Notre Dame Winter.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Also while Freeman has let everybody know that we are looking for a Transfer QB, it's not very clear who that might be. My brother tells me that Hudson Card wants to know what Max Duggan is going to do as he apparently can come back to TCU. Personally I don't know why he would do that, I seriously doubt he could improve his draft status and While TCU has had a magical year there is no guarantee that will repeat next season.

I've seen that they would lust after Sam Hartman if he entered the portal, but he hasn't and Bill has said the Gators feel the same way.

2. Terry O'Keefe

Joe Alt and Michael Mayer are both 1st team AP All Americans, Isaih Foskey is a 2nd team AA.

If Alt stays healthy and continues to play and improve he could be a 2 time 1st team AA and a very high NFL draft pick. Nobody could have predicted this in August 2021 when he was a raw freshman who hadn't played that much OT, played TE till his senior year and was not a top 100 player. He was the #21 OT in his recruiting class. Most felt at the time he was signed that he wouldn't play as a freshman and might work his way into playing time as a soph but needed a lot of development. Had a high upside but would take some time.

3. Terry O'Keefe

Cane Berrong TE is entering the Portal. He was highly recruited coming out of HS. The once loaded TE room is thinning out with 4 guys coming back next year, Bauman, Evans, Staes and Rairdon. All of whom have had some injury issues in the past. We have 1 freshman coming, Cooper Flannigan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

What a mess this has become. I can see all incoming high school players all going onto a big pool of eligible players and there being some kind of college football draft. How you manage that with hundreds of teams I have no idea. Take this QB from Coastal Carolina. Name me one HS QB you would take over him for the coming season with the total lack of control you have these days. You can't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  5. Terry O'Keefe

I look forward to this guy in a Gold Helmet. Tim Prister's comments

There aren’t many tight ends in the 2023 class who I would consider trading for Cooper Flanagan.

Very few have the combination of size, blocking ability, toughness, and receiving skills that Flanagan has proven at De La Salle.

At roughly six-foot-six, Flanagan’s weight has fluctuated between 230 to 250 pounds. But there’s no question he has an ideal frame and physical makeup for the position. And at De La Salle, given its punishing ground game, this is a tight end with high-end blocking ability.

Flanagan approaches blocking through four quarters like he’s in a street fight. He plays through injuries, and he’s all-out through the whistle on every snap. And despite his six-foot-six stature, Flanagan is skilled in lowering his pad level and winning the leverage battle in the trenches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Terry,

REF: Flanagan

yes, it looks like we are getting another good one at the TE position again.

7. Terry O'Keefe

Mayer is now officiially a Consensus All American.

Mayer was the first team selection on 3 of the 5 recognized All-American lists (Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, The Sporting News, American Football Coaches Association, and Walter Camp Football Foundation). He was second team on the FWAA, and AFCA has not been revealed yet.

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

9. Terry O'Keefe

Irish add a Grad Transfer Kicker!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tim Gentry

We needed him for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

The AFCA AA Team is out.

Foskey - 1st Team
    Mayer -2nd Team
    Patterson- 2nd Team
    Alt - 2nd Team
    Vinson our Long Snapper - 1st Team.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tim Gentry

If Sam Hartman enters the portal I’d love to see ND get him. It would make sense on both sides. He could enhance his NFL projection and ND could have a shot at a NC with and experienced QB who can really throw.
    We are looking for a Quality QB for one year he he needs to p look play for a contender for a year then off to NFL.
    No problem with the transfer either as he would be a grad.

13. Terry O'Keefe

So I don't really understand why Sam Hartman would enter the Portal, he's played a ton and the book on him has been written. Another year ( would be his 6th I think) won't enhance his draft status. He's not going to be a 1st round draft pick. I did read someplace that it is possible that he could make a lot of money in the NIL game, miuch more than Wake Forrest could offer, and maybe more than he could make as a late round draft pick. So if true that's his motivation.

I'd love to have Sam Hartman though, he's a fantastic "college" QB. He's got a good arm and is accurate, I think he'd be great at Notre Dame. But if it's NIL he's not coming to ND. Florida can out bid us.

In fact we are bleeding recruits due to NIL, already lost out on Dante Moore (QB) and Keon Keely (LB) and the RB who just recently bailed, Dylan Edwards, to go with Deon Sanders. We are facing losing Limar (RB) to Oregon and Bowen to OU both due to the NIL money available at those schools.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  14. Tim Gentry

Four-star RB Aneyas Williams commits to Notre Dame

RB Room blowing up!

15. Terry O'Keefe

The kid is a stud from what I read a difference maker....RB is a position of strength. Now we need to shore up the WR room!

BTW Pete Sampson said the transfer QB is likely to be playing in a bowl game. So maybe it's Bryson Young!!!:D

If he's right then that eliminates Hudson Card, Grayson McCall and the Leary kid from NC State.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tim Gentry

I started out liking the Leary kid but I don’t think he is going to be ready for spring ball so that won’t work. We gotta find an experienced kid who can be in SB this coming spring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tim Gentry

Really??? Well I guess I’ll be watching more of the bowl games than planned.

18. Terry O'Keefe

BTW I was wrong on Grayson McCall he's playing in his bowl game. Good for him, not bailing on his teammates.

19. Terry O'Keefe

Irish Men travel to Atlanta to take on Georgia as part of one of those Holiday events call Holiday Hoopsgiving. Both teams are unranked and not even getting votes in the "other teams". They are 7-3. Irish of course need the win esp after that awful showing vs Marquette last week.

The #5 Irish Women travel to Blacksburg to take on the #6 Va. Tech women. Tech has one of the top players in the ACC in center Elizabeth Kitley. Irish are a high scoring team avg 88 points a game while VaTech is a great defensive team holding opponents to 48 points a game. Something has to give. Would be a terrific win for the Irish to start conference play. Va.Tech was the pre-season pick to win the ACC.

20. Terry O'Keefe

4 star member of the 2023 class!