Notre Dame vs Va.Tech

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

We are thin at his position

• Like Like x 1
  2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It's a win-win for player and school. Pretty impressive that he graduated in 3 yrs. Wonder what he'll be taking in grad school.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Good question Gipper, I do not know about his academic endeavors, but obviously he is an excellent student.

4. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Pryor definitely fills a need.

5. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Looks like this should be a fairly easy transition for Pryor:

“I just feel like they made it really easy,” Pryor told Irish Sports Daily on Sunday. “I’ve known Coach Joseph, Coach Lyght, Coach Kelly and all of those guys for a while. I feel like the chemistry was already there and we were just building on a relationship that was already there.”

The relationships spread through the locker room as well with the former IMG Academy standout having been teammates with guys like Houston Griffith and Robert Hainsey earlier in his career.

“I was with the guys all of the time,” said Pryor, who mentioned he spent a lot of time with freshman safety Kyle Hamilton.

“Houston was my roommate at IMG. I was there with Rob. As far as the team, I feel like I’m already included. It’s more like a family.”

On the field, he feels comfortable with however the Irish staff decides to use him.

“Defensively, they’re going to incorporate me into whatever position they feel like they need to in order for us to be successful,” he said.

A graduate transfer, Pryor will have two years of eligibility left starting in 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry O'Keefe

He definitely plays a position of need. We are just too thin in the defensive backfield. CB is probably worse than safety though.

7. Terry O'Keefe

Listening to Trevor Ruhland's post game. I doubt if we can count on him to play heavy minutes this year. He said he's been told not to play, and that he has the knee of an 80 y/o. So expect to see either Dillan Gibbons or John Dirksen get playing time at RG to spell Ruhland. This has gone from a solid veteran OL with 4 of 5 starters returning and a lot of hope that they would improve on last years performance and be a really good part of the offense. Now the whole right side is wiped out. But we're not the only team with these issues, when you get to November it's pretty unusual for you to have all 22 Sept starters healthy to finish the season. Injuries are part of the game.

8. Terry O'Keefe

Re-watch of the last couple of minutes gives me new respect for our holder who got a terrible snap yet got it down for Doerer to make the kick to seal the win. Also for Doerer to have the patience to let that happen so he could make that kick

• Like Like x 1