OBVIOUSLY KENNY ROGERS IS A ROLLING STONES FAN...

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN, Oct 23, 2006.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

BTW
    The link does have a story attached. Here's part of it
    QED ********!!!

2. TheSwampSince82

TheSwampSince82 New Member

Whats your point?? What does that have to do with him not having the pine-tar on his hand. You act like Rogers is the only pitcher to ever shutout a team for 7 innings or so.

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

You point is I assume
    1. The the dark spot is pinetar (unproven)
    2. That he needs the pinetar to cheat (unproven)
    3. That without pinetar he would not be as effective (proven to be untrue.)

4. TheSwampSince82

Just explain to me this...Do you find it a coincidence that he had the same dark colored substance under this thumb three different times. We have seen it three times...who knows how many times hes used it throughout the playoffs or the season. I have nothing against the Tigers...and I actually respect them a great deal. But Kenny Rogers cheated...plain and simple. The Rules are the rules. He should be suspended for the rest of the WC. You cant make an exception just because hes Kenny Rogers.

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

OK what rule did he violate. Is there a "no pitching with dirty hands" rule? He why don't you claim it was hash or crack and get him indicted by the US Attorney.

6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I love it!!!!!

An old-fashioned down-home argument over pine tar. With the Gipper vs. the Loose Cannon as the participants! This is what I was talking about. Controversy. Intrigue. Did he or didn't he? I love this game!

By the way, Bobda,
    Uh....yeah........that's it......a combination of dirt, moisture, and resin.......That's what it was.

John Lovitz

7. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Hey did he slug the Fox Camera man? Surprised he didn't. :)

8. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

It is curious that they have it on film in all three postseason games he has pitched recently......hmmm :twisted:

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Even more curious is that fact that supposedly after one inning Cards reportedly thought that the ball was moving "funny." This after Rogers had pitched against the Yanks and As with no complaits. Ummmm.

10. TheSwampSince82

Want some more evidence.....check out these pictures :lol:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/photos/B/ba446b11-5208-4830-aee5-c525d7238979.html?SITE=NYROR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.mlb.rogers/content.10.html

Is it still dirt my friend..:wink:

11. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

This looks like crappy evidence.

Something doesn't smell right !

12. TheSwampSince82

We have seen the "big clump of dirt" in 5 different games...its amazing how Rogers never seems to see it. He cant even get his story right about the what the umpires said to him.

Just throwing this out there...Dan Patrick said on his show that Rogers had Benzoin on his hand and even if it wipes off..its still there. Not to mention..several Cardinal players saw these marks on the balls throughout the entire game.

GO CARDS :twisted:

13. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

One thing for certain, suddenly Rogers is pitching the best ball of his life? And if he isn't cheating, then he's in the head of the Cardinals.

I doubt if any of you guys remember an Astros pitcher named Mike Scott, he had a couple of years with the Astro's where he was nearly unbeatable. But the opposition was convinced that he was cheating by cutting the ball with a fingernail. The Reds were especially convinced, they used to save balls from when he pitched against them and try and convince umps that there were scuff marks and cuts on the balls. Never did, but the Reds esp were affected and he had a great record against them. They couldn't quit whining and just play ball, always thinking conspiracy first, hit ball 2nd.

Maybe it's the same thing.

14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I remember Mike Scott. Heckuva pitcher.

15. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

boo hoo

<t>people never wanted to do anything about loaded bats or steroids but God help us if the pitcher has pine tar on his hand.<br/>
    <br/>
    They idea is to report the news, not make it. Tim McCarver has more of a dog in this fight than I. However, I have always thought he was an asshat.</t>

16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Well, which is it benzoin or pinetar? Or does someone who doesn't know **** want to make up another substance. Still not too late for hash or crack.
    Oh and by the way, most of those pictures don't show anything as far as I'm concerned.

17. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

p.s.

<t>I do think it was nice of them, or at least more hygenic, that they made him wash his hands before he jammed that ball any further up their rear ends. I'm glad to see it paid off for the Cards.<br/>
    <br/>
    Do we get to institute post-game piss tests for some of those Cards players?</t>

18. Bear Down Rick

Bear Down Rick Active Member

I remember Mike Scott very well. Threw a good cut fastball :wink: Wasn't he also accused of using his belt buckle to scuff the ball?

As far as Kenny Rogers - it's not against the rules for a pitcher to use pine tar, it's against the rules for a pitcher to get caught using pine tar, and he hasn't that I'm aware of.

Right and wrong is all the same when baby needs new shoes. It isn't how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose.

19. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

I remember Mike Scott. He started out with the Mets. He absolutely stunk!
    He had nothing, no fastball, no curve, he was just barely hanging on in the majors. He then got traded to the Astros and a few years later learned the spitter from Roger Craig and had 3-4 great years.

No one ever believed that he threw a true splitter. There was way too much action on his ball. I don't remember if Pinella was managing the Reds before he threw out his arm, but I do remember the scuffed balls. It wasn't just the Reds who collected all those scuffed balls, I believe the Dodgers did too.

He was a cheetah !! :lol:

20. GORT

GORT New Member

Does anyone remember the movie naked gun?

When frank drebban was the ump for the game and he checked out the pitcher and he had all kinds of illeagal contraband on him. yeah thats what the game reminded me of lol. I missed the beginning of the game so I missed out on that. but after hearing about it thats what i thought of.