but didn't report any. Loading up the baseball is against the rules. Show me one loaded up baseball just one. You don't have any. Put up or shut up.

11. TheSwampSince82

So have you changed your tune and admitted that he used pine-tar. Are the pictures becoming more clear to you?? Glad to see you manned up finally and admitted your boys a cheater.

Do you honestly think these advantages hes been using have nothing to do with him pitching the best baseball of his career at 41.

Cant wait till they ask Kenny about having the same clump of dirt in all of his postseason starts??What will he say then...another lie..most likely.

See, it wasn't just his pitching hand that Rogers soiled on Sunday night. It was, regrettably, his whole sport. And that's a stain that will take a lot longer to wash off. -espn

12. TheSwampSince82

"Anytime you can get a better grip on the ball," pointed out Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, "you increase velocity and the spin on the ball

The Ump supervisor being interviewed on Mike and Mike was asked how was it that he had dirt on the same spot on his hand in every single one of his postseason starts.

He replied that Rogers is a pitcher..and that pitchers are creatures of habits.. and that he alwyas puts the dirt in the same spot on his hand. Mike and Mike were laughing hysterically at his reponse.

Whether it was a huge deal or not..he was caught. He should be suspended the rest of the series. Mabye next time he uses it..he shouldnt make it so obvious.

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'm not changing my tune. Having a direty, or pine tar hand is not illegal. Loading up the ball is. For the last time, show me a loaded ball.
    Some batters who are facing a pitcher on a cold day probably hope he has enough of a grip on the ball so that it doesn't slip at the wrong time.

So now to
    Dan Patrick said...
    There was a poll...
    BS photos....
    We can add Mike and Mike laughing at an ump supervisor as part of the incredible pile of crap you've given for proof.

14. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I think its perfectly normal for a pitcher who has spent the majority of his career as a human pinata, a pitcher who virtually everyone in the league is battting .350 or better against, a pitcher who rarely saw a playoff game past the third inning suddenly, at the age of 42, become dominant to the point whre he is almost unhittable, spinning off 23 scoreless innings in the post season.

You guys got a problem with that? :wink:

15. TheSwampSince82

"I don't believe it was dirt," they heard the St. Louis manager say. "Didn't look like dirt."

BS photos?? What arent you seeing. He clearly has the same marks below his thumbs in all of his postseason starts and several regular season ones.

16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Hey George
    By that logic, Pudge who was MVP in the last series and is hitless must be hitting against pitchers who are all cheating.

17. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

if you have a problem with any of this

<t>you have a man-gina.<br/>
    <br/>
    its the world series. they would protect that before they'd worry about someone loading up the ball.<br/>
    <br/>
    to suggest otherwise is foolish.<br/>
    <br/>
    thank god they only televise the world series. otherwise, this never would have been uncovered before.</t>

18. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

In this photo we see Joe being dispatched to St. Louis with instructions from King George to "bring Kenny back to the dark side".

[​IMG]

19. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Been there. Done that. Dog would not hunt.

20. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

A class response from Tony LaRussa, whose professionalism in this situation is a credit to the game...........