Notre Dame vs USC

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I'm not sure Kyren Williams is appreciated enough, he had a great game, and behind an OL that is starting to find itself a bit.

Jack Coan was solid, Kevin Austin dropped a few but made some plays.

I liked how they used Tyler Buchner tonight. The Freshman WR both made some nice plays.

As I said a nice win.

I kinda wished Kelly had punched in the score after the sack /fumble at the end.

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It looks like Hamilton's injury isn't season ending but we'll need further info. He could have a partial tear. Good to see Mayer back but he wasn't as prominent as he has been. Austin continues to get better and Lenzy had a big block in a big run by Williams. I have to give the O line credit they're adequate when Coan is in up tempo mode and the run blocking was much better. Alt did a nice job.
    London is one hell of a ball player. He has great hands and is extremely elusive. The only way to stop him is sack his QB.
    Buchner had a good game. I especially liked the one pass he threw. He should have been in the game after Bauer's int.
    I was miffed about Doerer's miss but on second thought, I'll take the first quarter occasional miss if he makes the OT or game ending winners.

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I thought Mayer played well. Had several catches and blocked well. He wears out the DBs which makes things easier for the speed guys. Coan is very stationary and cannot extend plays like Book could so the passing game is shorter. The O-Line is looking better and the defense continues to be athletic and dominate. This team has a good chance to finish 11-1. Then what?

4. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

This is just super cool!

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

• Like Like x 1