Numbers not good for Trump and the GOP 2024

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, May 27, 2021.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Well Dave, at least I didn't believe that Hillary was going to win in a landslide, and I didn't believe in Russian Collusion, I didn't believe that the Muller investigation was going to find anything on Trump like you and millions of Trump haters did. As to the election, I'm just not comfortable knowing that Americans elected a mentally compromised, corrupt politician who campaigned by hiding in his basement. Then again there are millions like you.
    As to the legal challenges to the election understand that many cases were dismissed on procedural grounds such as the suit brought by Texas that was heard in the Supreme Court. The court intimidated by radicals in government who wanted any excuse to pack the court ruled that Texas didn't have standing to challenge the electoral rules in other states like Michigan. There was no ruling on any evidence. Incidentally in March the Michigan Court of Claims agreed with Republicans that the election rules adopted by their bureaucrats regarding the validation of mail in ballots was illegal. The same decision could be reached regarding the election rules instituted by the state's Secy. of St. in Penn. who in violation of the US Constitution adopted election rules without them being adopted by the state legislature. The big problem presented to courts in a situation like this is determining if there is a viable remedy. For instance, if the ballots cast in PA. were not valid, was the court going to invalidate hundreds of thousands of ballots cast by voters believing that they were voting legally? By that time the election was a fait accompli.
    I don't know why those challenging the vote in Atlanta didn't have any evidence. Perhaps it's related to the fact that Republican poll watchers were sent home because of an alleged "water main break" and then counting resumed after they left. The best way to commit a crime is to make sure there are no witnesses.
    If Trump's opponents hadn't run two bogus Impeachments, hadn't dug up a completely bogus dossier alleging that he colluded with Russia, if they hadn't ran a completely unfounded two year investigation based on the dossier, I might believe that the left wouldn't dare fix an election. But they're so corrupt, so disrespectful of this country and it laws, that I can't rule out the possibility. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm grounded in reality.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Gipper you have a long history I would think as a lawyer of knowing the penalties for submitting false evidence in a court room. Given the 63 opportunities to make a legal.... evidenced backed case for overturning 7 million votes..... (quite an ambitious across state lines concerted stolen election effort)...
    you would think that such a broad legal effort would uncover evidence that would prove your case in at least one of those 63 courts. Of course if you could not produce any admissible legal evidence then it makes sense you would whiff in all 63 courts.

3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

OMG.....Laces out...

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Didn't the same kind of denial come out about the origins of the virus in the beginning, and the truth is slowly coming out?

5. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

At least you start out with an element of truth.

You do truly hate and you are impossible to talk with.

6. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

it wasn't what Hillary said in conceding...it was the actions of the Democrats like yourself who immediately jumped to trying to impeach the President, to encourage electors to ignore the mandates of the voters who voted for Trump and go to the Electoral College and vote for Clinton.

In the 2016 United States presidential election, ten members of the Electoral College voted or attempted to vote for a candidate different from the ones to whom they were pledged.[1] Three of these votes were invalidated under the faithless elector laws of their respective states, and the elector either subsequently voted for the pledged candidate or was replaced by someone who did.[2][3][4] Although there had been a combined total of 155 instances of individual electors voting faithlessly prior to 2016 in over two centuries of previous US presidential elections, 2016 was the first election in over a hundred years in which multiple electors worked to alter the result of the election.[1]

As a result of the seven successfully cast faithless votes, the Democratic Party nominee, Hillary Clinton, lost five of her pledged electors while the Republican Party nominee and then president-elect, Donald Trump, lost two. Three of the faithless electors voted for Colin Powell while John Kasich, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and Faith Spotted Eagle each received one vote. The defections fell well short of the number needed to change the result of the election; only two of the seven defected from the winner, whereas 37 were needed to defect in order to force a contingent election in Congress (a tally of less than 270).[5]

It continued with a never ending attempt by the Democrats to impeach Trump and overturn the election results.

