Notre Dame Winter.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Dec 3, 2022.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I felt we had a good chance at Urlacher. I doubted that NIL money would be the overriding concern of the family.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

From some of the things I've read that Brady Quinn has said, all of the scholarship football players are getting some NIL money. He didn't say how much though. He's the spokesperson for the Notre Dame Collective.

3. Terry O'Keefe

We are loaded with Eiferts! Grady Eifert who went to Purdue and went from walk-on to starter on the Basketball team is Tyler Eiferts younger brother, Tyler's other younger brother, Griffin, has been a 4 year walk-on as a WR for the football team. Grady was recently hired to be the director of Player Development and Recruiting at ND.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terry O'Keefe

In no surprise, Micah Shrewsberry's son, Braeden, officially committed to the Irish. The basketball roster is still under construction by coach Shrewsberry. He's pretty much filled out his staff and is working hard at recruiting. Certainly will be interesting to see watch what he does with the program. Nobody expects a miracle for next year, but if he accomplishes what he's set out to do we should be in good shape by year 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Sid, did Brian go to the same HS as the Eiferts in Ft. Wayne?

6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Yes.

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

8. Terry O'Keefe

A lot of positive vibes around coach Shrewsberry as noted in the article Sid posted.

I hope he can get the program back to where it is competing for the ACC championship like it did when it went to back to back elite 8's or back when coach Brey had us in the thick of things in Big East. I like his enthusiasm, but winning a Nat'l Title isn't my expectation for him, but I'm glad he comes in shooting for the moon.

"I came here because I think you can win a national championship here," he says, "I really do believe that." Notre Dame men's basketball can, and will, win an NCAA title. Shrewsberry says it with such conviction that he makes that idea not seem impossible at all.

9. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Micah Gilbert 4* WR from NC commits to ND. This is a GOOD one! Real good!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

Really nice pickup for the Irish. We are finally starting to get a better quality WR recruit. Last year's class was very good and we are adding to it for 2024.

We still aren't getting the WR that you see at Ohio State and Alabama. But we are trending up!

11. Terry O'Keefe

Coach Shrewsberry picked up a good one today in 4 star PF Carey Booth. His dad is a former player and current NBA GM for the Denver Nuggets, Calvin Booth.

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

You wonder if Carr is one of the reasons for us getting better WR recruits. I'm not forgetting Stucky is doing a good job also. He just has something good to sell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

I think I would disagree a little on that. at least 2 of the WRs from last yrs class and 2 from the 2024 class could start anywhere. Maybe “start” is a little off but any team any of the power 5 would gladly take them.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  14. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

We'll see what happens to Coach Hartline after he gets out his self-induced doghouse, I'm hopeful he learns a good lesson and gets back on the recruiting trail. To put things in perspective with his receiver room, Marvin Harrison, Jr is only the 8th highest rated WR on the current roster.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Terry O'Keefe

Wait so you are saying you have 7 WR's better than Marvin Harrison Jr? That's scary because when I've seen him play he's been outstanding and looks like a 1st rounder!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Terry O'Keefe

From article on top returning WR's in 2023!

1. MARVIN HARRISON JR., OHIO STATE
    [​IMG]
    (Photo: Columbus Dispatch, USA TODAY Sports)
    12COMMENTS
    2022 numbers: 56 catches, 1,131 yards, 8 TDs

Harrison is top 5 good in terms of 2024 NFL Draft potential and almost single-handedly made minced meat of Georgia's secondary in last season's College Football Playoff. Had he not been knocked out of the game late, the nation's top receiver may have been able to put the Buckeyes in position to win the game in the final moments. He's the best route-runner in the country and one of the strongest players on the outside. Ohio State has a wealth of riches at receiver, beginning with No. 18. Harrison averaged 20.2 yards per catch.

College football rankings: Marvin Harrison Jr. leads top 25 returning WRs for 2023 season

17. Terry O'Keefe

Another addition by Coach Shrewsberry.

The Notre Dame basketball program landed its third commitment in as many days on Wednesday as Logan Imes announced his decision to join the Fighting Irish.

The 2023 Indiana guard joins Braeden Shrewsberry and Carey Booth, who announced their commitments on Monday and Tuesday, respectively.

Like Shrewsberry and Booth, Imes had been committed to Penn State when Micah Shrewsberry was the Nittany Lions head coach and reopened his recruitment upon Shrewsberry being hired by the Irish.

Notre Dame Adds Another Commitment In 2023 G Logan Imes

18. BuckeyeT

Not exactly. What I was trying to convey was that of the WR currently on the roster, 7 of them were more highly rated coming out of high school than was he just to indicate how freaky talented is Hartline's WR room. The piece you linked had Marv the highest rated returning WR in the country. Agreed, almost certain 1st rounder, maybe even top 5. He's just a bigger, stronger, faster version of his Dad, who also had the benefit of his Dad as mentor and Hartline and 3 1st rounders in the same room drafted before him. Did you happen to see #2?

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Terry O'Keefe

Oh yeah...an embarrassment of riches in the Buckeye WR room! Maybe even I could have a decent stat line with those guys! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. BuckeyeT

No doubt since Hartline came aboard they've been on roll like Bama was 4-5 years ago with Ridley, Ruggs, Jeudy, Waddle, Smith, et al that whole crew. If they could get on the same kinda roll with DB's, LB and OL, I'd be a happy camper

• Agree Agree x 1