Notre Dame Winter.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

As Sid predicted Drayk Bowen has been named Indiana Mr. Football. Jack Kiser was Indiana Mr. Football after his senior year as well in 2018 along with 2012 winner Jaylon Smith. All have turned out well for the Irish, I hope that is the future for Drayk as well.

2. Terry O'Keefe

Question for Krebs. I'm watching the Bills/Dolphins it's really cold and there are the obligitory shots of fans with their shirts off in the sub frezzing weather. See those same shots in games at NE, Jets, Giants, Green Bay, Pittsburg, and Cleveland. Back in the day when you were a big Jets fan and attended games were you one of those guys? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I was never a participant in the shirtless antics. But back in the day when I was a Jets season ticket holder I witnessed things that would have left a lesser man emotionally scarred for life. Attendance at a Jets game is a descent to a level of hell that few can conceive.

4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Re: George's Jets post, I owned Colts season tickets in the late 80s-early 90s. Over time I developed a similar feeling about the game environment. That, and the fact that the Colts were terrible and we lived two hours away in Fort Wayne. I let them go.

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

George is a Johnny come lately. I used to go to the Polo Grounds to watch the Titans play.

6. George Krebs

I was at a Colts v Jets game at the Meadowlands sometime in the late 90's in mid-December. It was a cold, windy day and there could not have been more than 5000 people in the stadium. It was a horrible game... the final score was like 6-3. I don't think there was 300 yards worth of offense total between the two teams. People were yelling across the field to each other from their seats. At one point I retreated to the Men's room to warm up more than anything. On two urinals there were tickets to the final Jets home game and the people had scribbled Free to a Good Home.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Terry O'Keefe

Didn't get to watch the whole game Irish Women vs Va.Tech as I was playing probably my last golf round of the year. But I did catch the 4th quarter and the women just buckled down and nearly shut them out with great defense and they also got inside for a lot of points. They were 1-8 from 3pt land and still won going away at Blacksburg. Great win for the ladies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Terry O'Keefe

Irish Men lose by 15 to Georgia. Things really looking bleak for the team right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

QB Dante Moore thought to be a silent ND commit but committed to Oregon has now flipped to ….. UCLA. If I were UCLA I wouldn’t count on him playing until he’s actually on the field under center in a UCLA uniform. No wait, he could transfer right before they broke the huddle!
    College football today is an absolute hideous representation of what it should be.
    $$$$$$$$$

10. George Krebs

Follow the money trail. This kid is chasing bucks. No allegiance to anyone. Still a couple of days left, he may flip again.

11. Tim Gentry

I know how he is just a kid but would you really want him on your team? Maybe he will learn some lessons but for now and for me....If he asked to go to ND now I would tell him no BUT, that's just me.

12. Terry O'Keefe

Good Luck Drew.

Drew Pyne, one of the top available quarterbacks in the NCAA transfer portal, is transferring to Arizona State from Notre Dame, he announced Monday.

Pyne visited ASU over the weekend, according to sources, and clicked with first-year head coach Kenny Dillingham. Pyne appreciated Dillingham's work in developing Bo Nix at Oregon last year and was attracted to the program's new energy and playing for a quarterback-friendly head coach.

According to sources, Pyne also felt the momentum building within the program.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Terry O'Keefe

From what I'm reading the Irish are conceding that Jayden Limar the Washington RB is likely to flip to Oregon on signing day. Not so for Peyton Bowen, there still seems to be a sliver of hope that he will stick with his ND committment.

14. Tim Gentry

I have no clue who's comitting tomorrow???????

15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If a player switches school 3 times before signing day, just how long will he stay out of the portal if he doesn’t start or gets benched?

16. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

What is 4 1/2 weeks Gipper. I mean Alex.

17. George Krebs

I think you know the answer to that. These kids are day to day in the off season and year to year in play. The next thing you'll see is kids leaving teams at any point in season if they sniff a better NIL deal. They'll just sit out awaiting the better deal. By the end of today we should all be disgusted.

18. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

{By the end of today we should all be disgusted}

How about early in the morning?:(

19. Terry O'Keefe

Looks like all the guys have signed, west coast not yet and of course Peyton Bowen didn't sign "yet" with anybody. I think he's got one of those event signings where he'll shock the world and call attention to his importance and build his brand. Even if he signs with the Irish, which is slim, I'm very wary of him.

20. Tim Gentry

If we can get a class like this every year for the next five or 10 years I’ll be more than happy!! Super class and great young men. Thanks Marcus Freeman

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022