Talk about not respecting the will of the people, even if you don't like the outcome. The efforts by some to change the outcome is a fruitless task, they are not going to overturn the election. It's just not happening nor should it at this point. Yet you continue to spread the fear that the election is going to be undone, that our democracy will be undone, that Trump will be a dictator and President for life or some such nonsense. It just reflects your irrational fear of Trump.

7. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

You read this?
    "As a result of the seven successfully cast faithless votes, the Democratic Party nominee, Hillary Clinton, lost five of her pledged electors while the Republican Party nominee and then president-elect, Donald Trump, lost two. Three of the faithless electors voted for Colin Powell while John Kasich, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and Faith Spotted Eagle each received one vote. The defections fell well short of the number needed to change the result of the election; only two of the seven defected from the winner, whereas 37 were needed to defect in order to force a contingent election in Congress (a tally of less than 270).[5]

Looks to me like Hilary was screwed out of 5 votes while only gaining 2 so she had a net loss of 3 voters. Now I'm not a math guru like my eldest son but that looks to me like the Democratic nominee came out on the short end of that voting sham endeavor.

9. Motorcity Gator

I do notice the date of that article is Sept 2019..... so the election went down and the concessions were offered up by the loser at the time of the election... concessions which are so important to the peaceful transiton of power in our way of government. With regard to impeachment..... don't count me in the crowd that wanted that..... I thought it had zero chance of success and therefore was just a stupid possibly inciteful idea.
    The more I see defense of the stolen election lie from an educated crowd like this one here the more concerned I get for the future of our country.

10. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Sounds like a good reason for you to find another forum. You seem to think you are the smartest guy on the block and the rest of us are dolts.

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Imagine Dave 15 skilled prosecutors plus another 15 staff members and numerous FBI agents investigating Trump for 2 yrs. and came up with NOTHING. Compare that multi-millions of dollars boondoggle with a task that had just weeks to prepare in numerous jurisdiction most of which were politically hostile. But it served the purpose of getting the dumb folk to believe that there really was some merit to the Russian collusion claim. If only the outrage at attacks on our democracy then were heard from those who are now so righteous ( this means YOU!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Sorry Dave,...you are (deliberately, I think) twisting and ignoring what is being said here for the most part. I don't see a lot of claims here about the stolen election (ok...some)...just that it ain't only Republicans playing that game. Hillary has NEVER gracefully conceded a damn thing. Y'all started it with the Florida chad thing in 2000 and now act like your **** don't stink.

13. Motorcity Gator

The equalism just ain't equal Stu..... seriously? You have an ex-president saying he expects to be reinstated to the presidency in August.... inciting a riot inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6th and continuing to inflame those violent supporters by claiming almost daily that the election was stolen when he has zero proof of that. THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR EQUAL..... this is an unprecedented attack on our democracy.

That's like saying I crushed his skull into pieces because he stepped on my toe!

And regardless if Trump could personally be tied to Russian interference in that election..... and unlike any proof of 2020 election fraud..... there was proof of that Russian interference in the 2016 election:
    "Below are key findings of the U.S. Senate intelligence committee’s final report released on Tuesday about Russian efforts to influence the 2016 U.S presidential election in which Republican Donald Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton.
    The bipartisan report, three-and-a-half years in the making, found Russia used Republican political operative Paul Manafort, the WikiLeaks website and others to try to influence the 2016 election to help now-U.S. President Donald Trump’s campaign."
    Factbox: Key findings from Senate inquiry into Russian interference in 2016 U.S. election

“The Committee found that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian effort to hack computer networks and accounts affiliated with the Democratic Party and leak information damaging to Hillary Clinton...”

Moscow’s intent was to harm the Clinton Campaign, tarnish an expected Clinton presidential administration, help the Trump Campaign after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, and undermine the U.S. democratic process.”

