Notre Dame Winter/Spring

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

This is not good, the men's swimming program has been on the upswing, one of our swimmers is on the Olympic team and expected to medal and the HC is also with the team.

But apparently they have are responding to a complaint about the culture of the program, not sure what that means. But I am thinking Northwestern football, sadly.

x.com

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Re: Terry's post directly above this one:

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Irish renew the seies with Michigan State in 2026, in fact in 2026 we play 4 Big 10 teams. MSU, Wisconsin, Purdue and USC. Then add the 5 ACC games and Navy and that's 10 games I imagine the other 2 games will be MAC type of opponent.

I remember when MSU hired Saban and I thought, who's he? I'd forgotten that he'd been briefly with the Houston Oilers.

The University of Notre Dame football program has announced a continuation of its storied rivalry with Michigan State via a two-game series against the Spartans that will begin in 2026.

Notre Dame will host Michigan State in Notre Dame Stadium on Sept. 19, 2026, and the Irish will then travel to face the Spartans in East Lansing on Sept. 18, 2027. Game times and broadcast networks will be announced at a later date.

Notre Dame and Michigan State have met on 79 occasions, which is the fourth-most prolific series in Irish football history. The programs first met in 1887 – a 34-6 Irish victory. Since 1949 the winner of each installment of the rivalry earns the Megaphone Trophy, which is currently held by the Irish after a win in the most recent matchup, a 38-18 victory in East Lansing in 2017.

A highly competitive series, which features the legendary 10-10 tie when top-ranked Michigan State and second-ranked Notre Dame met in East Lansing during the 1966 season, the last 64 meetings between the Irish and Spartans have featured at least one Associated Press ranked team.

Notre Dame holds a 249-131-16 record in program history vs. the Big Ten.