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

There have been numerous articles revealing that the 1/6 protestors were planning going to the Capitol weeks in advance of the incident. Yet as you always do Dave you completely misrepresent reality. Meanwhile the "source" of the Trump assertion is non other than the same media slime that spent 2 years spreading lies about the Russian collusion. But just as with every other ******** lie that they've come up with you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

15. Motorcity Gator

Not sure of your point on Jan. 6th Gipper.
    Obviously Trump did nothing in advance of the insurrection other than to flame it further by claiming it was going to be a "special day". He very well knew what was coming and only wanted it bigger and more violent than it was. And he was pissed that VP Pence would not reverse the election results that day.... in a completely autocratic and undemocratic maneuver if he had done so.

You only have to listen to what Trump says incessantly about the Big Election Lie. No assertions are necessary as he finds plenty of podiums from which to keep spouting off.

16. Bobdawolverweasel

So why is the date important? The point is that although you claimed you could not recall “anything other” than H gracefully conceding the election, it us pretty clear that she clearly retracted that concession by later claiming the election was stolen from her. The fact that she claimed the election was stolen as the next presidential campaign was starting to heat up does not seem to advance the cause seeking voters to trust the democratic process.

Also H raised the issue of contesting the 2016 election in 2017 but maintained she wanted to see if Mueller would find Russian/Trump collusion.

Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election | CNN Politics

Mueller did not find collusion but that did not deter her from later claiming the election was stolen.

Also, please cite to where I engaged in the “defense of the stolen election lie.”

17. Motorcity Gator

Well Bobda..... the transition to Trump was peaceful and orderly.... even though the race was much much closer than Biden's big win. Electoral votes were similar but in battleground states like Michigan the margin of Trump's win was very very close.
    After the Russians were proven guilty of election meddling who could blame Clinton for grousing about the integrity of the 2016 election.

18. Bobdawolverweasel

1. Still waiting for you to cite to any comment I made in the past that supports your assertion, made in your reply to my Hilary post, that I engaged in the “defense of the stolen election lie.” I am not inclined to let people lie about my past comments go by idly.

2 While I think the storming of the Capitol was a wretched and stupidly conceived attack on our democracy, your assertion that the transition from Obama to Trump was peaceful and orderly conflicts with reality.

A BBC article on inauguration day:

Limo blazes amid anti-Trump protests

CNN

Police injured, more than 200 arrested at Trump inauguration protests in DC | CNN Politics

Wikipedia entry regarding civic protests following inauguration day
    3. Interesting how you blithely excuse away a former presidential candidate’s anti democratic claim that her election was stolen from her as mere grousing and justified by Russian meddling even though the Mueller report did not find a causal relationship between Russian meddling and Trump’s victory. Yet, you rail at Trump supporters for claiming election theft due to their failure to provide proof showing a causal nexus between claims of voter fraud and Biden’s victory. Interesting display of hypocritical analysis as is your anguish over Russian meddling when your heroine did seem OK with the idea of rigging elections in other countries as long as we did the rigging.

Recording released of Clinton suggesting rigging Palestinian election

BTW, before you falsely label me a Putin apologist, I will just note that I am not a Putin enthusiast but would point out that our country and other major nations have also in the past attempted to influence foreign elections and wonder if someone outraged by foreign meddling is similarly unhappy when the US is the protagonist.

Foreign electoral intervention - Wikipedia

4. Your assertion that the 2016 race was closer than Biden’s “big” victory and that the narrowness of the victory somehow justifies H’s claim of election theft is contrafactual. Clearly, both Democratic candidates handily won the popular vote. But, since our elections are based on the electoral college, an analysis shows both victories were stunningly narrow when seen in that context. Clinton lost Pa, Mich, and Wi by a combined 78k votes. Had she won those states, she wins. But, as pointed out in a Washington Post article on 11/19/20, had T won the following states listed below, the election would have gone to the US House on a 269/269 tie and Trump would have likely prevailed since the Republicans held more presidential districts. The margin of victory as listed in that article is as follows:

Arizona: 10,457; Georgia: 14,028;Wisconsin: 20,565. Total: 45,050

19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Dave, you never said if you liked my coffee cup or not.

20. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

You guys are wasting your time with MCG. He lives in an alternate reality and isn't going to change.